Error verifying Java installation

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

Yesterday a software needed an updated version of Java so I updated the same. But the crappy Yahoo toolbar was installed with the same. So, I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled the same from Java.com but when I am verifying Java via Firefox I am getting this error-
Starting with Firefox Version 52 (released in March 2017), Firefox has limited support for plug-ins, and therefore will not run Java. Use the Java Control Panel to find the installed Java version. How to find the installed Java version
» Firefox and plug-ins FAQ

Firefox 52 ESR users: If you'd like to run the verify app as a plugin, please click here.
Verify Java Version

We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser.

If you have installed Java and there is an error with the verification, there could be a configuration issue (eg. browser, Java control panel, security settings) or the Java plug-in is blocked by the browser. Try restarting your browser before trying to verify the installation again, and check that the browser allows Java to run.

I tried to verify it via IE but it is not detecting that Java is installed at all. I tried reinstalling it but it is saying that the same is already installed. What should I do?

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
What is your jre 32 or 64 bit?

Try 32 bit and secondly create JRE_HOME System variable to path of jre.just google there are tonns if guides
Idk downloaded the installer from their site. It doesn't say 32 or 64 bit. Let me Google that.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What version of Windows are you using?
Check if it created any system restore before Java install/update. If so try a restore operation.
Do you see any Java entry when you go to programs/features under control panel?
If yes follow these steps *www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml to fully uninstall Java and try a fresh install again and check if you can get it to verify thru IE.
With whatever Java you have, does the intended software run currently? Or does it give any warning/error that Java is not present or so?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Java uninstaller finally deleted the leftover files and the latest version has installed BUT I am yet to test it with the software for which I was updating it in the first place.
Firefox is becoming crappier no ff plugins and most of the extensions are now in the legacy shit bag.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Almost no one runs java in the frontend these days, except perhaps legacy systems in large enterprises. Java is mostly a backend platform these days.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Does it need a browser or it runs standalone?
If it needs browser better to configure it thru IE as other browsers like Chrome/Mozilla etc have very limited Java support.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
For standalone you should not have any problems running desktop Java applications. Verification is only to check whether Java is running on the browser.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The software needed to enable a website in the settings of Java. I tried to open java via control panel but it was not opening. So, I used the Java uninstall tool. Uninstalled it completely and then reinstalled the latest upto date software, after filling the form when I clicked on the submit button, I got this error on Firefox-
*i.imgur.com/EvFR8eL.jpg
Previously after clicking on submit the standalone software would start, but this time that wasn't the case. Okay the error might be because Firefox does not support Java plugins. I tried the same in IE but after I click on submit nothing happens. If I click on submitting the form not via the standalone software it then submits successfully in both the browsers. What should I do? It worked fine until I decided to uninstall java because the latest update installed the crappy toolbar.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you install any windows update between when java was working correctly to when you tried to reinstall?Also sometimes even using latest version may be an issue so use the exact same versions which worked earlier.

Top Bottom