Charging problem .hardware problem

Tomal12

Right off the assembly line
When i connect my adapter to my laptop,it normally charging . But after 2 or 2.5 hr it shows not pluged in though adapter is connected. If i shut down my laptop for sometime and again start it and connect adapter same thing occur.what is the acctual problem?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
-What is the model of laptop? What Operating system?
-How old is the laptop? How old is the battery?
-When this occurs what is the % of charging as shown on battery icon?Has it reached 100%
-Did the laptop and OS come with any bundled software to control the battery behavior, if yes explore any specific settings therein

Things to try
1. Explore if the behavior is exactly the same by running a Live linux distribution off the CD/DVD/USB (Assuming you are on Windows)
2. Check if there's any option to calibrate the battery in UEFI/BIOS and follow the same
3. If not, try manually calibrating the battery by full discharge and full charge once
4. If you are on Windows, go to Device Manager and Uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Battery under Batteries option. Windows will recreate this device upon boot.
5. On Windows use a free software like BatteryInfoView to check the overall health & wear level of the battery.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^what are you saying?I have never seen a fully working laptop that does not display "plugged in" sign/symbol while adapter is connected & getting power from AC Mains.Only status change is from "charging" to "fully charged".

Top Bottom