CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For non-k normal heatsink is fine or if the temp. On higher site with stock cooler you can buy CM entry level cooler that costs 1K .

yep, Cm Hyper 101 and Deepcool Gammaxx 200 both are good coolers around 1k only.

hitman4

In the zone
For non-k normal heatsink is fine or if the temp. On higher site with stock cooler you can buy CM entry level cooler that costs 1K .

I'd say get it.

Ivy Bridge tends to run hot and will hit high temperatures in summer.

yep, Cm Hyper 101 and Deepcool Gammaxx 200 both are good coolers around 1k only.
thanks all for reply.
i would like to ask one more thing.
right now i m kinda short on cash so can i use stock cooler for three months and then buy like in april when the summer begins in delhi....?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
thanks all for reply.
i would like to ask one more thing.
right now i m kinda short on cash so can i use stock cooler for three months and then buy like in april when the summer begins in delhi....?
Yes no problem in that :toast:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
CPU cooler group test review with 3770K - Introduction

Looks like old lady NHD14 holds a strong ground..
Also i think CM 212 is a nice mention with cheap price

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Four Closed-Loop CPU Coolers Take On Noctua's NH-D14 : When It Comes To Cooling, Size Matters

Corsair Goes 140mm: H90 and H110 Liquid Coolers Released

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Four Closed-Loop CPU Coolers Take On Noctua's NH-D14 : When It Comes To Cooling, Size Matters

Corsair Goes 140mm: H90 and H110 Liquid Coolers Released
Heh, released so long ago and still kicking @$$:
*media.bestofmicro.com/Q/B/365123/original/image017.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/N/L/365025/original/image014.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/N/J/365023/original/image008.png

Also note, the liquid coolers work slightly better, but if they leak, boom, is taking such a risk worth it? And they leak, I can post a hundred forum complaints here.

I love my Noctua U12P, they sure know how to make 'Silent' coolers, I can never hear my noctua fans although they keep running at 1200RPM, plus fan blades do not accumulate dust much, so no slowdown, no cleaning frequently(something CM fans do a lot), burn down theitwares for stopping noctua import, greedy @%$*#^&

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi,

What would be a good cooler for an i7-3770K with an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro motherboard?

I can't seem to find the Noctua NH-D14 here in Chennai. In it's absence, is there any comparable cooler? Someone suggested a CM Hyper Evo 212 , but another said it was more effective with an i5 than an i7.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hyper 212 EVo is a overall good cooler for every cpu available on the market but it can't be compared with D14 for sure so for you I would suggest Thermalright Silver Arrow.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hyper 212 EVo is a overall good cooler for every cpu available on the market but it can't be compared with D14 for sure so for you I would suggest Thermalright Silver Arrow.

That's a really huge cooler TopGear o.o , are you sure it won't encroach upon any RAM or PCI slots?

EDIT : The cabinet is a CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced

EDIT 2 : I saw a variation of the Silver Arrow called Silver Arrow Extreme. Anyway , I presume this is the one you're talking about :

*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4029&category_id=163&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Its a great cooler and yes, quite large and heavy.
I think its somewhere between the d14 and the nh-u12p se2. No worries with the clearance for ram and pci slots.
The ram clearance issue (if any) can be resolved by raising the fan and the clips by a few fins on the cooler.

The choice between the Evo and the Silver Arrow would depend on how high you plan to OC and how much you want to control the temps. For an i7, until 4.5 Evo works pretty well. Beyond that, you need some heavy stuff with dual fans.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Its a great cooler and yes, quite large and heavy.
I think its somewhere between the d14 and the nh-u12p se2. No worries with the clearance for ram and pci slots.
The ram clearance issue (if any) can be resolved by raising the fan and the clips by a few fins on the cooler.

The choice between the Evo and the Silver Arrow would depend on how high you plan to OC and how much you want to control the temps. For an i7, until 4.5 Evo works pretty well. Beyond that, you need some heavy stuff with dual fans.

I don't plan to overclock much , around 4.3 Ghz is what i'm looking at (Chennai is wretchedly hot). So , is the SilverArrow one of those coolers than needs the motherboard to be dismounted from the cabinet ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a really huge cooler TopGear o.o , are you sure it won't encroach upon any RAM or PCI slots?

EDIT : The cabinet is a CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced

EDIT 2 : I saw a variation of the Silver Arrow called Silver Arrow Extreme. Anyway , I presume this is the one you're talking about :

Thermalright Silver Arrow Dual 14cm Fan Cooler

yeah that's the cooler I was talkin about and depending on the ambient temp Silver Arrow may be better investmenet compared to 212 Evo and about mounting well, you have to try and check it out for yourself even though your cabinet has cpu cooler mounting cut out but sometimes they are not just enough.

Renny

Padawan
Need CPU cooler for C2D E4400 (LGA 775)

Budget - Below Rs.500, Idle: 53C, Load - 65-70C

Are these good options? What do you suggest?
Deepcool Alta 7 , Deepcool GAMMA ARCHER

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Gamma Archer seems better. More silent and better airflow.

PS: Personally, I am not too comfortable about the clamping system in these coolers. Opt for something better like the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO. Check local markets for lower rates.

Top Bottom