OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ After watching the trailer vids and some part of leaked footage, i have absolutely no doubt on the gameplay part. Crysis 2 will be awesome in gameplay.

cyborg47

Technomancer
No wonder what makes people like cod so much..game of the year?..thats stupid.
Just because call of duty sells well doesnt mean the game is good. Modern Warfare was a good game, I admit that. But the rest of the titles released after that are nothing but super-milked cod4's. Activision even fked up the multiplayer with all those noob friendly perks, killstreaks, weapon attachments.
Dramatic story telling and engaging campaign a.k.a a mindless story, and a campaign that is so bloody linear, that I see no point in playing a game like that.
The next cod will probably the last best cod around..coz its gonna suffer a same fate that guitar hero did ;)

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Heck even duck hunt was way more innovative than the call of dutys these days...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just because call of duty sells well doesnt mean the game is good. Modern Warfare was a good game, I admit that. But the rest of the titles released after that are nothing but super-milked cod4's. Activision even fked up the multiplayer with all those noob friendly perks, killstreaks, weapon attachments.
Dramatic story telling and engaging campaign a.k.a a mindless story, and a campaign that is so bloody linear, that I see no point in playing a game like that.
The next cod will probably the last best cod around..coz its gonna suffer a same fate that guitar hero did ;)

Heck even duck hunt was way more innovative than the call of dutys these days...

Pora raii...... ;)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I kind of don't agree. Every game doesn't have to be sandbox in nature to succeed. As i said its in a different class and got a very engaging story . The reviews speak the same.

I don't see anything wrong in cod mw2 and black ops. Both are very well made and deserve the sales figures they have achieved.

Crysis is totally different and should not be compared to those titles. Its approach is totally different and the gameplay suits the sandbox styled levels.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Pora raii...... ;)

lol..endhi ra poyedhi neeee..

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I kind of don't agree. Every game doesn't have to be sandbox in nature to succeed. As i said its in a different class and got a very engaging story . The reviews speak the same.

I don't see anything wrong in cod mw2 and black ops. Both are very well made and deserve the sales figures they have achieved.

Crysis is totally different and should not be compared to those titles. Its approach is totally different and the gameplay suits the sandbox styled levels.

Exactly, not every game has to be a sandbox, there are hell lot of games that are linear yet challenging(half life is a good example). 3400/- rs for a six hour campaign, where you keep shooting enemies who dont even offer any kinda challenge (those guys just keep coming like zombies..WTF?!), and a broken multiplayer :p

lol at the "very engaging story"..cmon man, get out of that box!...

Yes the reviews are always 8.5s and 9s. Because if they talk bad about any game, or give it a bad rating, fans will get pissed off(happened with KZ3 and GT5) and chances are that they might stop caring about those reviews.

And no, I havent compared cod to crysis at all...it was only an opinion, when ppl started saying cod was game of the year worth...BS!

All this is a personal opinion of mine, you like it, go buy it...have fun :)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I already have them and finished playing every cod game out there. I never disliked them one bit. But yes, the campaign was too short and lack of dedicated servers for cod mw2 for pc was some shortcomings. But everything was quite well made.

I never said cod worth game of the year. Imo, that title belongs either to crysis 2, uncharted 3 or any special aaa game to be released this year. Batman arkham city is another.

KZ3 did got some harsh reviews but it wasn't bad at all as it got 8.5. It deserved a 9 imo. Nevertheless, it still gonna sell good and break records of its predecesssor.

cyborg47

Technomancer
KZ3 did got some harsh reviews but it wasn't bad at all as it got 8.5. It deserved a 9 imo. Nevertheless, it still gonna sell good and break records of its predecesssor.

Few of them criticized the lack of a good story, and fans were all so pissed about..lol.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I have nothing against COD, but in Black Ops.. they stepped on too much towards Dramatic Story Telling. It was fun for a while... but getting PWNTED every time at the middle/end of the level throughout the game on a fairly regular basis in every Misson will not give dramatic feel.. but a pain and it Made me to yell "STOP. I want COD 1,2,3 back."

Modern Warfare, WaW had perfect levels of those things. MW2 had the same thing, but story was a let down. Black Ops had too much of those things. And yea, Activison is going to learn some lessons in couple of years. They have learned couple of lessons with DJ hero, Guitar Heroes recently. Guitar Heroes 3: Legends of Rock was such a success, that it was the best selling entertainment product back then... no game, no movie crossed 1billion mark at that time. Activison went greedy and made one Guitar Hero game every year incl. 2 in that very same year. And finally.. they had to cancel the game few days ago and close Red Octane. So gone a Wonderful IP and a development house.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
NFS is a different thing. But with games like Guitar Heroes.. they need to pay royalties to the artists which will take most of their revenue. Not to mention, people will hesitate buying 2 or 3 games every year, coz of that steep price for Guitar, Drum, Mic controllers.

BAD ACTIVISON.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It'll never. People are now officially bored of the same old CoD formula. But there are still some........
This. Tired of 'average' new CoD games every year and they still sell. For me, only CoD4 was good.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah.. it really is one of the biggest Game of the year contender.. But, Activision will release Modern Warfare 3 this year.. so, I think that history will repeat itself & it will win the Game of the Year title

@NVIDIAGeek... The thing is that Modern Warfare 2 left us in one of the most exciting cliffhanger endings.. YOu can't deny the fact the Activision has literally kicked EA's arse in the FPS department.. Crysis 2 may become their saviour though..
well, imho all the CoD games after CoD4: Modern Warfare were average.

For me, for a FPS game to be the GOTY it should have two things - good single player campaign and a kick-arse multi-player with lots of re-playability factor. [there are other things too]

We get a new CoD game every year which even sells @ $60. My point is, campaign wise it has been same old shite, multi-player is nothing interesting for me.

A good multi-player game is one which you can play for many years to come. Now with a new CoD game each year, you can only play it for 8-9 months and people will move on. May be because of the urge to get the latest CoD game?

We didn't have a new game after BF:BC2. We had an "expansion" which was only $15. BF3 will only come this winter. BF:BC2 is much much much better than any CoD game released after CoD4. ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Honestly I still have CoD:BO installed, but yet to get past Vietnam. Found it repetitive and extremely linear.

But end of the day, any FPS released still will sell. Probably the most liked of all genres. War and boys JUST gel.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Honestly I still have CoD:BO installed, but yet to get past Vietnam. Found it repetitive and extremely linear.

But end of the day, any FPS released still will sell. Probably the most liked of all genres. War and boys JUST gel.

I feel Black ops is bit of letdown after amazing Modern Warfare 2.

Top Bottom