Cyber Crime Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsweetprince

Right off the assembly line
Hello there all the intelligent geeks and techies, im planning to take up a course in cyber crime investigation from, asian ischool of cyber laws, pune.

can anyone tell me is it worth joining and wat are the future prospects

eagle_y2j

Youngling
I think its great coz ndian Cops need some cyber crime investigation experts . i don't think tat ny indian police Pandu can catch a ny cyber Don!

tuxfan

Technomancer
Cyber Crime Investigation has a very bright future prospects as the number of cyber crimes and tech-savvy criminals is increasing.

Although, I have no clue about the school that you mentioned. So no comments on that.

OP
C

coolsweetprince

Hi tuxfan and eagle_y2j,

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. you surely boosted my confidence. I came across the ad for this course in the times of india newspaper, bangalore edition. As far as i know, hardly few people have selected this course. for your information guys, im giving the web link of Asian School of Cyber laws:

www.asianlaws.org

Cya guys soon. God bless u both and keep smilng.

Sandy

tuxfan

Technomancer
Some of the courses seem too tempting :)) But unfortunately, I can't spare any time at present :( I hope to do some of these some day ;)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@coolsweetprince - Dont do that course. Its a waste of money man. My friend wasted 6k in that course and he doesnt even "know" what telnet is. I wanted to test his knowledge and so I asked him, ok tell me what is telnet ? He was like I dunno y shud I know. Then I came to know that this course is not upto all the hype that they made. So bottomline dont do it.

Sykora

I see right through you.
@coolsweetprince,
Don't get dissuaded. Although it pains me to say it, you're going for that course in order to get certified that you know the course -- whether you do or not. You have to study by yourself, do as much work as you can by yourself, get the certification, and get a job. The field has bright prospects.

You should of course find out if similar courses are offered elsewhere, and do all that research. What I'm saying is that it's a good field.

But don't take my word for it :)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
hey Guys, what u r telling him yaar? Definately this is good cource.

Firstly, Asian School of Cyber Law is a good institution. I've seen their cource notes. They are pretty good for any newbie.

Secondly, as Sykora says, There is a Institution from PUNE itself. It is IQSPL. They also teach Diploma in "Cyber Crime Investigation". I've done this course. It wa nice experience for me. ( I'm in Second Year of B.Sc.(Computer Science)). I got too many things from course. Atleast a new view to look @ Internet Security.

So plz don't leave this issue. U should do the course either from Asian School of Cyber Laws OR from IQSPL.

Here is website of IQSPL - *iqspl.org/

iinfi

mekalodu
are these done only in linux environment?? or r they done in windows also?
wats the cost of these courses??

OP
C

coolsweetprince

Wow, Thanks a lot for your suggestions, feedback guys. Its been a mixed opinion about this course. Well, after workng for 1 and half years in a BPO ,i found out tat im going no where. Besides having M.Sc in IT degree, i thought of getting into IT sector.

Guys, you all know in a city like bangalore where there is tough neck competition, and lots of institutes mushrooming by promising us the sky. Its hard to decide which course is genuine. Anyway, as an alternative im planning of joining a course in "Technical writing".

My heartfelt thanks to tuxfan, eagle_y2j, djmykey, sykora, and sirish _nagar for your response and feedback.

tuxfan

Technomancer
You are welcome coolsweetprince :)

This is in response to those who are against this course.

I feel, at the end of this course, he will have gained in knowledge. This course seems more towards legal aspect of it then the technical aspect. Government Law College of Mumbai is involved in this. So weightage seems to be more on Information Technology Act of India.

And no course will teach you everything. You have to put in effort from your side to make the best of it. With this course, someone can at least expect to have a start.

Then there is CISA (*www.isaca.org). Thats is quite costly for every examination attempt. But the certification should be really helpful.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
My AGM wants me to get CISA certified .. :| .. Although its a nice course but more stress is given on IS Audit and not on Information Security (my fav subject) .. The pass rate of this exam is pretty low, so you have to prepare a lot too as you wont like to part with so much money for nothing ... ( For me SBI will be paying .. :D ) ..
Anyways .. I'll be preparing for CISA after December .. Will keep you updated ..

OP
C

coolsweetprince

Hey guys, you all have given your valuable feedback and suggestions. I will surely come out with a best possible solution.

Guys, please check the below mentioned web link to download all the required goodies for your mobile phone. This is a gift to all the members who have replied in this thread and you can also share it with ur friends.

Click on the web link, register for free and voila! a treasure chest of goodies for your mobile phone:

*mobineedz.in/forums

Enjoy guys

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
guys can someone pls breakdown teh CISA and CISM exams and answer questions like-
1. Costs
2. Study centers in india(is it an indian cert or based from some other country)
3. Knowlidge gains
4. Future prospects.. esp for guys with no professional experience.. i.e colg grads
----what kinda company can a person apply too after these certs
----what other skills should the person have to become ideally employable in addition to these certs
----advantages of this cert for programmers/developers
----abroad oppertunities?
5. Durations
6. Major course topics
7. who r they for
8. Distance learning?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom