Customs duty on Laptops\notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Actually u ppl r confusing me more

It is anyway clear that the lappy will cost more than 25K . It will almost cross even
40K. And will they allow us to carry lappy in our handbag as there is a rule that no one is allowed to carry a battery or such things in aircrafts( even batteries in toys has to be removed)

What if I carry the laptop back to U.A.E when I return. Wlll I have to pay again

Help me guys it is really important

Dude, its exempt. Whatever be the price etc. If anyone asks you to declare it, just tell them its "personal". One lappy per person is exempt.

ADDITIONALLY, you may get guds upto 25k

TIP: while coming from UAE, try getting some gold biscuits.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
In that case it would be coz the laptop is being couriered. For laptop to be declared for your personal use, you have to be present with the machine in person!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Some customs officers also make it a point to seal it in your passport also if you plan on going back. in this case you would have to take the laptop with you when you go back.

OP
techx

techx

Right off the assembly line
Some customs officers also make it a point to seal it in your passport also if you plan on going back. in this case you would have to take the laptop with you when you go back.

It is sure that I will have to return back to U.A.E after the vacation. So will I have to face the problem again when I carry my lappy back here.

And r u ppl sure that laptops with battery inside will be allowed to be carried inside a plane. once when my uncle and family was undergoing the security clearance they were told to remove the battery from a toy carried by there baby before entering into aircraft. That too 2AA. lappy batteries much much powerful .This is my first experience with these type of stuff. When I came here I did not even carry a cellphone with me.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
It is sure that I will have to return back to U.A.E after the vacation. So will I have to face the problem again when I carry my lappy back here.

And r u ppl sure that laptops with battery inside will be allowed to be carried inside a plane. once when my uncle and family was undergoing the security clearance they were told to remove the battery from a toy carried by there baby before entering into aircraft. That too 2AA. lappy batteries much much powerful .This is my first experience with these type of stuff. When I came here I did not even carry a cellphone with me.
And how else do you think people work on their laptops or listen to their ipods during their flight? All those "external" batteries need to be removed.. not these... you are allowed "with" the battery!

OP
techx

techx

Right off the assembly line
And how else do you think people work on their laptops or listen to their ipods during their flight? All those "external" batteries need to be removed.. not these... you are allowed "with" the battery!

Thank u man....
I was confused but it is OK now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom