Criticize my Ryzen Build - added RYZEN BENCHMARKS!!!

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Please check the build and see if you can change anything for good or If I'm missing anything. I already have keyboard and mouse and mousepad.

AMD R5 1600 -16500,
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 -8070,
GSkill RIPJaws V Series (16GB x 1) 3200Mhz -10700,
CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 600W -4500,
Corsair SPEC M2 + extra fans -4500
GTX 1060 6GB dual fan(not chosen variant yet)- 21000
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -8000.
LG 24GM77 Monitor - 21000

Total: 94270

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
My suggestions ..

1) replace the monitor and get a Freesync one .. how about this ?

LG 24inch Gaming Monitor (24GM79G) research more..

2) Get Rx 580

3) PSU .. Seasonic S12G 550

4) some people are reporting that Gigabyte Gaming 3 seems to have high VRM temps with overclock .. Research more on this extensively .. reddit , overclock.net etc...
Until then .. Asus Prime B350 Plus

5 ) 250 gb ssd.. storage capacity seems low , add a 1tb hdd as well.. if budget is problem then .. 120 GB SSD + 1tb HDD for same price..

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@SaiyanGoku @gta5 Thanks. I'll replace the PSU. The seasonic one is almost double the cost. Is it worth it that much to spend on PSU? I haven't built any desktops before so I'm new to this.

I have an external 1TB HD. 250GB SSD should do fine for me. I may add another 250GB in future.

RX 580 is again almost 2.5k to 3k costlier. Not sure if it is worth that much over GTX 1060.

LG 24inch Gaming Monitor (24GM79G). This one looks good but I need 144hz monitor as CSGO will be the game I'll be playing most of the time. I wasn't able to find any good 144Hz 1080p freesync monitors in stock anywhere.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku @gta5 Thanks. I'll replace the PSU. The seasonic one is almost double the cost. Is it worth it that much to spend on PSU? I haven't built any desktops before so I'm new to this.
S12G 550 costs ~6.5k, S12II 520W costs 5.5k which isn't double the price. You can either spend that 1-2k on good PSU or much much more when the crap from cooler master fries your mobo or gpu.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

What saiyangoku mentioned .. not worth the risk to save 2-3 k and watch your 50-60k equipment get fried ..

I have an external 1TB HD. 250GB SSD should do fine for me. I may add another 250GB in future.

you are overspending here , if you have to cut cost , cut it from here not from PSU,GPU ..
SSD Prices right now are very high .. next year they will drop in price significantly

get 120gb SSD for now .. and invest those 4k in better PSU , GPU

RX 580 is again almost 2.5k to 3k costlier. Not sure if it is worth that much over GTX 1060.

It is worth it over GTx 1060, not because of performance but because of FreeSync ..

LG 24inch Gaming Monitor (24GM79G). This one looks good but I need 144hz monitor as CSGO will be the game I'll be playing most of the time. I wasn't able to find any good 144Hz 1080p freesync monitors in stock anywhere.

Yes , that is a 144 Hz 1080P Freesync monitor

LG 24GM79G-B: 24 Class Full HD Gaming Monitor (24 Diagonal) | LG USA

Hands-On Review Monitor LG 24GM79G ( use translate )

read other reviews and watch more reviews on youtube as well before making a decision..

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@gta5 I'm sold on the monitor. That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. I'll be getting a decent PSU too. Do I need to order anything else than what I've mentioned above to assemble the build?

With freesync on the monitor, AMD cards should be the ones I should be looking for. Just confused if I should go with RX 580 or will a RX 570 suffice for me. As of now I'll be playing CSGO, BF and other FPS most of the times. I understand Rx 580 is better card but with price difference of 7000/- I'm not sure if the difference in performance is worth it. I can upgrade maybe three years down the line. What do you think?

Corsair Spec M2 cabinet seems like it has very good ventilation and ample fan outlets. Do you know of any other good modern looking(read minimalistic front, glass side) Micro Atx case other than Corsair Spec M2 in the same price range?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
With freesync on the monitor, AMD cards should be the ones I should be looking for. Just confused if I should go with RX 580 or will a RX 570 suffice for me. As of now I'll be playing CSGO, BF and other FPS most of the times. I understand Rx 580 is better card but with price difference of 7000/- I'm not sure if the difference in performance is worth it. I can upgrade maybe three years down the line. What do you think?
Check prices of RX480 then as it might be cheaper. RX580 is just a rebrand.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The difference between 570 and 580 is approx. 10%
570 is a good option too.

Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse and RX 580 Pulse review: Solid gaming on a tight budget

I would have gone for 570 and saved 7k if I were you.
Also, to be really honest, you don't really need 16GB ram at this point of time. Well, you haven't mentioned anywhere what your actual requirements are, but I think its primarily gaming. Get only 8GB for now and upgrade later when you actually feel the need (which is not gonna happen in this year atleast). I am saying this by my personal experience.

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@Vineet Sharma Yeah, I'm planning to go with 8gb ram and go with RX 570 too but GTX 1060 is tempting at just 3k more and half the wattage. Only issue I wouldn't be able to use the freesync feature of the monitor. :(

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
@Vineet Sharma Yeah, I'm planning to go with 8gb ram and go with RX 570 too but GTX 1060 is tempting at just 3k more and half the wattage. Only issue I wouldn't be able to use the freesync feature of the monitor. :(

Sapphire Rx 570 pulse is Rs 15k .. Gtx 1060 6gb is 20k .. 5k difference ..where are you getting it for 18k ? unless you are talking about some Gtx 1060 3gb variant which is a bad deal...

Yeah go with Rx 570 , it has the best price/performance ratio in india as well.. and save money and put it into a better card in future upgrade..

you can also Go with modular PSU , if you are going with a Micro atx case and glass side panel , Seasonic M12II 520 ..
For cases ask bssunilreaddy ...

Also if watts is a concern , then you can try undervolting + minor underclocking

Polaris is a very efficient architecture , but only upto a range after that it goes bonkers.. after the optimal range , power draw increases massively with only slight increase in performance .. look into reddit posts regarding Rx 470..

RX470 Undervolting 1206mhz @ 0.95V = <100W • r/Amd

I tested the impact of undervolting on my RX 470. Thought I'd share it here. • r/Amd

there is a good chance of this happening with Rx 570 as well .. but it also depends upon your luck , what kind of chip you get..

go with Asus prime B350 plus mobo and 8gb ram , 120gb ssd and check ram compatibility at higher speeds with Mobo carefully..

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@gta5 The sapphire cards are out of stock at mdcomputers.in. I'm not sure what the local prices would be. I'll verify again when I start the build. Thanks.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
@gta5 The sapphire cards are out of stock at mdcomputers.in. I'm not sure what the local prices would be. I'll verify again when I start the build. Thanks.

another online option .. 14,999 .. so don't pay more than that (+ Rs 100-200) if you buy offline

SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon™ RX 570 4GD5 Graphic Card

good luck with your build :)

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -92.4K

1. Processor - AMD R7 1600 -20000,
  2. Motherboard - Asus Prime X370 Pro -13000,
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
  4. GPU - Sapphire RX570 4GB OC Pulse -15400,
  5. HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  6. SMPS - Seasonic M12II 520w -7000,
  7. Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
  8. SSD - Crucial MX300 275GB -6000,
  9. Cabinet - Corsair SPEC Alpha -5000,
  10. KB/Mouse - Thermaltake Commander -3500.
  11. TOTAL -92,400.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Budget -92.4K

1. Processor - AMD R7 1600 -20000,
  2. Motherboard - Asus Prime X370 Pro -13000,
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
  4. GPU - Sapphire RX570 4GB OC Pulse -15400,
  5. HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  6. SMPS - Seasonic M12II 520w -7000,
  7. Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
  8. SSD - Crucial MX300 275GB -6000,
  9. Cabinet - Corsair SPEC Alpha -5000,
  10. KB/Mouse - Thermaltake Commander -3500.
  11. TOTAL -92,400.

Why mess up the original config by OP (which was okay except for PSU) ?

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@bssunilreddy Hey thanks but I already have keyboard and mouse and I'm looking for a 144hz monitor. Also I want the build to be compact so I have chosen corsair spec m2 cabinet. Any reason for specifying X370 motherboard instead of an B350?

@Vineet Sharma Probably because the monitor is itself 20k+ Without monitor this is like 75k build.

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Guys I will be assembling this over the next few weeks. I've placed an order for Gigabyte Gaming 3 motherboard and will be arriving Monday. I'm be going with full ATX so need mid tower cabinet. Please suggest a good cabinet ~5k with side window and good cooling. Spec Alpha seems good with 3 fans already built in but I've seen mixed reviews about quality etc. Deepcool Kendomen Ti also looks good with 5 fans builtin but meh on looks and unknown brand. What do you guys suggest?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys I will be assembling this over the next few weeks. I've placed an order for Gigabyte Gaming 3 motherboard and will be arriving Monday. I'm be going with full ATX so need mid tower cabinet. Please suggest a good cabinet ~5k with side window and good cooling. Spec Alpha seems good with 3 fans already built in but I've seen mixed reviews about quality etc. Deepcool Kendomen Ti also looks good with 5 fans builtin but meh on looks and unknown brand. What do you guys suggest?
Deepcool Dukase V2 @ 5k is best.

Top Bottom