Gaming News Channel...

Activision pushed the release date of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for PC

With the revelation of a new release schedule from Activision-Blizzard this morning, highlighting the publishers autumn/winter line-up, Electronic Theatre can today confirm that the PC version of the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has suffered a delay. Originally due for a simultaneous release with the rest of 2009’s Call of Duty onslaught, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will now officially be late to the party.

On November 10th 2009, the latest batch of Call of Duty releases will arrive on each of the leading formats. Nintendo’s Wii will receive its’ first Call of Duty release with the Modern Warfare subtitle, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, alongside the Nintendo DS’s exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilised. Of course, November 10th also marks the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year, Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The PC release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, however, will now arrive a fortnight later, on November 24th 2009.
Crap. I am waiting so eagerly to spend my bucks on it and they don't seem to be on a hurry to get it. **** them. :-((

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Better than pushin' it to "fiscal year" & saying "giving developers more time to give a quality game". Darn! Why Ubi?

Krow

Crowman
@ vamsi Just saw the 3.20 mb image. The one on the right looked more realistic to me. Can't recall whether it was forza or GT5! :( What do you say?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Absolutely. No offense to forza. Even forza's visuals are jaw dropping. But if you have played Gran Turismo 4 on ps2.. you will understand the essence of the GT4. It is the only game in PS2 that supports 1080i resolution. And the car models and race tracks are ball dropping.

Krow

Crowman
Absolutely. No offense to forza. Even forza's visuals are jaw dropping. But if you have played Gran Turismo 4 on ps2.. you will understand the essence of the GT4. It is the only game in PS2 that supports 1080i resolution. And the car models and race tracks are ball dropping.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^WTF!? Ye mean jaw-droppin'? :D For me GT5 Prologue's droppin' my ballz :)). There seems to be no AA in Forza 3, why the hell!? Is X360 not capable of it? But, y'all should agree, the cockpit view of SHIFT's way better than Forza 3 & a little better than GT5 Prologue, right? [No fanboyism, but SHIFT looks awesome!]

Krow

Crowman
*www.techspot.com/news/36597-sony-announces-250gb-playstation-3-due-november-3.html

Sony announces 250GB PlayStation 3, due November 3

Following the successful launch of a slimmer PlayStation 3 model back in September, Sony has announced a beefier 250GB variant of the console is due to hit U.S. stores next month priced at $350. Besides upping storage capacity, the new system will be otherwise identical to the existing 120GB version which sells for $50 less.

The move comes as expected after leaks suggesting a larger-capacity PS3 would arrive sometime in October. Contrary to some rumors, however, for now the 250GB console has not been announced as part of any bundle like we've seen elsewhere -- Japan will be getting a Final Fantasy XIII bundle in December, for example, while customers in Europe can now get the new 250GB model packed alongside Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2. Hopefully Sony will announce a similar deal for U.S. customers in time for the holiday season.

Those who recently bought the 120GB version, and PS3 owners in general, might be interested to know that you can also swap out the 2.5-inch SATA drive yourself without voiding the warranty on your PlayStation 3. A quick search online shows that a 320GB hard disk drive can be had for around $56 and a 400GB model for $70, so you'll have to pay a little a premium assuming you even need more storage capacity.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
CryEngine 3 released to other developers

From the original Far Cry to the upcoming Crysis 2, German developer Crytek has built a reputation for technologically impressive games. Now the studio hopes to turn that reputation into real money, as today it launched CryEngine 3 for use by other developers.

As the underlying technology for Crysis 2, the CryEngine 3 technology reflects Crytek's recent expansion into multiplatform development. The engine is designed to support development not only on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PCs, but Crytek claims its scalability will also make it a viable choice for the next generation of platforms.

When it comes to licensed engines, Crytek is chasing Epic Games and the Unreal Engine 3, the oft-licensed technology underneath the hood of a huge swatch of games, from the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum to the much-reviled Hour of Victory. However, Epic's support for Unreal licensees was castigated in an ongoing lawsuit from Too Human developer Silicon Knights. It's little surprise, then, that one of the features Crytek is centering its promotional push for the engine on isn't in the technology at all; it's in customer service.

"Of course, our international team of more than 20 dedicated support staff are available right now to help our licensees make the most of CryEngine 3; at their studio or at one of our support centers around the world," Crytek director of business development Carl Jones said in a statement heralding the launch of the engine.

We have to see, is it CryEngine or Crytek that is behind the victory of Crysis and FarCry

quan chi

mortal kombat
^ Even I am waiting for it eagerly.

Yet Another Comparison between GT5 and Forza 3

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2480/3962248174_6a333aa2e0_o.jpg

size of the image is 3.20MB.

no doubt gt5 looks way better than forza.but yes shift is better than both.

reason:-forza's detail in everything including the car is not that good.looks quite outdated.

gt5 on the other hand looks stunning.but look at the cockpit of gt5 some details were missing which were present in shift.

in shift almost every cockpit detail has been done to look realistic.the tracks,and environment in shift is also well deailed.

all in all gt5 can give quite a tough competition to shift.

that was just a general comparision and entirely my views.
i have no intention to disgrace any game here.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Let's face it.. I Shift is a PC game that can bring GTX 260 to it's knee. While Shift on consoles will be inferior to GT5. When you compare Shift on PC with GT5 on ps3 it will turn into a irrational comparison.

Hell ya.. Cockpit View in shift steel the show.I am in love with that.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^i was not comparing i know its meaningless to compare those.even i dont know how shift looks on ps3

shift is a PC game that can bring GTX 260 to it's knee
as you may know bringing any card to its knee is not a good thing.it can also question the games optimization.:D

btw well i dont think that. shift is also well optimised.you can easily play it with that.
true some ati users are facing problems and grid was far more optimised than this but its not that bad.

anyways

here are some screenshot of shift from ps3.i found at some sites.
*thegameraccess.com/images/need-for-speed-shift.jpg

*media.crispygamer.com/screenshot/Title1006/nfs_shift_nissan_gtr_bmp_jpgcopy-640x.jpg

*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/258/reviews/957700_20090916_790screen010.jpg

i think both are almost similar except few differences.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
it is good enough for an 15inch monitor.1024x768 everything maxed except shadows medium. 2xaa.
fps even with an old p4.12-20 avg15.

atleast it ran better than prostreet.thats why i say its better optmised.

btw my friend with similar card and c2d with same settings plays it at 20-35. 25avg at stock settings.

here is a guy at you tube playing with similar system as of my friend. though his resolution is i think 1280x1024. *www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKwGuXoaBw

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^well havent applied the patch as i have uninstalled the game.:D cos even though it was working well 15fps playable.but i think playing that game with that fps would be killing its fun.
and this game deserves original disk.even playing its pirated version also would be killing its fun.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^that is true. once NFS world tour is done, getting online and racing with other gamers is total fun and makes it even more interesting.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
quan, what the...!

I Think my friend has a 9400gt when i gave shift to him.. It ran like WTF! Even at ultra low setting and resolution with no AA.

Top Bottom