[Discussion]An Interesting Trend in the High End Mobile Market!!

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
People do trust Micromax but this is the case when their budget is quite low and that's the only reason that mmx kept the price of Canvas HS so low...If the price would have been a bit higher then I can bet they won't be able to find much customers for the phone....
When it comes to get costly, no one would trust mmx anf they would go for samsung, HTC, nokia or so.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Only those who are on a tight budget and don't really care about the brand name buy Micromax products. Someone like me would pick a Samsung/HTC/Apple any day over Micromax.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
There are 10x more budget conscious people than quality conscious people. Majority of population want more bang for buck. If you ask people, almost 8 out of 10 people will buy MMX than Samsung. That's why MMX will sell more phones than Samsung in upcoming years. Just like Bajaj sells Pulsar vs Hero sells Xtreme (bike). NO phone offers MMX like features at 14K, I can't imagine why a 14K mobile is pitted against 20K mobile when they both are priced differently.

In case of mine, I'd rather get Samsung than MMX at present.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Not in India, and trust me dude, guys like us are but a few, micromax has already overtaken samsung as the company that shipped the highest no. of units, a dangerous trend, if Samsung etc get a kickback in India they may leave it(i.e not bring the highest end phones here as often), then we are royally screwed.

I agree with you guys, the cheap phone maker sign has somewhat made high end users(15k+) avoid mmx, but for how long? Already canvas HD is getting plenty of press allover :|
Right you are. The major difference I've seen is foreign people don't like to comprise with quality, but Indians do!
Like that Biriyani case, a people who can afford Rs.40 one, he can afford Rs.120 one too, but there comes sub par mentality, let's save 80 rupees. Then spend that or double in medicines, or maybe doctor, yet they'll continue to do that.
Pathetic!

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well if you can't spend more than 10-12k.either buy Indian Brands or Import Pantech Burst...
if you have a budget of >12k get reputed brands

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
*cough* you sure?
The way Micromax is selling the canvas, I can bet on it, also unlike micromax this comes with a impressive brand name, MTV, roadies..... :rolleyes:

Lets see now:
huge 6-inch (854x480 pixels) capacitive 5-point multi-touch display.

the device runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. The device comes with an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera too.

Only issue I see:
1GHz dual-core MTK 6577 processor with 512MB DDR3 RAM. There's 4GB of internal storage that can be expandable by another 32GB via microSD card. The device also has an inbuilt TV-player that offers on-the-go access to MTV and also features FM Radio with FM Transmitter.

The MTV Volt supports dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) functionality and comes with a 3,200mAh battery claiming anywhere between 8 to 10 hours of talk time. The device boasts connectivity options like WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 EDGE and GPS and also comes with an additional navigator flap cover.

MTV had launched two devices under a similar partnership with Micromax three years ago namely the Micromax MTV X505 Psych and the Micromax MTV X360. It sold 2.3 lakh units of the two phones.

As I had said, the MTV Brand name is huge in India, people will buy this phone, even people who can afford a say L9 or Grand but will try to save 8k.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
854x480 on 6" :fail:
512 MB RAM on Android JB - :|
People who have 12k to spend on a phone don't usually care much about the specs :|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I'd also like to discuss here, how's the Internal Memory Speeds of micromax phones? I remember installing apps on my funbook took near forever, buts its blisteringly fast on my L9, I installed meriam websters the other day, now the app does some unpacking during first tun, while it took a really long time for my funbook it was over within a minute on my L9(or faster, I just left it after remembering funbook's time and when I looked at it a minute later it was done), same with installing slightly big games, its really fast.

Empirial

Youngling
Potential buyers of Canvas HD should wait for other budget brands like Spice to rollout quad core models. Honestly, I trust Spice phones more then any other budget brands. My dad bought one Spice phone 2 years ago & it is still running strong. Also, on a recent visit to a mall I saw a phone i.e. Spice Stellar Pinnacle Mi 530 kept next to Canvas 2. Specwise it is nothing compared to Canvas HD but the device felt so solid & well built then Canvas 2.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Well experiences are different for me. Spice mobile sucked and finally my room mate is frustrated and bought low end nokia mobile. I used that mobile and i don't tell the same thing what you said. MMX is better compare to Spice, not in build quality but other aspects. End of the day, phone has to work.

Empirial

Youngling
^^ Well experiences are different for me. Spice mobile sucked and finally my room mate is frustrated and bought low end nokia mobile. I used that mobile and i don't tell the same thing what you said. MMX is better compare to Spice, not in build quality but other aspects. End of the day, phone has to work.
And one of my friends MMX died in a month lol. I must say products from Indian brands are very unpredictable. Not only mobiles but cars & bikes too (M&M, Tata, Bajaj, Tvs). I remember last year when we booked a Tata Aria all our friends & relatives started chanting "Don't buy Tata...that car will self destruct in 1 month etc etc" lolzzz.

5fusion

Journeyman
atleast coz of these cheap phones and tight competition, known companies have to go through the pricing all the way and we may have some better specs/performance for the same or reduced price :wink:
have anyone any experience with Meizu phones?
even i am keen to know about this particular one and heard quite much about it. guess its got good build quality one called Mx 4 core.and there one new Oppo Find5:? ..looks pretty stylish.

Top Bottom