Dishonored Discussion Thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Looks good

Dishonored is a first-person stealth action video game being developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is scheduled to be released sometime in 2012 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[1] Harvey Smith, known for his past work on the Deus Ex franchise as well as Thief: Deadly Shadows, and Raf Colantonio, who worked on Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, are the lead designers on the game

Plot...
The player controls Corvo, once a legendary guard for the Empress, who seeks vengeance against the Lord Regent who framed him for the assassination of the Empress. Corvo is not only a fine swordsman, master-at-arms, and cunning infiltrator, but also possesses great supernatural powers. The game is presented in open world format as the player can roam The Isles as well as the distant Pandyssian Continent, though the primary setting for the game is the steampunk-esque city of Dunwall.[2] The game is played in first-person, with an emphasis placed on stealth action and the utilization of gadgets as well as the environment to eliminate opposing forces. [3] In the Game Informer cover story, it was mentioned that every enemy in the game (even bosses) can be neutralized non-lethally, if the player so chooses. Lead designers Harvey Smith and Raf Colantonio have described the game world as a "simulation"; if the player encounters thugs harassing an innocent passerby, they can be fought off, but the thugs themselves exist within the game world prior to the event, rather than simply spawning in at a designated time or place. If the player encounters the thugs ahead of time, they can be defeated and the mugging will never take place at all.
Corvo has access to swords, daggers, and guns, including powerful but slow pistols and muskets. Some of his supernatural powers are the ability to freeze time for a certain period, and possess the bodies of small animals.
Also part of the game is an entity referred to as "The Outsider". The ambiguous being is described as part angel and part devil, and it is supposedly responsible for all magic in the world. Its motives and nature are shrouded in mystery, but the protagonist, Corvo, made some form of contact with the being, giving him mysterious powers. According to lead designers Raf Colantonio and Harvey Smith, the Outsider walks among the mortals of Dishonored's world.

Its more looks like an Ancient guy meets the future world :lol:

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Bioshock was indoors..and personally I felt the trailer was quite good..we have seen similar games in the past..but I hope it's something new and better

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Whatever Bethesda touches becomes gold. I don't think this one would be too bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

sukesh1090

Adam young
timeshift + assassins creed + a mix of few other games.

yes i felt the same.when i was seeing the trailer i felt it was like assasins creed.

^^You mean Hans Zimmer Type!!!

didn't know who is.so googled it.i don't remember music of his other movies like PoC series,inception,gladiator but only thing i can say is it felt me like a Sherlock Holmes(because i saw it recently and its music both in 1 and 2 are marvelous) one and looks like he was the man behind it.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
yes i felt the same.when i was seeing the trailer i felt it was like assasins creed.

didn't know who is.so googled it.i don't remember music of his other movies like PoC series,inception,gladiator but only thing i can say is it felt me like a Sherlock Holmes(because i saw it recently and its music both in 1 and 2 are marvelous) one and looks like he was the man behind it.

He composed the soundtrack for the Batman Trilogy(Christopher Nolan)..and many many more awesome movies..

Top Bottom