Connecting two modems with one phone line

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello Friends,

My friend is using SHITtel broadband. He has a phone line in one room and a parallel one in other room in which there is no wifi signal of the modem which is kept in the first room. He is planning to get a splitter for the second room and connect a modem with the parallel line. Will two modems on a single connection work simultaneously? He tried few range extenders but they were not of much help.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
Need your valuable advice sir.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Without going into technical details,the answer is NO.It is not possible to simultaneously use 2 modems on same telephone line(even if it is a parallel one). Get tplink wifi router 740N for ~800 or 841N for ~1100.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Without going into technical details,the answer is NO.It is not possible to simultaneously use 2 modems on same telephone line(even if it is a parallel one). Get tplink wifi router 740N for ~800 or 841N for ~1100.

The router's that you have mentioned will be connected to the parallel line itself, right? If yes then how will they work? Is there any wiring or anything that can aid in using 2 modems on same telephone line? Say if we make both lines the main one's and exclude the parallel one fully?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will explain in simple terms:
1 telephone number-->1 telephone line-->1 modem
2 telephone numbers-->2 telephone lines-->2 modems,one modem for each line/telephone number
1 telephone number-->2,3,4,...x telephone lines by splitting/parallel connections/wiring etc-->still 1 modem

connect modem to wifi router & then connect any other device in any other room using wifi.I don't know what range extenders your friend used but tplink 740n should be able to cover a 2/3bhk floor.

Top Bottom