Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
For the GPU part, tell that shopkeeper to check his "facts"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks @SaiyanGoku His reason was that all gaming users ask for Nvidia GPU's I am the only one whose's asking for the AMD GPU. The same thing was repeated by other shopkeepers. Some of them also said warranty of Nvidia is more+the customer support is good too. Why are the prices so high all of a sudden?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks a lot. The prices of gfx are very high in the market. The shopkeepers told me to buy the rest of the components now and gfx later as after gst the prices of other parts will increase too. What should I do? Also the shopkeepers said that ryzen is just fine but gfx of AMD are crap.
No budget for ssd. Also I can handle the booting time of a minute I guess. All the shopping websites above, do they have cod facility? And how's the return?

Zotac Nvidia cards are priced decently at local stores too. Just check the prices on these websites and try get it around the same price offline/online. I don't know how GST effects the price. It's not going to reduce much incase it reduces and I'd not like it increased so I'd get it now. Intel processors have onboard gfx but Ryzen doesn't come with any so you will need a dedicated graphic card. In dedicated gfx cards AMD is equal to Nvidia in performance at the price points you are looking at. Only difference is they draw in more power at load when compared to Nvidia counterparts but as ico said you won't see >500rs difference in electricity bill over the year. I'd get the AMD cards if they are available at their original prices. Plus point of AMD cards if you are getting freesync monitor. But as I said they are not available and prices are jacked up. Nvidia Gtx 1060 at ~20k is a great card. I'd just get it if RX 580/570 are not available at good price. Don't fret much on gfx card as any card you purchase today at 15-20k price range is going to serve well for couple of years. You will be looking into upgrade by that time when you feel it is not up to the mark. I have experience only with ITDepot and Vedant computers and they are very good. I'm not sure about returns but they have good reputation over the years and should be good. ITDepot is based in Chennai and have warehouse in Bangalore and free delivery at these two locations. Vedant is based in Kolkata. I think PrimeABGB is based in Mumbai. So you probably can walk in to one of these stores in case you have issues with return if you are staying in any of those cities.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Zotac Nvidia cards are priced decently at local stores too. Just check the prices on these websites and try get it around the same price offline/online. I don't know how GST effects the price. It's not going to reduce much incase it reduces and I'd not like it increased so I'd get it now. Intel processors have onboard gfx but Ryzen doesn't come with any so you will need a dedicated graphic card. In dedicated gfx cards AMD is equal to Nvidia in performance at the price points you are looking at. Only difference is they draw in more power at load when compared to Nvidia counterparts but as ico said you won't see >500rs difference in electricity bill over the year. I'd get the AMD cards if they are available at their original prices. Plus point of AMD cards if you are getting freesync monitor. But as I said they are not available and prices are jacked up. Nvidia Gtx 1060 at ~20k is a great card. I'd just get it if RX 580/570 are not available at good price. Don't fret much on gfx card as any card you purchase today at 15-20k price range is going to serve well for couple of years. You will be looking into upgrade by that time when you feel it is not up to the mark.

Thanks dear. Why are the prices so high of AMD cards now? The shopkeepers have none in stock. They said they can arrange them but the price will be 2k-4k more. Also after GST they said that the tax will be 28% so the price will increase of all computer parts. I can spend a little more on gfx, say around 20-28k but I want it to handle all games for "atleast" the next 2 years.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Thanks dear. Why are the prices so high of AMD cards now? The shopkeepers have none in stock. They said they can arrange them but the price will be 2k-4k more. Also after GST they said that the tax will be 28% so the price will increase of all computer parts. I can spend a little more on gfx, say around 20-28k but I want it to handle all games for "atleast" the next 2 years.
Right now there is crypto currency mining craze and AMD cards are efficient at mining Etherium which is hot right now. Miners are grabbing any AMD card in sight and so there is high demand and hence jacked up prices. GTX 1060 should be able to handle 90% games at 1080p for next 2 years.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Right now there is crypto currency mining craze and AMD cards are efficient at mining Etherium which is hot right now. Miners are grabbing any AMD card in sight and so there is high demand and hence jacked up prices. GTX 1060 should be able to handle 90% games at 1080p for next 2 years.
GTX 1060 6gb price here is 25500/- Should I go for less ram variant? I will share prices of all components once I get my hands on the list.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Zotac Nvidia cards are priced decently at local stores too. Just check the prices on these websites and try get it around the same price offline/online. I don't know how GST effects the price. It's not going to reduce much incase it reduces and I'd not like it increased so I'd get it now. Intel processors have onboard gfx but Ryzen doesn't come with any so you will need a dedicated graphic card. In dedicated gfx cards AMD is equal to Nvidia in performance at the price points you are looking at. Only difference is they draw in more power at load when compared to Nvidia counterparts but as ico said you won't see >500rs difference in electricity bill over the year. I'd get the AMD cards if they are available at their original prices. Plus point of AMD cards if you are getting freesync monitor. But as I said they are not available and prices are jacked up. Nvidia Gtx 1060 at ~20k is a great card. I'd just get it if RX 580/570 are not available at good price. Don't fret much on gfx card as any card you purchase today at 15-20k price range is going to serve well for couple of years. You will be looking into upgrade by that time when you feel it is not up to the mark. I have experience only with ITDepot and Vedant computers and they are very good. I'm not sure about returns but they have good reputation over the years and should be good. ITDepot is based in Chennai and have warehouse in Bangalore and free delivery at these two locations. Vedant is based in Kolkata. I think PrimeABGB is based in Mumbai. So you probably can walk in to one of these stores in case you have issues with return if you are staying in any of those cities.

I am from Punjab. Which site should I prefer? And do they have COD facility?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am in love with this case-
Corsair CC-9011050-WW Carbide Series SPEC-01 Steel Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories
I highly doubt that I will get it from the market. Is the price of this cabinet right? I am skeptical of buying the same as if I buy it I will have to assemble it all by myself.
Is this ram allright?
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair 8GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz C16 Red Kit for X99 Chipset (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R) Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

@bssunilreddy
Bhai can you please give me the latest list of the components that you have?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I was talking about the latest prices of the components that you suggested me.
I think mdcomputers prices are the cheapest ones available online and local prices will be 5% cheaper than mdcomputers prices.

Get estimates from local vendors and compare and buy. Ok.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks a lot. The prices of gfx are very high in the market. The shopkeepers told me to buy the rest of the components now and gfx later as after gst the prices of other parts will increase too. What should I do? Also the shopkeepers said that ryzen is just fine but gfx of AMD are crap.
No budget for ssd. Also I can handle the booting time of a minute I guess. All the shopping websites above, do they have cod facility? And how's the return?
tbh we know more than shopkeepers.

RX 570 4 GB for 16K + FreeSync monitor

Or

GTX 1060 6 GB for 21K are your choices.

Buy from mdcomputers.in

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
U can buy from mdcomputer,vedantcomputers or primeabgb all are good but they don't have COD but u can trust them.

Not sure of others but I've shopped at ITDepot and they do have COD. They also price match if you tell them something is available cheaper on different site or local shop.

I am in love with this case-
Corsair CC-9011050-WW Carbide Series SPEC-01 Steel Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories
I highly doubt that I will get it from the market. Is the price of this cabinet right? I am skeptical of buying the same as if I buy it I will have to assemble it all by myself.
Is this ram allright?
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair 8GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz C16 Red Kit for X99 Chipset (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R) Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

The same case is 3.1k on ITDepot but probably will come to same price will delivery charges applied. Just check all the sites I've suggested and check the price at checkout page with delivery applied. Also try local, most of the stuff you see online are available local also.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks friends. I have zeroed down the following components, please let me know if anything needs to be changed
AMD Ryzen 1600
Asus Prime B350 Plus or Gigabyte? Still confused.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz
Seasonic S12II 520w
Corsair SPEC-01/Corsair CC 9011050 or any other cool looking cabinet, still searching for the same, any suggestions? I once saw a Batman themed cabinet any idea from where to get it?
Sapphire RX570 4GB ( There are many editions of the same available here-
GRAPHICS CARD
Which one should I buy?) Also RX580 4GB is 2k expensive than 570. Should I stick with 570 or shift to 580?
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS/Is there any model available from Samsung in this range?

I hope that the above system will be able to handle games for atleast the next 2-4 years.

If I buy few products online and few from the shops, then will I be able to assemble them at home? I mean is it easy?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Both Asus Prime B350 Plus and Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 are good. I've heard Asus Prime B350 Plus is one of the overclocker's favorite b350 boards. I've bought the Gigabyte AB350 as it has dual bios and the only B350 board to have latest ALC1220 audio. But some people have faced the motherboard limiting the extreme overclock as the VRMs reach high temperatures. It should be good enough for moderate overcloking though.

The link you have mentioned, it shows the cards but if you click on the RX 570 cards none of them are available.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Both Asus Prime B350 Plus and Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 are good. I've heard Asus Prime B350 Plus is one of the overclocker's favorite b350 boards. I've bought the Gigabyte AB350 as it has dual bios and the only B350 board to have latest ALC1220 audio. But some people have faced the motherboard limiting the extreme overclock as the VRMs reach high temperatures. It should be good enough for moderate overcloking though.

The link you have mentioned, it shows the cards but if you click on the RX 570 cards none of them are available.

Keeping the discussion to the layman level, which one should I go for finally Asus oor Gigabyte?
Yea I just opened each of those 570 and 580 one's but none are in stock, what should I do?

ssb1551

Technomancer
No 570/580/470/480 Cards are in stock now because of Ethereum mining craze. You can get 550 and 560 though but they are very weak as compared to Nvidia's offerings at that price bracket. So GTX 1060 6GB seems to be the only logical choice.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
You can't go wrong with either boards. I'm guessing you won't be tinkering with high overclocking so I'd recommend the Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 board for the safety of dual bios since both the boards are similar in price. Well if you are not able to get RX 570 at <16k or RX 580 8GB less than 22k anywhere, just go with GTX 1060 6GB at <21k.

If I buy few products online and few from the shops, then will I be able to assemble them at home? I mean is it easy?
Yes you should be if you get the compatible parts. i.e., if you don't do mistakes like buying full ATX motherboard and micro ATX cabinet. Just make sure you post the exact list of parts you would be getting here before placing the orders. It is easy, it is just like playing with Legos albeit costlier ones. If you are doing for first time just have the manuals and all in place. :D

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No 570/580/470/480 Cards are in stock now because of Ethereum mining craze. You can get 550 and 560 though but they are very weak as compared to Nvidia's offerings at that price bracket. So GTX 1060 6GB seems to be the only logical choice.
You can't go wrong with either boards. I'm guessing you won't be tinkering with high overclocking so I'd recommend the Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 board for the safety of dual bios since both the boards are similar in price. Well if you are not able to get RX 570 at <16k or RX 580 8GB less than 22k anywhere, just go with GTX 1060 6GB at <21k.

Yes you should be if you get the compatible parts. i.e., if you don't do mistakes like buying full ATX motherboard and micro ATX cabinet. Just make sure you post the exact list of parts you would be getting here before placing the orders. It is easy, it is just like playing with Legos albeit costlier ones. If you are doing for first time just have the manuals and all in place. :D

Thanks Guys. Is it advisable to wait for the 570/580 cards? Any timeframe when they might be back in stock?

@Digital Fragger
I will post the exact model numbers+photos of the parts before buying. Give me time. I am still looking for a decent case and a FreeSync LCD from Samsung.

ssb1551

Technomancer
I am at SP Road now enquiring for RX 570. Found in a shop but the cost is 25.6k. I have to buy a card today so roamed the entire SP Road. Forget the Radeon even there are almost no stocks for nVidia cards. Zotac 6GB 1060 Amp edition is for 25k inc taxes. Finally got Galax EXOC 6GB 1060 for 22k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom