Do i need to upgrade.. Help needed!!

avanildutta

Journeyman
Hello all beautiful people..
My deacription:
So i am tech nerd bit old too.. Just stepped 30..
Well i have two gaming pcs at two different locations.. Roughly 450kms apart.. One in both the 2 places where i stay.. Say 15 days one location 15 days the other..
Help sought:
So i want to know is it the right time to upgrade any of my pc components right now..
Pc: 1config:
Amd fx 8350, asus m5a97 pro, corsair16gb ddr3 vengence ram, asus strix gtx 970, seasonics 620w psu, 2tb seagate hdd, 256gb samsung evo ssd, hyper 212x cooler, circle 830 case with 6 case fan, nzxt hue, logitech 510s k/b, logitech g300 mouse, 1kva numeric ups, z623 speakers..

Pc 2 config:
intel i5 4690k, msi z97 gaming 5 mobo, h100 cpu cooler, 16gb vengence ram, msi gtx 970 oc card, whooping seasonic 1050w psu (overkill i know), 2tb wd black, 256gb samsung pro ssd, nzxt h440 case with 4 case fans, generic rgb light, cooler master octane k/b mouse, numeric 1kva ups, good old altec lansing 5.1 speaker..

Both the systems have lg24gm77 144hz monitor.. Hence game on 1080p only.. Whenever i get time..

Addiction:
Well i was and am a die hard fps gamer. But last a year or two whenever i think of playing a new game say bf1, doom, etc.. I peek whose online on steam.. Then when i see folks playing Rocket league (Zoom & Vyom mostly) or Overwatch.. I start with that and finally end with that.. So ya these days couldnt get out of those two games.. But have a long queue of games. Which once in a blue moon i play.. But definately will finish them someday..

Main topic:
So my question is should i upgrade any of my pc hardware.. I dont know if its the right time or need to.. Should i continue or should i sell of the parts and get something new..

Its a long essay.. Hope anyone is patient enough to read the whole and reply.. Still fingers crossed..

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello all beautiful people..
My deacription:
So i am tech nerd bit old too.. Just stepped 30..
Well i have two gaming pcs at two different locations.. Roughly 450kms apart.. One in both the 2 places where i stay.. Say 15 days one location 15 days the other..
Help sought:
So i want to know is it the right time to upgrade any of my pc components right now..
Pc: 1config:
Amd fx 8350, asus m5a97 pro, corsair16gb ddr3 vengence ram, asus strix gtx 970, seasonics 620w psu, 2tb seagate hdd, 256gb samsung evo ssd, hyper 212x cooler, circle 830 case with 6 case fan, nzxt hue, logitech 510s k/b, logitech g300 mouse, 1kva numeric ups, z623 speakers..

Pc 2 config:
intel i5 4690k, msi z97 gaming 5 mobo, h100 cpu cooler, 16gb vengence ram, msi gtx 970 oc card, whooping seasonic 1050w psu (overkill i know), 2tb wd black, 256gb samsung pro ssd, nzxt h440 case with 4 case fans, generic rgb light, cooler master octane k/b mouse, numeric 1kva ups, good old altec lansing 5.1 speaker..

Both the systems have lg24gm77 144hz monitor.. Hence game on 1080p only.. Whenever i get time..

Addiction:
Well i was and am a die hard fps gamer. But last a year or two whenever i think of playing a new game say bf1, doom, etc.. I peep whose online on steam.. Then when i see folks playing Rocket league (Zoom & Vyom mostly) or Overwatch.. I start with that and finally end with that.. So ya these days couldnt get out of those two games.. But have a long queue of games. Which once in a blue moon i play.. But definately will finish them someday..

Main topic:
So my question is should i upgrade any of my pc hardware.. I dont know if its the right time or need to.. Should i continue or should i sell of the parts and get something new..

Its a long essay.. Hope anyone is patient enough to read the whole and reply.. Still fingers crossed..

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk
I am not an expert but it is not the right time for an upgrade. Prices are skyrocketing as of now, thanks to Gabbar Singh Tax.

chetan.g

Journeyman
I think if you could wait for a bit few months both Intel and AMD has ace up on their sleeves ie. both are coming up with high-end processors having 14 to 18 cores, so if you are able to run those games, which you can, I think its better to wait for newly advanced chips in market and then go for upgrade.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think if you could wait for a bit few months both Intel and AMD has ace up on their sleeves ie. both are coming up with high-end processors having 14 to 18 cores, so if you are able to run those games, which you can, I think its better to wait for newly advanced chips in market and then go for upgrade.
CPUs with 4-6 cores and multi-threading work just fine for gaming. There is no point in going for anything higher than that if all you want to do is play games.

chetan.g

Journeyman
CPUs with 4-6 cores and multi-threading work just fine for gaming. There is no point in going for anything higher than that if all you want to do is play games.
Totally agree on your point bro, but I suggested on the point for future proofing :), yes for games 4-6 cores are more than enough

Top Bottom