Gamepad for Split Second

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you are on a budget, Id recommend you get the Frontech JIL 1731..
I bought it 3 years ago and its still working like a BAWZ :D
I used it continuously and it worked without breaking a sweat..
The bad thing is, it doesnt have analog triggers :( only digital (although in mostPC games, theres no difference)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Nerevarine: Analog triggers is a must for racing games, it allows one to control the speed. I too had a Frontech gamepad, but when I switched to Xbox 360 Controller, I could easily control the speed of the cars. Thats one of the reason why I didn't suggest Frontech. BTW can you check if one of the analog sticks can be used for throttle?

Try ebay you can get a Logitech F310 for 1.1k from there .

+1, this has analog triggers.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You got me confused .. Is analog triggers really used for controlling acceleration ?? I used the left analog sticks for acceleration and right for reverse.. Both used together for drift.
I use triggers for handbrake and siren
By triggers i mean by the the upper shoulder buttons

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You got me confused .. Is analog triggers really used for controlling acceleration ?? I used the left analog sticks for acceleration and right for reverse.. Both used together for drift.
I use triggers for handbrake and siren
By triggers i mean by the the upper shoulder buttons

AFAIK yes, triggers are used for acceleration, I used one of the sticks for steering and one for free look i.e, looking at sides or back

EDIT.. upper shoulder buttons are called bumpers, usually marked with RB (right bumper) or LB (left bumper) those are not analog, just buttons, triggers are marked at RT (Right Trigger) and LT (Left Trigger) these are analog

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/360_controller.svg/450px-360_controller.svg.png

I used settings like this. other buttons are not configured in the below figure.

*www.openobject.org/bits/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/xbox-controller.png

Last edited:
OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Thanks a lot to my helping friends. The Logitech Pad is really cool n affordable. I'l order it by some days nw. U guys really help me a lot...Thanks again :)

Top Bottom