[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yeah.. thats about it without rooting.. trying out themes and launchers..

but, as i said, with root, the possibilities are endless.

now i think the op is afraid of rooting. unroot is also possible in case of a RMA call ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
What can you do after rooting, as a newbie?

I'm not interested in trying new ROMs, too much hassle with probably some downsides.
I rooted my old samsung, but just to remove apps from int. mem. :p, but with Nexus thats not a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data :|
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2507211

*www.wugfresh.com/nrt/
this one doesnt mention anything reg data deletion, does this method also wipe the data?

ithehappy

Human Spambot

I'm not interested in trying new ROMs, too much hassle with probably some downsides.
The question should be what do you want to do after rooting? Cause the list of doable things are endless.

Why did I root? First to try a custom kernel. That alone will give you a handful of features. Then there are apps like Titanium, which will come handy on occasions. And then the most attractive part, Xposed framework, this bloody thing alone can kill a lot of things, including the modules of course. My favourite is Wanam Xposed. For some fancy looks, ExThemer is there as well. The best part of Xposed is, it's reversible. I hate those irreversible zip packages, you don't know what the hell you're flashing. Who has the time to extract and see what's inside anyway? For people like me, the introduction of Xposed is a huge blessing :)

The day I'll go into the craziness of a ROM flash junkie, I'll prey to God that should be my death time.

anky

Youngling
just came acroos this
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUXVoXXCr0
this is a very easy method for rooting qualcomm phones, without pc, with just an app...is this legit?

ankush28

Bazinga
just came acroos this
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUXVoXXCr0
this is a very easy method for rooting qualcomm phones, without pc, with just an app...is this legit?

No this isn't seems to legit! (Might be malware) WTH any developer will use fcking turbobit to upload files?

Here is xda thread - *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397754
But this isn't updated from long time.

AFAIK Framaroot was more popular but both of them aren't working anymore with latest devices :cry:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I rooted my old samsung, but just to remove apps from int. mem. :p, but with Nexus thats not a problem.

Hmmm... I've rooted my tablet and phone just for fun and for the feeling of having a rooted device. On the advantage side :

1. Uninstalled or disabled most of the junk apps and services.
2. Some excellent apps do need root access for some nice function like power button alternative etc.
3. XposeD - already covered by [MENTION=255169]whatthefrak[/MENTION] though it did not work on tablet.
4. After deleting all / uninstalling all the junk apps battery life really improved so this is a big plus side for me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i-ball 7236 2G ... the superuser app on this one is Kinguser :D instead of supersu [ this also did not work ]. Kinguser is working fine with every other apps requiring super user access though and yes I've also installed busybox. Android version is 4.2.2.

ankush28

Bazinga
i-ball 7236 2G ... the superuser app on this one is Kinguser :D instead of supersu [ this also did not work ]. Kinguser is working fine with every other apps requiring super user access though and yes I've also installed busybox. Android version is 4.2.2.

Still its great that you rooted device which has almost zero support from developers :razz: :cheers:

Android is incomplete technology. A scam to waste time of people. Windows tablets are fully functional atleast & also compatible with windows executables(an awesome time and moneysaver!). What exactly i would gain from replacing ROM on crappy android? Fancy looks? thats it?

I foresee Windows tablets killing Android within next 5 years. The signs are appearing already as Google is getting nervous - Dying the Apple way.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Android is incomplete technology. A scam to waste time of people. Windows tablets are fully functional atleast & also compatible with windows executables(an awesome time and moneysaver!). What exactly i would gain from replacing ROM on crappy android? Fancy looks? thats it?

I foresee Windows tablets killing Android within next 5 years. The signs are appearing already as Google is getting nervous - Dying the Apple way.

just waiting to see fanboy reaction to this.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

:lol:

@Aaruni: That's the only reaction that you will get from those who appreciate the freedom Android provides. (I don't like the word, "fans")

Last edited:
Aaruni mentioned "freedom Android provides". You mean freedom to "Lol"(at urself after buying android crap)? Ok, i feel like that now after buying this. so, i agree.

Anybody want to buy Asus fonepad 7(brand new, 1 week old with Bill) for 10K? Plz inbox me. I need to get rid of this crap seriously.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Why is so much hate for Android I don't understand the logic of hating Android just like Windows,Android is OS and it is more mature than windows anyway.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I have installed all androids in my home with Smart Launcher and Fleksy+Swiftkey!
Except Moto's with Stock Android!

Guys S4 Mini has crap battery life!

Any stable ROMs or battery fixes?

Top Bottom