CPU/Chipset News

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD Readying Phenom II X4 965

*www.techpowerup.com/97909/AMD_Readying_Phenom_II_X4_965.html

Following its roadmap, AMD is continuing with new processor releases based on the Deneb core with increases in the multiplier. The Phenom II X4 965 comes with a clock speed of 3.40 GHz, and an FSB multiplier of 17.0x, giving it a 200 MHz increase over the 955 Black Edition. It is not known if 965 comes in a Black Edition branding, one which could determine its pricing. If launched as a Black Edition (version with unlocked bus multiplier), It could either be priced above the 955, or could displace it and position itself at US $249.99. Without the BE branding it could be priced slightly lower. The new chip will be based on the AM3 package, supporting DDR3 1333 MHz and DDR2 1066 MHz. It comes at a time when AMD is releasing the RS880-based AMD 785G chipset. AMD will dispatch samples of the Phenom II X4 965 starting next week.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ ALSO there in

*www.tweaktown.com/news/12640/phenom_ii_x4_965_coming_soon/

*images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/AMD-Phenom_full.jpg

Amazing, AMD changed the revision to C2 and I bet AMD will come up with X4 975 3.5GHz B.E. too for 140W TDP.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
mean while X4500hd has hardware decoder for MPEG-4 Encoding and Supports Dx 10, PixelShader 4.0, OpenGl 2.1

This discussion is going offtopic but I'll reply here anyway ( anyone please don't mind ) :

i told 7200GS better ( feature wise ) coz it's 100% compliant with DX9C but

x4500HD though it supports DX 10 but I think it's just pseudo only ( tell me if I am correct ) coz for example GMA X3100 supports Dx9C but many game won't run on them. That's why Burnout paradise refused to run on X4500HD.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^ I guess u r right. Although it does hav DX10 support, (laughs) which game do u expect will run at full settings even at DX9?(Except 2004 and older ones).

BTW, here's something good:

*xtreview.com/images/AMD%20phenom%20x4%20965.gif

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel's 32nm Clarkdale CPUs moved up to Q4, a full year ahead of AMD?

*www.dailytech.com/Intel+Replaces+Havendale+and+Auburndale+With+32nm+Die+Shrinks/article14225.htm

Intel's P1268 32nm development process is progressing better than expected. It is doing so well, in fact, that they are cancelling Havendale and Auburndale, the 45nm mainstream value versions of Nehalem. These were supposed to be the first mass produced chips with on die integrated graphics and an integrated memory controller.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I've a boubt. But don't laugh at me...

Which will be faster proccy when running on a program that takes use of 4 cores..

Core 2 quad Q6600 or Core 2 quad Q8200 or Core 2 Duo 8400.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Core 2 quad Q6600 and Core 2 quad Q8200 should be neck-to-neck. Q6600 has cache advantage and Q8200 has FSB advantage.

i think finally, it should be Q6600.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
how many games are there now that will take advantage of 4 cores. I've read some where that all Unreal Engine games take use of all the cores in a processor. Is it true?

General Question- How's AMD doing these days? I'm asking this because I bought a AMD processor just 2 days back. Is there any chance AMD might come back with something like Athlon64 back in 2003? Fusion?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

how many games are there now that will take advantage of 4 cores. I've read some where that all Unreal Engine games take use of all the cores in a processor. Is it true?
Nowadays, the number is rising.

But u need a gfx card to compliment ur Core 2 Quad.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Saving moeny like any thing to get a decent gfx card...

Saved money till now - 6850rs..

Goal - 12000rs

to buy gtx260 or hd4870.

Wish me all the best.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
General Question- How's AMD doing these days? I'm asking this because I bought a AMD processor just 2 days back. Is there any chance AMD might come back with something like Athlon64 back in 2003? Fusion?

This quarter AMD took some 6% off Intel's market share and right now, they are on a roll, especially with Phenom II X4 series. With P2 X2 550 and Athlon 2 X2 250 on heavy sale right now, they are going to have another rocking quarter.

Till Intel releases Core i5, AMD will keep on eating up Intel's market share.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Wow a nice thread (I've been offline for a month so catching up). Could someone tell me if phenom 2 720be has that same awesome heatsink like the one on Phenom 2 940 BE?

Top Bottom