Diablo III Discussion

Killing Machine
Sorry about the off-topic but I feel so happy to share this. Yes, a patch for Diablo 2 in 5 years!!

Official post

It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II.

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

Shows the power of Diablo fan base and a pleasant surprise move by Blizzard to keep a 16-year old game going forward! I lost my childhood, college-hood to this prime evil. I wish I could say I lost my virginity to D2. :grin_NF:
Was always having a little worry on the side about them pulling the plug on this as I have about 5 accounts worth of deadly characters + items and treasured memories along-with, but this gives hope!
Thank you Blizzard! :heart_NF:

--Nephalem

Killing Machine
^ yeah I remember. Duriel was a tough a-hole for me when I played with sorcy. Died so many times and finally killed using Blaze.
Dont worry, you did.. Duriel from Act II and The Smith from Act IV, **** everyone
Haha..right. Smith comes in Act 1. I guess you meant Hephasto?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^ yeah I remember. Duriel was a tough a-hole for me when I played with sorcy. Died so many times and finally killed using Blaze.

Haha..right. Smith comes in Act 1. I guess you meant Hephasto?

No i meant the smith from the hellforge where you destroy mephisto's soul stone, people say he's tougher than diablo himself..

Anyway Diablo II was an unforgettable experience, I tried Path of Exile and Diablo III but its just not the same game, no matter what people say

anaklusmos

Youngling
No i meant the smith from the hellforge where you destroy mephisto's soul stone, people say he's tougher than diablo himself..

Anyway Diablo II was an unforgettable experience, I tried Path of Exile and Diablo III but its just not the same game, no matter what people say
I tried diablo 3 on both pc and ps4, but I can't really get into the game for any length amount of time. I do have a few max level characters, boosted through high level torments by my friend, but I do not get the game.
Don't get me wrong, I am a loot whore, and live and die by loot based games like world of Warcraft.
Also, the story seems flat and boring as hell. Just my opinion though.
So my question is, how exactly is diablo 2 better than its successor?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I tried diablo 3 on both pc and ps4, but I can't really get into the game for any length amount of time. I do have a few max level characters, boosted through high level torments by my friend, but I do not get the game.
Don't get me wrong, I am a loot whore, and live and die by loot based games like world of Warcraft.
Also, the story seems flat and boring as hell. Just my opinion though.
So my question is, how exactly is diablo 2 better than its successor?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Its just a wierd mix of dark fantasy world style, the minimalistic dialogue from NPCs and nostalgia.. lol thats the best way i can describe it

Alok

Adventurer
To be honest none of clones including diablo 3 were able to satisfy me to the level that diablo 2 and 1 did. I always missed the horror element in those two game that is entirely lacking in modern games. Maybe movement of series from demonic possession theme to heavenly fantasy was responsible for this.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
To be honest none of clones including diablo 3 were able to satisfy me to the level that diablo 2 and 1 did. I always missed the horror element in those two game that is entirely lacking in modern games. Maybe movement of series from demonic possession theme to heavenly fantasy was responsible for this.

well most of us enjoyed diablo 2 as a kid , and as we mature we lose a bit of that sense of wonder we had , but yeah diablo 3 seems to be a bit toned down compared to d2 from what i have read (im yet to play it, will play at some point of time in the future :p)

and also NO necromancer = no fun
most of my playthroughs in d2 was as a necromancer :p

you might wanna check out Grim dawn btw , it has got that dark atmosphere and stuff , i liked it during my intial small playthrough havent had the time to play it completely

Alok

Adventurer
well most of us enjoyed diablo 2 as a kid , and as we mature we lose a bit of that sense of wonder we had , but yeah diablo 3 seems to be a bit toned down compared to d2 from what i have read (im yet to play it, will play at some point of time in the future :p)

and also NO necromancer = no fun

That is a thing, yes. But new art style and some other gameplay factors are hugely responsible. Take example of a modern game, divinity original sin, this game has some of that eerie feel to it in many locations.

Yeah necro was good, though my favorites are Amazon and Druid .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Divinity Original Sin had the exact same feeling as Divine Divinity, the first game.. Id recommend checking it out, its like a mix of Diablo and Elder Scrolls

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'll check it. Is it turn based?

no its hack and slash ARPG like Diablo but has the mystery and exploration of elder scrolls.. its graphics is kinda dated but the soundtrack and the story is nice

Check out Path of Exile if you want a game similar to Diablo series.

I played Path of Exile thoroughly but what I disliked is the crap currency system and the limited variety of monsters you fight.. The story is also very uninteresting, but apart from that.. its the closest diablo 2 clone, more so than Diablo III

Top Bottom