Can't access Google, gmail , orkut or any other Google sites using Dataone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Re: Gmail down?

Negative :( Everytime I try, I get this message "Oops, you aren't using OpenDNS yet. Go back to Step 1 to set up OpenDNS." What am I missing? :confused:

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

DNS Servers of Flight BSNL120 and Airtel130 have failed. Prepare for Emergency Land :lol:

karnivore

in your face..

Negetive :( Everytime I try, I get this message "Oops, you aren't using OpenDNS yet. Go back to Step 1 to set up OpenDNS." What am I missing? :confused:
You hav changed the LAN settings, now change the connection settings:
Double click on the connection icon > Properties > Network> select "TCP/IP"> click on Properties> now type the DNS addresses.

adi87

Journeyman
Google & App not working :(

Hey there...
From the past 2 days, Google Homepage, Gmail etc. are not opening in my browser.. I thought that it must be browser prob but its the same for Firefox & IE.... What can be wrong ??
I tried clearing all cookies etc... Is it a virus or trojan ?? can they do that ???
Or is it my ISP problem ?? btw : I use DATAONE.... Please help me asap...

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Re: Google & App not working :(

open "cmd" from ur run

type:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

then try.. if doesnt...

type:

Code:
ipconfig /renew

slugger

Banned

Negative :( Everytime I try, I get this message "Oops, you aren't using OpenDNS yet. Go back to Step 1 to set up OpenDNS." What am I missing? :confused:

dat shudn't matter, since dat step is optional n e way

all u got2 do iz change d DNS to openDNS and u will b able 2 access google

BTW
has n e body contacted d guys @ BSNL 2 ask abt d problem
will b going 2 d exchange tommorow 2 get my ethernet cable replaced
will ask abt it den [though i'm quite sure dat no convincing answer will b forthcoming]

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Re: Google problem!Is google server down!

does using open dns truly speeds up the internet ?
i feel it actually slows down

slugger

Banned
Re: Google problem!Is google server down!

duz nothin 2 d speed [@ least my xp]

definitely did not increase speed by any strech of imagination

sabret00the

Youngling
I reinstalled XP SP2 on my system about 2 months back...for the past 2 months IE 6 or Mozilla didnt give me any problem surfing the net. About 2 weeks back I installed SP3 and even after that IE or Mozilla was working fine. But suddenly since the past one week IE 6 & Mozilla started giving me problems especially with secured sites, google, etc.

Now in the past 3 days
1)internet connectivity is really bad..
2)my broadband usage shows it has increased drastically..
3)Can't access Google, gmail , orkut or any other Google sites..not at all
4)While navigating from one site to another or going from one page to another gives page cannot be displayed...the page only comes after using F5
5)Downloaded IE 7 problem still exists with IE 7 and Mozilla
6)Able to run all kind of program updates though (things which arent browser dependant)

Browsers: IE 7 & Mozilla Firefox 2.0
Antivirus: Avast Home Edition
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Broadband: Dataone (UTstarcomm Modem/router - Setup up as 24/7 router mode)

Actions Taken so far: - results
1)Adaware 2007 - just removed some cookies (crap) :mad:
2)Trendmicro Hijackthis - It helped me find out the culprit. The winsock was corrupt. I tried to fix the files but not too much help. :?
3)Ran smitrem.exe while internet was turned off - Helped a lot let me back online properly but temporarily (one for 1 day):cry:
4)Ran the Webroot Spy Sweeper Trial - Got me back online properly but not able to access Google, gmail , orkut or any other Google sites again..:)

Issue: Not willing too reinstall XP again...too much of hectic work

Observation: Apart from my computer strangely I have found that there are two more people I know who have Dataone connections are not able to access Google, gmail , orkut or any other Google sites in the past few days.

Discuss or make comments please...

praka123

left this forum longback
the solution i can think off is,that dataone dns servers fails most of the time these days!so,switch to *opendns.com for faster name resolution and speed.hope this helps!

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Ya I've seen that...it's in the chitchat section just a discussion...just take your time and read what I have posted...what I'am saying is that my comp could have malware problems too so I posted in this section...
Nope, if its malware u wont be able to open other websites also....bsnl is upgrading their Lines, so even here to i face the same message sometimes "page cannot be displayed".
if u still doubt its the problem due to spy ware then install "Look n Stop" firewall and use firefox to browse,even if u have spyware in ur pc it wont affect ur pc if u install the firewall

sabret00the

Youngling

I think you must be using a modem cum router or a router like me...in that case you will have to go to your router page and change the DNS settings under LAN settings...then it'll work...all the best...

Opendns is working for me...atleast for now...

sabret00the

Youngling
@ praka123 & zyberboy : Thanks a lot guys...currently trying out the opendns thingy...lets see if that works or not?

Opendns is working for me...atleast for now...

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
can i have some proxy sites like youhide.

by the way.. is it safe for online transaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom