Editing a pdf file

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I have a pdf file. I want to edit it, I am using Foxit pdf editor but I am getting this error- There is no editable text on this page. If you can see text it may be a scanned image or text outlines(drawings). The pdf has some personal details so I can't post it here. I get the same error if I try to edit the invoice sent by Amazon so the format of the two is pretty much the same. What should I do?

Thanks

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Hi,

I have a pdf file. I want to edit it, I am using Foxit pdf editor but I am getting this error- There is no editable text on this page. If you can see text it may be a scanned image or text outlines(drawings). The pdf has some personal details so I can't post it here. I get the same error if I try to edit the invoice sent by Amazon so the format of the two is pretty much the same. What should I do?

Thanks

Ok.
Image is included in PDF.
PDF not created, that's why you can't edit it. "Error says it all".
Try Adobe Acrobat DC. But you will get same error.
You can OCR image for image to text conversion.
Or you can convert PDF to jpg then edit
Or extract image from PDF then edit

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Ok.
Image is included in PDF.
PDF not created, that's why you can't edit it. "Error says it all".
Try Adobe Acrobat DC. But you will get same error.
You can OCR image for image to text conversion.
Or you can convert PDF to jpg then edit
Or extract image from PDF then edit

Which softwares can be used for these things-

"Or you can convert PDF to jpg then edit
Or extract image from PDF then edit"

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Which softwares can be used for these things-

"Or you can convert PDF to jpg then edit
Or extract image from PDF then edit"
PDF to jpg - use online conversion tool
Or open PDF viewer and goto save as, search for saving as image option
Or download from portableapps.com

Extract image - open PDF viewer and select all/or select image, right click > save.

In Adobe Acrobat DC you get all these options.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
PDF to jpg - use online conversion tool
Or open PDF viewer and goto save as, search for saving as image option
Or download from portableapps.com

Extract image - open PDF viewer and select all/or select image, right click > save.

In Adobe Acrobat DC you get all these options.
If I convert the pdf to jpeg then how is it going to help? I mean the editor softwares already say that it is an image hence cannot be edited. Moreover the editor's also tell to convert the pdf to text using some ocr software.

try Phantom PDF Editor might help for what u r looking for
Phantom Editor giving the same reason as Foxit Editor.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
If I convert the pdf to jpeg then how is it going to help? I mean the editor softwares already say that it is an image hence cannot be edited. Moreover the editor's also tell to convert the pdf to text using some ocr software.
there no good OCR softwares available trust me..
I tried many of them.. from online to software for windows.. also tried for OCR apps android device..
I also tried OCR apps on Nokia's Symbian Devices, like business card reader.

Try pdf to jpg online conversion
edit jpg (image) file
then again convert jpg to pdf using online converter.

What exactly you want to edit??
You can send me if you want? PM me.

And download some good paid software from torrent for editing pdf and then ask your doubts..

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
there no good OCR softwares available trust me..
I tried many of them.. from online to software for windows.. also tried for OCR apps android device..
I also tried OCR apps on Nokia's Symbian Devices, like business card reader.

Try pdf to jpg online conversion
edit jpg (image) file
then again convert jpg to pdf using online converter.

What exactly you want to edit??
You can send me if you want? PM me.

And download some good paid software from torrent for editing pdf and then ask your doubts..

Converted pdf to jpeg. Now it is an image file, to insert values in this I can use softwares like photoshop but then there's the font etc. difference.
What I am trying to edit is a personal file of someone. I am sorry cannot share it, hope you don't mind.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Converted pdf to jpeg. Now it is an image file, to insert values in this I can use softwares like photoshop but then there's the font etc. difference.
What I am trying to edit is a personal file of someone. I am sorry cannot share it, hope you don't mind.
u can also add text on images using photoscape and other free image tools such as Gimp.

just get the font family used in the form.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
u can also add text on images using photoscape and other free image tools such as Gimp.

just get the font family used in the form.

Not able to get the same font. The pdf that I have is more less like an Amazon invoice. If you have time then can you please test it on an Amazon invoice?

You can try
Pdf-Xchange Editor which has OCR support too.
Tracker Software Products :: PDF-XChange Editor

Will do.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have edited an amazon invoice to change name & as you said it is quite difficult to do this in an image as pdf file.If exact value is not an issue & all you need is to change the value to something higher/lower than original invoice value then it is easy.You first delete the original invoice value using eraser tool in pdf editor tools.Now open another invoice by again launching pdf editor without closing/saving first editor window & then select the value in 2nd invoice using selection tool.Then copy the selected object using edit--copy option.Now go to first window with original invoice opened & use edit--paste option.This will now place the selected value in a selection box from 2nd invoice to 1st invoice.Then without doing anything else(like clicking anywhere after the paste operation) left click & drag the selection box with new invoice value to the place from where you erased the original invoice value.After that just click on any empty space in the pdf file to make the position of selection box fixed.After that save file.Same thing can be done with name & address but again that requires a 2nd amazon invoice with these details to avoid any font mismatch.

P.S.it is much more hassle to do it with invoice value as that will require multiple changes in values(like GST,vat,etc) so it is better to change name & address as that requires lesser effort plus no one can check(e.g.if one put a value of 5600 for a 14000 rupees item or 10000 for a 3000 rupees item,it will look suspicious as it will just take a simple google search to see average prices).

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What exactly you want?If you just want a file in pdf then simply create the document in word or similar free software & then print that file to pdf format using any free virtual pdf printer.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
sorry ppl its offtopic ... just didnt want to create a new thread on this ... bt can any1 suggest me a free software for creating pdf files ???

PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable, and cloud drives

Office | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Top Bottom