Gaming pc (slow build) (Max 1080 resolution, but AAA titles)

schizophrenic

Broken In
Hi,
Have a weird request. Am in the process of a slow build for a gaming den. When i started off, the aim was 1080p projector gaming in 5.1 sound . So 2 years and a lot of delayed starts have gotten to the point of assembling the final piece of the jigsaw, the CPU. Since this will be a gaming centric pc with occasional video conversions, and am a fair tinkerer, I need your input. The aim of the system will primarily be gaming at maxed settings but at 1080p resolutions. (unfortunately my projector can support max 1080p at 60hz ) The gaming system needs to be flexible enough to support AAA titles 3 yrs down the road at max settings. (Am thinking of the nvidia 1080 but half of me screams overkill). Need your POV. The CPU and MB is changing from intel to amd with the ryzen hype (but frankly i am ready to accept that there is not going to be a lot of mHz changes just cores, plus have burned my fingers with the sempron so havent fixed on anything). With Steam in India and good net connections (finally) Im ready to plunge into my passion. So let it flow..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: First person shooters , no multiplayers, anything from id, (doom 2016 is the primary reason for the build) but wish to play metro 1-3 even the upcoming one , half life ep 3/4 (whenever gaben decides) and gears of war, and the wolfenstein 2,1 new order , fallout , bioshock, and anything new that comes out.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: max 90k,

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Factory overclocked gpus welcome, dynamic overclocking by motherboards also welcome, but no graphite tricks or liquid cooling unless absolutely required

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Actually on stalker Call of chernobyl now. (hope win 10 supports that)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have a lot of spare hdds, and hdd docks. SO the system will be running only on games and OS (thinking of raid for speed though )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: monitor = projector. So no monitor to be purchased. But max 1080p resolution (has hdmi x1 , vga x1 inputs unoccoupied)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have a Gaming mouse. Logitech z550 D. APC UPS 1000 VA . Have to buy all else

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Around diwali .. (targetting steam haloween sales' Doom for 500 bucks )

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Near Mumbai. Can manage lamington road once or twice. Online yes, find it less stressful compared to haggling.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Have used the cooler master HAF xb evo for my server. Need something similar industrial but a lot less airy. Case needs to be sexy and functional but understated as no led lighting will be done.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -93.5K

1. Processor - AMD R5 1600X -19500,
  2. Motherboard - Asus Prime B350-Plus -8000,
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -12000,
  4. GPU - Sapphire RX580 8GB OC Pulse -25500,
  5. HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  6. SMPS - Seasonic M12II 520w -7000,
  7. SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB -13000,
  8. Cabinet - Corsair SPEC Alpha -5000.
  9. TOTAL -93,500.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SSD - Crucial MX300 275GB -6000
First,where are you getting this price because online the cheapest price I could find was ~6800-7000.Second,why would you or anybody would want to spend ~7k on any 250gb ssd besides Samsung 850 Evo which is a proven series both performance & reliability wise.

GPU - Sapphire RX570 4GB OC Pulse -15400
Again where are you getting such prices.Because of current cryptocurrency mining craze,amd cards are selling at a premium & are too overpriced.A simple search show that RX570 is not available for less than 20000 in any reputed online shopping site.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi,
Have a weird request. Am in the process of a slow build for a gaming den. When i started off, the aim was 1080p projector gaming in 5.1 sound . So 2 years and a lot of delayed starts have gotten to the point of assembling the final piece of the jigsaw, the CPU. Since this will be a gaming centric pc with occasional video conversions, and am a fair tinkerer, I need your input. The aim of the system will primarily be gaming at maxed settings but at 1080p resolutions. (unfortunately my projector can support max 1080p at 60hz ) The gaming system needs to be flexible enough to support AAA titles 3 yrs down the road at max settings. (Am thinking of the nvidia 1080 but half of me screams overkill). Need your POV. The CPU and MB is changing from intel to amd with the ryzen hype (but frankly i am ready to accept that there is not going to be a lot of mHz changes just cores, plus have burned my fingers with the sempron so havent fixed on anything). With Steam in India and good net connections (finally) Im ready to plunge into my passion. So let it flow..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: First person shooters , no multiplayers, anything from id, (doom 2016 is the primary reason for the build) but wish to play metro 1-3 even the upcoming one , half life ep 3/4 (whenever gaben decides) and gears of war, and the wolfenstein 2,1 new order , fallout , bioshock, and anything new that comes out.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: max 90k,

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Factory overclocked gpus welcome, dynamic overclocking by motherboards also welcome, but no graphite tricks or liquid cooling unless absolutely required

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Actually on stalker Call of chernobyl now. (hope win 10 supports that)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have a lot of spare hdds, and hdd docks. SO the system will be running only on games and OS (thinking of raid for speed though )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: monitor = projector. So no monitor to be purchased. But max 1080p resolution (has hdmi x1 , vga x1 inputs unoccoupied)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have a Gaming mouse. Logitech z550 D. APC UPS 1000 VA . Have to buy all else

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Around diwali .. (targetting steam haloween sales' Doom for 500 bucks )

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Near Mumbai. Can manage lamington road once or twice. Online yes, find it less stressful compared to haggling.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Have used the cooler master HAF xb evo for my server. Need something similar industrial but a lot less airy. Case needs to be sexy and functional but understated as no led lighting will be done.

TL;DR
As you are planning to buy the config near DIWALI which is still good 2 months away, there is no point in suggesting a config now because prices are haywire since the crypto-mining craze and GST implementation.

Budget -92.4K

1. Processor - AMD R7 1600 -20000, ( :confused: AMD made these? )
  2. GPU - Sapphire RX570 4GB OC Pulse -15400, (RX 570 in 90k budget? )
  3. Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000, (OP doesn't even wants to buy a monitor)
  4. SSD - Crucial MX300 275GB -6000, (why not 850 Evo then? )
  5. KB/Mouse - Thermaltake Commander -3500. (why not a proper mechanical kb?)
Dude, WTF??
mega :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
TL;DR
As you are planning to buy the config near DIWALI which is still good 2 months away, there is no point in suggesting a config now because prices are haywire since the crypto-mining craze and GST implementation.

Dude, WTF??
mega :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Made the necessary changes.

Top Bottom