Corsair HX650v2 PSU squeaking noise

OP
L

leelaprasad

Broken In
Guys my PSU stopped making the squeaking from yesterday night, tried to do the same things during which the squeaking sound came. But now the PSU is super calm

And how do we differentiate a HX650 & HX650v2 because at snapdeal where i purchased CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650 Watts PSU - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal also it is showing as HX650 only, i thought HX650 was discontinued and only HX650v2 is available as of now, it thats wrong it may be my mistake

Bro... I am not blaming any one, i just want to alert the forum members so that it will benefit other members, and i am not concerned about extra money spend.

literally speaking i don't know now what version i am having 80+Bronze or 80+Gold.

@leelaprasad
The PSU linked in your thread for suggestion was HX650 80+bronze which can be verified from the url,also theitwares still shows only hx650 bronze.
My friend has this one from more than a year and it is running fine.
I think this noise related issue with fan is related to HX650 80+Gold series PSU.
HX650 was suggested since you were willing to spend up to 10k and while being modular it also comes with 2 years of warranty more.
Anyway,all the best with RMA.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

In the zone
Guys my PSU stopped making the squeaking from yesterday night, tried to do the same things during which the squeaking sound came. But now the PSU is super calm

And how do we differentiate a HX650 & HX650v2 because at snapdeal where i purchased CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650 Watts PSU - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal also it is showing as HX650 only, i thought HX650 was discontinued and only HX650v2 is available as of now, it thats wrong it may be my mistake

Bro... I am not blaming any one, i just want to alert the forum members so that it will benefit other members, and i am not concerned about extra money spend.

literally speaking i don't know now what version i am having 80+Bronze or 80+Gold.

Major difference is the no: of 6+2 PCI-E connector supported by the PSU,
Corsair HX650 Bronze has 4*6+2 Pin PCI-E Connector(using split cable) whereas the GOLD has only 2*6+2 PCI-E connector for GPU.

Corsair HX650 Bronze:
Corsair HX650 Professional Modular Power Supply Unboxing Linus Tech Tips - YouTube

Corsair HX650 GOLD :
Corsair HX650 80+ GOLD 650 Watt Professional PSU Unboxing - YouTube

Top Bottom