Gaming PC (Ryzen) Specs Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
One thing to keep in mind [MENTION=154704]billubakra[/MENTION] is that Ryzen processors don't have integrated graphics. So you need an external graphics card to run your system. So buy the CPU and rest of the components along with the Vega GPU whenever it is launched.
Is the i5 processor having an integrated graphics for the pc? My laptop's config says i5 with integrated graphics. Sorry for the silly question don't know what that means.

Intel will not drop prices too much.. Instead They will offer more threads/cores for the same prices .. Ryzen is putting a lot of pressure on them

In response , Intel will now launch their 8th generation i5/i7 Unlocked K series processors early in August 2017 .. i7 will be 6C/12 Thread processor..

Dropping price is really the last resort for a company and a difficult decision ..

GPU situation is totally uncertain at this point..

Unless VEGA is a "smashing" success , Nvidia isn't going to do anything... there are rumours that they are going to launch their 20 series GPU in Q3 , but take it with a big grain of salt for now.. it looks very improbable at this point

Man I think Vega will be all hype after reading what other tech sites are saying about it. I hope it's worth the wait and price, price as in after GST the prices will increase, atleast that's what today's newspaper is saying.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Is the i5 processor having an integrated graphics for the pc? My laptop's config says i5 with integrated graphics. Sorry for the silly question don't know what that means.

Man I think Vega will be all hype after reading what other tech sites are saying about it. I hope it's worth the wait and price, price as in after GST the prices will increase, atleast that's what today's newspaper is saying.

Which i5 processor are you referring ? Most of them have an IGP. The Xeons and other high-end processors from Intel don't come with IGP. I don't remember the naming convention of such processors. Sorry about that.

Vega has not been released yet. Hype can go anyway. Good or bad. I would recommend you to wait anyway.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Yes, Intel i5 Processors have Integrated Graphics whereas Ryzen does not have.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again for replying Dear Brothers @SaiyanGoku @bssunilreddy @saikiasunny @Vineet Sharma

Goku Ji,
Why would you buy physical disks when it limits you from using the key on steam?
Because I got it for Rs. 1500/-

You'll have to download most of the game eventually since disks these days don't have complete game.
Agree.

Let me know when you find a site where genuine windows is 40$ or under (less than Rs 2500)
Reddy ji has provided with details of a person who sells them for Rs. 2000.

You want to get GTX 1080 in 80k and then want a R5 1600?
No, I was hoping for 1060. Anyways forget it, Its 1600 and Vega now.

R5 1600 is 6C12T proccy and so, is obviously better and costlier than R5 1500x which is 4C8T.
If you can increase budget, get the R5 1600.
Sure thing my dear.

Last 2 queries-
- My friend lost his laptop with Win 10. Is there a way to let MS know about the same so that they can block or reset that version of Windows? He has the key of the same and wants to activate the same on a different machine which will obviously have a different motherboard.

- Any comments about this-
AMD's RX 580 reviewed: AMD takes the fight to the GTX 1060, with mixed results - ExtremeTec

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I read in the Ryzen thread here on Digit that prices of Intel's processors will drop once Ryzen is released. Not much difference in price as per the market. The same thing is being said about Vega. As per the info that I got from the market Intel and other companies don't give a sh*t about AMD.
You can Microsoft India Customer care and tell them that you bought the Retail Key and its not activating now. They will ask for activation ID after which they will tell you the actual key to activate any PC.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which i5 processor are you referring ? Most of them have an IGP. The Xeons and other high-end processors from Intel don't come with IGP. I don't remember the naming convention of such processors. Sorry about that.

Vega has not been released yet. Hype can go anyway. Good or bad. I would recommend you to wait anyway.

The i5 one which comes in laptops.

Yes, Intel i5 Processors have Integrated Graphics whereas Ryzen does not have.

- - - Updated - - -

You can Microsoft India Customer care and tell them that you bought the Retail Key and its not activating now. They will ask for activation ID after which they will tell you the actual key to activate any PC.

Actually dear my friend got a Dell laptop, Win 10 Home edition was preinstalled in it. His lappy got lost so that is why he wanted to make that version unsuable as the the same Dell laptop with ubuntu was priced at Rs. 8000/- less. He cannot recover the 40000/- that he spent on the lappy but he wanted to save those 8000/- Is it possible? Do you have the email address of MS India support?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
you missed out "1" , out of 500 $ ..

because HTC has fascination with the "One" .. They will sell you HTC vive for almost 1500 $ in india.. ONLY :lol:

HTC Vive launched in India at Rs 92,990; will be Amazon exclusive | The Indian Expres

VR fans in India be like:
*i.imgur.com/73SL1o7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Where is the post by [MENTION=308059]gta5[/MENTION] which is quoted above? Can't find it.

BTW thanks to all. Will wait for Vega, hope it's worth the time and price.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The i5 one which comes in laptops.

Actually dear my friend got a Dell laptop, Win 10 Home edition was preinstalled in it. His lappy got lost so that is why he wanted to make that version unsuable as the the same Dell laptop with ubuntu was priced at Rs. 8000/- less. He cannot recover the 40000/- that he spent on the lappy but he wanted to save those 8000/- Is it possible? Do you have the email address of MS India support?

Yes its possible.

Link:Microsoft Store India Online Store - Sales and suppor

*s15.postimg.org/68qh2qbaj/screenshot-www.microsoftstore.com-2017-04-22-06-.pngimage hosting without registrationcertificity.com

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes its possible.

Link:Microsoft Store India Online Store - Sales and suppor

*s15.postimg.org/68qh2qbaj/screenshot-www.microsoftstore.com-2017-04-22-06-.pngimage hosting without registrationcertificity.com

No mail id is in the link dear. Either a customer support number to call or creating a thread on Microsoft forums. Called the number but their office is closed. Any mail id dear?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Well well well, new build up's in the market. Intel is going to launch 12C/24T, 10C/20T, 8C/16T proccy's on May 30th.

Source: Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 3

More reasons to wait and watch before buying a new system!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well well well, new build up's in the market. Intel is going to launch 12C/24T, 10C/20T, 8C/16T proccy's on May 30th.

Source: Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 3

More reasons to wait and watch before buying a new system!
X299 is the enthusiast chipset though.

Need 8C/16T on X270.

Won't happen.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Dear Brothers @SaiyanGoku @bssunilreddy @saikiasunny @Vineet Sharma @gta5 @ico

So, I guess I have to let go of Vega, VR and other stuff. Keeping the current market scenario in mind(including GST ofcourse) please suggest me the specs to build a gaming pc. I would be needing a VFM monitor too. The budget is 70k.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@billubakra I have recently built a PC with following specs

Proc: Ryzen 1600 - 16050
MB: Gigabyte Gaming 3 - 8333
Ram: G.Skill Tridentz GTZB 3200Mhz CL16 2x8GB - 10400
Gfx: AMD RX 570 - 14999
SSD: Samsun g EVO 850 256GB - 7584
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W - 5500
Case: Deepkool Dukase v2 - 5000

Total: 67500/-

If you have more budget, get better gfx card and proc.

The gfx card availability is less right now, so look into Nvidia GTX 1060 at 20k.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@billubakra I have recently built a PC with following specs

Proc: Ryzen 1600 - 16050
MB: Gigabyte Gaming 3 - 8333
Ram: G.Skill Tridentz GTZB 3200Mhz CL16 2x8GB - 10400
Gfx: AMD RX 570 - 14999
SSD: Samsun g EVO 850 256GB - 7584
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W - 5500
Case: Deepkool Dukase v2 - 5000

Total: 67500/-

If you have more budget, get better gfx card and proc.

The gfx card availability is less right now, so look into Nvidia GTX 1060 at 20k.

Thanks for replying. Fee questions-
1. Did you get the parts online?
2. How is AMD Rx 570 as compared to gtx 1060?
I will go for a normal HDD and a normal case. Maybe with 8 gigs of ram as of now. So, I can save some money for the monitor or for the gfx.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will go for a normal HDD and a normal case. Maybe with 8 gigs of ram as of now. So, I can save some money for the monitor or for the gfx.
If you want to spend 15.5K, get RX 570 4 GB.

If you want to spend 21K, get GTX 1060 6 GB.

Don't buy GTX 1060 3 GB.

RX 570 is like ~90% of GTX 1060 6 GB. It makes sense to buy it with a FreeSync monitor if gaming is your priority.

AMD's Radeon RX 580 and Radeon RX 570 graphics cards reviewed

See the vertical (Y-axis) for performance difference.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you want to spend 15.5K, get RX 570 4 GB.

If you want to spend 21K, get GTX 1060 6 GB.

Don't buy GTX 1060 3 GB.

RX 570 is like ~90% of GTX 1060 6 GB. It makes sense to buy it with a FreeSync monitor if gaming is your priority.

AMD's Radeon RX 580 and Radeon RX 570 graphics cards reviewed

See the vertical (Y-axis) for performance difference.

Thanks. What is the price of rx580? And with which Nvidia model is it comparable with?
Please suggest a vfm freesync(what is freesync) monitor?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. What is the price of rx580? And with which Nvidia model is it comparable with?
Please suggest a vfm freesync(what is freesync) monitor?
I'll actually recommend GTX 1060 6 GB over RX 580 8 GB. The latter is faster, and will be more future proof, but GTX 1060 6 GB is very efficient from a power consumption perspective. Although you'll barely save Rs. 500 with GTX 1060 on your electricity bill in ONE YEAR if you game 5 hours DAILY.

Now your monitor screens have a refresh rate. Example, 60 frames per second or 60 Hz. So, 60 frames are displayed on your monitor every second.

While gaming, the frame rate of given out by the graphic card will vary. It could be anything depending upon how heavy the game is, what settings you have chosen and how fast the graphic card is. It will never be "exact 60". But your monitor's refresh rate is 60. So, if FPS by your graphic card is higher than 60, then frames are getting skipped. If FPS is less than 60, some frames are being displayed for a bit more time.

So, you might feel your gameplay is choppy or there might be some frame tearing (search on YouTube). FreeSync is a variable refresh rate technology. It will constantly change your monitor's frame rate in accordance with the frame rate of the game you are playing. So, the gameplay feels a lot smoother.

So, despite GTX 1060 6 GB being faster than RX 570 4 GB, you will feel the gameplay is smoother and better on RX 570 + FreeSync.

This is a VFM FreeSync monitor that people recommend here. Amazon.in: Buy LG 22MP68VQ 22" Full HD IPS SLIM LED MONITOR (1920x1080) Online at Low Prices in India | LG Reviews & Ratings

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

1. I got all parrts from various sources wherever is it is cheaper. Got the processor, SSD, PSU and RAM locally. Got Gfx card, motherboard, Monitor online. Check these sites. India's First IT Online Shopping Store
Vedant Computers - Shop online for computer hardware, laptop, accessories etc. Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores *www.mdcomputers.in/

Computer parts are costlier on amazon/flipkart. Check the above mentioned websites for prices.

2. As @ico said, RX 570 is gives ~90% fps of what GTX 1060 is capable of. AMD RX 580 8GB is comparable to Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. But the AMD cards are pricier at the moment due to non availability.

I'd advice you to get at least 120GB SSD and put the OS and your most used apps on it. SSD makes night and day difference in how your computer responds.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I'll actually recommend GTX 1060 6 GB over RX 580 8 GB. The latter is faster, and will be more future proof, but GTX 1060 6 GB is very efficient from a power consumption perspective. Although you'll barely save Rs. 500 with GTX 1060 on your electricity bill in ONE YEAR if you game 5 hours DAILY.

Now your monitor screens have a refresh rate. Example, 60 frames per second or 60 Hz. So, 60 frames are displayed on your monitor every second.

While gaming, the frame rate of given out by the graphic card will vary. It could be anything depending upon how heavy the game is, what settings you have chosen and how fast the graphic card is. It will never be "exact 60". But your monitor's refresh rate is 60. So, if FPS by your graphic card is higher than 60, then frames are getting skipped. If FPS is less than 60, some frames are being displayed for a bit more time.

So, you might feel your gameplay is choppy or there might be some frame tearing (search on YouTube). FreeSync is a variable refresh rate technology. It will constantly change your monitor's frame rate in accordance with the frame rate of the game you are playing. So, the gameplay feels a lot smoother.

So, despite GTX 1060 6 GB being faster than RX 570 4 GB, you will feel the gameplay is smoother and better on RX 570 + FreeSync.

This is a VFM FreeSync monitor that people recommend here. Amazon.in: Buy LG 22MP68VQ 22" Full HD IPS SLIM LED MONITOR (1920x1080) Online at Low Prices in India | LG Reviews & Ratings

1. I got all parrts from various sources wherever is it is cheaper. Got the processor, SSD, PSU and RAM locally. Got Gfx card, motherboard, Monitor online. Check these sites. India's First IT Online Shopping Store
Vedant Computers - Shop online for computer hardware, laptop, accessories etc. Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores www.mdcomputers.in

Computer parts are costlier on amazon/flipkart. Check the above mentioned websites for prices.

2. As @ico said, RX 570 is gives ~90% fps of what GTX 1060 is capable of. AMD RX 580 8GB is comparable to Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. But the AMD cards are pricier at the moment due to non availability.

I'd advice you to get at least 120GB SSD and put the OS and your most used apps on it. SSD makes night and day difference in how your computer responds.

Thanks a lot. The prices of gfx are very high in the market. The shopkeepers told me to buy the rest of the components now and gfx later as after gst the prices of other parts will increase too. What should I do? Also the shopkeepers said that ryzen is just fine but gfx of AMD are crap.
No budget for ssd. Also I can handle the booting time of a minute I guess. All the shopping websites above, do they have cod facility? And how's the return?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks a lot. The prices of gfx are very high in the market. The shopkeepers told me to buy the rest of the components now and gfx later as after gst the prices of other parts will increase too. What should I do? Also the shopkeepers said that ryzen is just fine but gfx of AMD are crap.
No budget for ssd. Also I can handle the booting time of a minute I guess. All the shopping websites above, do they have cod facility? And how's the return?

For the GPU part, tell that shopkeeper to check his "facts"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom