CyanogenMod on Xiaomi Mi 3

123hero

In the zone
Hi all
I have been using the Xiaomi Mi 3 from the past 1 month and till date have not experienced any lag or problems whatsoever.
However i would find the MiUi childish and i long for the stock android.
I am planning to migrate to CM 11.
please advise how to do so. Since CM does not have an ROM for Xiaomi, will it run properly on the device.
and if i brick my phone in the process...what should i do to make it run again.

Regards,
123hero

saifi2649

Broken In
Make full backup of your current rom through twrp recovery so in future you can revert it back if something goes wrong. Not sure if cm is available for mi3 but this is how I did for my redmi and i am running unofficial cm11 on my redmi for last 5 days

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi all
I have been using the Xiaomi Mi 3 from the past 1 month and till date have not experienced any lag or problems whatsoever.
However i would find the MiUi childish and i long for the stock android.
I am planning to migrate to CM 11.
please advise how to do so. Since CM does not have an ROM for Xiaomi, will it run properly on the device.
and if i brick my phone in the process...what should i do to make it run again.

Regards,
123hero
Never flash rom which your device doesn't support. You may end up bricking it and in worst cases, hard bricking it.

Fortunately, you have official cyanogenmod.
{cancro}[DEVELOPMENT][31/8] - CyanogenMod 11… | Xiaomi Mi 3 | XDA Forums

You can check other roms here.
Xiaomi Mi 3 - XDA Forums

You can easily flash by downloading Rom manager app. But make sure you backup your stock rom.

Enjoy.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
The unofficial cyanogen is still beta, but there is an aosp rom which was an official release and fairly bug free, head over to mi3 section in XDA where you can get all the info
But be aware that you'll be missing out on certain stuff which is available only through miui
Find all about it on XDA
Btw you could have asked this in the official discussion thread instead of starting a new thread

Top Bottom