Diablo III Discussion

Alok

Adventurer
for this game i'm not looking at graphics but gameplay and story only. Hope this won't disappoint me:-|

have you played earlier games??? how are they???

Diablo I was released in 1996. Diablo II was released in 2000 and the expansion in 2001. Both were based on sprite-rendering engines. Even though the graphics weren't cutting edge for that time, they were the best games of their genre. None came close.

The driving force behind the Diablo series has always been the storyline. The gameplay was just an extension and somehow the ARPG element just felt perfect for it. Hopefully D3 will continue the same way.

You could try playing if you can get your hands on them. :cool:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey I will be playing solo for the first time, so that I can enjoy the storyline! Then we can play co-op!!
I don't think i will be starting on May 15th though, starting mostly in June. And I indent to get the box from flipkart, not digital download. sounds more cool.
You could try playing if you can get your hands on them. :cool:

@akshay you talking to me?? If yes, then sure we can play co-op when I get the game. I think the TDF members who are interested in D3 should from a clan/group. That way it'll be official.

Killing Machine
hi guys, i have a few queries. could someone clarify please. Not sure if this is already discussed.

1. D3 is region free as such which is good news. Gold-AH is also not locked for any user. But RMAH is locked based on the "address" of the player. How does this work out exactly? I could see several possibilities floating on the internet.
Is it based on (a) the player's IP address location or (b) location mentioned while creating your battle.net account (ideally SEA ANZ for Indians) or (c) location when activating the game in the account? or (d) based on the "version" of the game bought - US, EU or SEA?

2. Option (d) raises another doubt. Flipkart has clearly updated their D3 listing as US import which means there is a good chance that the version could be a US based one. (No change in gameplay or server selection restrictions though) I have already created my battle.net account while playing the open beta and I have listed myself as from India (SEA).
Will i be able to add the D3 licence bought from flipkart in my account?
If yes, then what will be my locked RMAH region? :)

@Gaurav +1 to the D3 clan. Count me in when you guys do it.

Players will have access to real-money auction houses in their “home” game region only, as determined by the country of residence registered to the player’s Battle.net account.
India falls under the Americas region and will have access to RMAH. We'll be able to purchase stuff using Battle.net Balance, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Check the link below for a better understanding. :)

BNet - RMAH Regional Access

Also check this.

BTW, there will be no RMAH for one week post launch.

And about the D3 clan, I dunno when I'll be able to buy the game. It looks like people here will get it ahead of me. So, count me in when you guys do it. :mrgreen:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey where do you stay in bangalore ?
and don't worry the flipkart purchase will work!! Its a global game, does not matter where you purchase the keys.

Indian defaults to Americas, you can change to Europe before playing. But then your stuff will be locked on those servers then.
the RMAH works only in your default region... rest all works in all regions.
hi guys, i have a few queries. could someone clarify please. Not sure if this is already discussed.

1. D3 is region free as such which is good news. Gold-AH is also not locked for any user. But RMAH is locked based on the "address" of the player. How does this work out exactly? I could see several possibilities floating on the internet.
Is it based on (a) the player's IP address location or (b) location mentioned while creating your battle.net account (ideally SEA ANZ for Indians) or (c) location when activating the game in the account? or (d) based on the "version" of the game bought - US, EU or SEA?

2. Option (d) raises another doubt. Flipkart has clearly updated their D3 listing as US import which means there is a good chance that the version could be a US based one. (No change in gameplay or server selection restrictions though) I have already created my battle.net account while playing the open beta and I have listed myself as from India (SEA).
Will i be able to add the D3 licence bought from flipkart in my account?
If yes, then what will be my locked RMAH region? :)

@Gaurav +1 to the D3 clan. Count me in when you guys do it.

Last edited:

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
By purchasing from Blizzard store, do you mean the digital version? Or does blizzard store ship the physical item to India? I am not sure if the latter part is feasible.
Digital download.

@akshay you talking to me?? If yes, then sure we can play co-op when I get the game. I think the TDF members who are interested in D3 should from a clan/group. That way it'll be official.

I'm in as well.

have you played earlier games??? how are they???
I haven't played Diablo, but was addicted to Diablo II. I used to come home during PU lunch break so that I can play D2 :-D

I completed Diablo 2 again, this time with co-op.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Will be playing from release date :p

Already downloaded, waiting for install. Will call in sick day it's released :D

Though I'll be able to play not more than couple hours a day..

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
G-R-E-E-D-Y
Blizzard enacting 15 percent transaction fee for all commodities sold in real-money auction house, another 15 percent to transfer funds; RPG playable across continents.
but, most people here will *download* it from thier favourite torrent site
this game is officially on my do not buy list(pay 3k for a game and pay for getting items from in-game store? Pathetic and Ridicolous)
i'm anti-piracy so i wont *get* this game also

Last edited:
Top Bottom