DSLR for newbie, Budget around 30-33000

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Viewfinder AF performance would be more or less the same. 700D has edge over the other models in live view AF and it also has touch screen.
Nikon's sensor is not significantly bigger than Canon. Yes, sure it has better ISO and IQ.
Once you attach a big lens, nothing will be compact even MILC.

What are the third party lenses you're thinking about? See if you can get body only option at good price and decide.

Check with local dealers for pricing. If they too quote higher, negotiate for the following price.
1300D dual for sub 30k
700D dual for ~36/37k
D3400 is new and with new DX 70-300 pricing is somewhat okay I think. With some discount coupons, price doesn't seem expensive.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

I finalized purchased Nikon D3400 with Dual Lens. Got a decent price during Independence Day deals at Flipkart. Used for 4 days now, so far liked it. Worth the money. Above average shots at auto-mode (which is not why you buy a DSLR). But lots of handy options to get a fine shot once you're aware of configurations.

Enjoy~!

Reactions: nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I finalized purchased Nikon D3400 with Dual Lens. Got a decent price during Independence Day deals at Flipkart. Used for 4 days now, so far liked it. Worth the money. Above average shots at auto-mode (which is not why you buy a DSLR). But lots of handy options to get a fine shot once you're aware of configurations.
Congrats and happy shooting :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

Enjoy~!
Congrats Bro...so what is the total cost..and share some pics ;)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks, yet to click something worthy of sharing. But share as soon as I have any.

I got it for 34k in flipkart, last week.

I have few questions over it. I am planning to buy a tripod and external flash.

Anything to look for in a tripod?

Secondly, is it worth spending those extra bucks on external flash? Main motive would be to shoot indoor evening party events (family/guests). A bit more than casual, like I would replace a paid professional photographer. While I cannot reproduce what a paid photographer would have, I want to give my best. Thanks.

Enjoy~!

sujoyp

Grand Master
Get a tripod which have double the carrying capacity you will put on it. if your cam +55-200 is 1 KG then get something which support at least 2.5 KG ..if you want future proof get something which support 5 KG
get a tripod with ballhead. cheap one will not be removable but slight expensive one can be removed.

get any simple external flash...it improves the indoor photographs drastically..see that its head is movable...zoom and auto mode is not useful to me...see if you require that.
get a simple diffuser too along with that.

Top Bottom