Gaming Parlor - game licensing and sharing

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Hi,
I am in a process of Setting up a Gaming Parlor and collecting data and sponsorship.

I wanted to know if anyone has any idea on how a gaming parlor share games between multiple console or system or if we have to buy games for each console separately.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Let me tell you what I saw in Zapak long time back. They have multiple Steam accounts, one for each PC and each account has the same games installed. Now I don't know if Valve has any partnership program or different licensing for gaming café's etc., but I think you will have to create one account for each PC and then purchase the same games on each of them.

Also, most games licenses are single user only. That means you can't use family sharing because only one person can play a game at a time. So no multiplayer on the shared game with different people.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I can tell games like CSGO and Dota 2 are quite hot among the masses these days. Dota 2 being free is easy to set-up and CSGO too doesn't cost much to install. Maybe you can let players use their own Steam as well.

Also, check this out: Home - Valve Cyber Café Program

Steam Site Licensing Program - Cyber Café - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

Top Bottom