Gaming PC under 85K (Buying All)

sohan_92

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Dishonored 2, Skyrim Special Edition (Modded), Path of Exile, Watching HEVC and 10-bit videos, Heavy Web Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 85K + 2k; can stretch upto 95K if I get all compatible components.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB SSD + 2TB HDD ; will be converting my 2TB external to internal

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I want a 22" FHD monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have Speaker, HDD and mouse and Keyboard.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next Month (November)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be assembled by my brother and myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bengaluru. Open to both Online and offline.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: UPS is must.
Please suggest compatible RAM for the Mobo so that I can get maximum clocks.
Whenever suggesting local price, please suggest bangalore SP road price instead of other region.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I got the following specs for 80k. You will get them like 8-10k less if you wait for the festive season
Ryzen 1600 thanks to @ssb1551
Asus Prime B350+
Lg 22" FHD
Zotac GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Spec 1 case
2tb hdd
Just wait and trust me you will surely save some $$'s.
Another word of advice, don't buy anything from Amazon or any other ecommerce website.
Good luck. May the force be with you.

Last edited:
OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
I got the following specs for 80k. You will get them like 8-10k less if you wait for the festive season
Ryzen 1600 thanks to ssb
Asus Prime B350+
Lg 22" FHD
Zotac GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Spec 1 case
2tb hdd
Just wait and trust me you will surely save some $$'s.
Another word of advice, don't buy anything from Amazon or any other ecommerce website.
Good luck. May the force be with you.

Can I get a SSD too within this budget? And suggest an UPS too.

And I already have a 2TB Seagate Expansion 2TB External. (Can it it be converted to internal HDD?).

billubakra

Conversation Architect

And I already have a 2TB Seagate Expansion 2TB External. (Can it it be converted to internal HDD?).

Forgot PSU is Antec vp550p.
The money that you will save, you can spend on the ssd. Its total space will be less than what you are looking for though.
I doubt that, let the seniors to reply.
Ups Cyberpower or APC. But check its compatibility with your PSU first.

quicky008

Technomancer
Rather than going for ryzen 1600,you may opt for ryzen 5 1500x/1400 and save some money in the process.You can now spend this money on getting an ups or SSD for your pc.As your primary usage is gaming a ryzen 1500x or 1400 will do just fine.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -82K

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X -16500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Antec VP550P -4500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC - 21000,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -5500,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.

Total: 82,000.

vito scalleta

In the zone

Yes. You can take the hdd out of the enclosure and fit it in a 2.5inch slot of your cabinet. But most likely you wont be able to put the hdd back in side the enclosure in case you decide that you want an external hdd. Careful before deciding.

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Rather than going for ryzen 1600,you may opt for ryzen 5 1500x/1400 and save some money in the process.You can now spend this money on getting an ups or SSD for your pc.As your primary usage is gaming a ryzen 1500x or 1400 will do just fine.
Will it be a good idea as I want to run this PC atleast for 5 years?

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Budget -82K

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X -16500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Antec VP550P -4500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC - 21000,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -5500,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.

Total: 82,000.
Not planning to overclock. Is it reasonable to get 1500X?

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Yes. You can take the hdd out of the enclosure and fit it in a 2.5inch slot of your cabinet. But most likely you wont be able to put the hdd back in side the enclosure in case you decide that you want an external hdd. Careful before deciding.
I am aware of the risk that it is an irreversible process and as it is not in warranty anymore I am planning to make it permanent internal HDD.

Top Bottom