DataWind Ubislate 7 is now Ubislate 7+

bitras11

Right off the assembly line
^^ We all got that. But you don't have to scream.
Also, THIS is not the datawind site. So, it's useless "shouting" here!

I don't think it is wrong to express any deviation of the datawind site at this forum. I tried to express my problem at itself of that site's 'Contact us'. But it is not useful. how can I coonvey the grievance to the company. Hence, i am shouting here to hear DATAWIND.com.
More over I dont know an ID will be sent to me instantly when I booked ubislate 7+. All these days, I thought I have to wait for the ID number to be sent by E-mail. I tried to approach the site 'contact us' but it answers to company owneres, but not individuals. I tired for it. But, Yesterday, I knew the ID is instantly generated and sent to the individual, by e-mail and seen on the site. what would go on all these days. "Is it shouting."

bitras11

Right off the assembly line
@bitras11

please donot type in all capital letters and bold. You seem to be ranting like a rep of another competitor company.

jokes apart it is not of much use posting that this whole thing is a bluff. Government of India have themselves announced this so I highly doubt it. Send an email to Data Wind with all you complaints and queries.

Apologize for the bold letters, I am changing the font. But, I don't think it is wrong to express any deviation of the datawind site at this forum, not Ubislate 7+. I tried to express my problem at itself of that site's 'Contact us'. But it is not useful. how can I coonvey the grievance to the company. Hence, i am here to tell DATAWIND.com.
More over I dont know an ID will be sent to me instantly when I booked ubislate 7+. All these days, I thought I have to wait for the ID number to be sent by E-mail. I tried to approach the site 'contact us' but it answers to company owners only, but not individuals. I tried and tired for it. But, Yesterday, I knew the ID is instantly generated and sent to the individual (me), by e-mail and seen on the site. what would go on all these days.
Thanks for suggestion

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't think it is wrong to express any deviation of the datawind site at this forum. I tried to express my problem at itself of that site's 'Contact us'. But it is not useful. how can I coonvey the grievance to the company. Hence, i am shouting here to hear DATAWIND.com.
More over I dont know an ID will be sent to me instantly when I booked ubislate 7+. All these days, I thought I have to wait for the ID number to be sent by E-mail. I tried to approach the site 'contact us' but it answers to company owneres, but not individuals. I tired for it. But, Yesterday, I knew the ID is instantly generated and sent to the individual, by e-mail and seen on the site. what would go on all these days. "Is it shouting."

:-|

AcceleratorX

Youngling
AFAIK virtually all of the product's actual design (touch panel, PCB, electrical components) was done by DataWind and not IIT.

What "IITians" did was to decide what would be the dimensions and specifications of the product, i.e. they had no part in the actual design or manufacturing.

Be very careful, at this initial stage I think DataWind neither has the staff nor the resources to support the demand and related queries. Things should improve after a few months, but with India it's always been "sales first, service later" :D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just rang datawind on their Toll free number.

A chick attended the call, and said the folks who has pre-ordered in the month of October.. will be getting their products in February. And November/December orders will be served on March. Nothing before to that.

She also said.. all the orders for Ubislate 7/aakash will be auto upgraded to Ubislate 7+ which will cost 2999.

I've placed an order in October. But but back then, I haven't received any order ID. Just a confirmation that my order has been registered.

Also, she said... it isn't likely for the tablet to show up in retail stores. At least not in near future.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Vamsi

Thats way too late. Ordered my in Early December, so will not be getting anything before March? :mad:
Sigh..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
All I know is what that chick said. She said.. December orders will be served on March.

It is indeed a long time. Only possible explanation is that they are hand crafting each and every tablet.

In any case, call them up.. take all your rants to them :D

Gauravs90

geek........
Aakash Tablet Sales Soar; 14 Lakh Units Booked in Two Weeks < Tablets/Slate PCs, Budget Tablets, Tablets < PC World India News < PC World.in

AcceleratorX

Youngling
All I know is what that chick said. She said.. December orders will be served on March.

It is indeed a long time. Only possible explanation is that they are hand crafting each and every tablet.

In any case, call them up.. take all your rants to them :D

It's not "hand crafting" per se, they need to procure units from China and then they assemble it here in India. It seems they grossly miscalculated the demand, but it is hard to believe that any businessman wouldn't have expected high demand from a cheap tablet in a highly populated nation.

It's therefore more likely that the head honchos for the Indian operation were completely aware of the demand and set up facilities with the hope of expanding capacity on the fly, which is a very risky and should I say, bad way to do business.

When the demand soared, they continued taking orders (money first, service later) and are hoping to fulfil the production demand.

However, it is a hell of a challenge to ramp up production to match with exponentially growing demand (Note that production processes almost always scale linearly, not exponentially). Not delivering products on time damages your credibility as a company and as a businessman as well.

Based on this alone, DataWind already loses some respect. Another thing: Not giving the product that was ordered. It doesn't matter if it was upgraded or not in terms of specifications, there are certain scenarios where you want the exact product, no compromises (no matter how ludicrous the reason may seem to you). This is strike two for credibility. What DataWind should instead do is make the price difference worthwhile by giving a value added accessory instead.

I just hope users actually GET the product they ordered!

Top Bottom