Camera talk...

mastervk

In the zone
@prashant ...808 camera is really very good I should say...it can really replace a P&S ...but no optical zoom...and it seems it always take shot at f2.4 ....I saw all the samples at f2.4....

yes Nokia pure view can replace P & S ..but it is very expensive currently..you can get a good P&S and a good camera at same price..

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant...updated - i misunderstood ur line :( thanks nac for pointing that :)

@mastervk ...but u can call from it,surf net,send sms,transfer through wifi and bluetooth and most importantly u will always keep it in ur pocket...which P&S have these features :D

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ I think he is saying "all the sample picture you were seen was taken at f/2.4 coz of fixed f/2.4"

Last edited:

mastervk

In the zone
@mastervk ...but u can call from it,surf net,send sms,transfer through wifi and bluetooth and most importantly u will always keep it in ur pocket...which P&S have these features :D

yes thats an advantage all camera phones have over camera ....if a win 8 mobile has nokia pureview(the technology ) support it will be good replacement of P & S camera..

but even then it will have all disadvantage we talked about like optical zoom ,ISO and low light performance

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah thats right...it will be a fixed aperture/fixed focal length cam ....but thats what prime lenses is used ;)

mastervk

In the zone
256 GB class 10 SDXC card..cost only $900

Lexar Announces Industry’s First 256GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card

New High-Capacity 400x SDXC UHS-I Card Offers Impressive Performance and Extended Capture of High-Resolution Images and 1080p Full-HD and 3D Video

Key Messages:

Industry-first 256GB SDXC UHS-I memory card provides world’s largest capacity for capturing, storing, and transferring high-quality images, as well as extended lengths of 1080p HD and 3D video content
UHS-I technology enables high performance with 400x (60MB per second) minimum guaranteed sustained read transfer speed*
Leverages SD 3.0 specification to address the workflow needs of professional photographers and videographers

Lexar Announces Industry

i was thinking why cant we have call and messaging facility in P & S camera too.. it should not be too hard to manufacture such camera..

turn out samsung is working on such camera..see the link below for Galaxy camera ..P & S camera with android jelly bean :)
*gizmodo.com/5938931/samsungs-android+juiced-galaxy-camera-can-post-photos-to-instagram-from-anywhere-with-a-data-plan

sujoyp

Grand Master
I want a more efficient and more capacity battery before they put communication system in camera.....i think wifi,gps,gsm signals eat up lots of battery power...I wouldnt want my camera to get switched off just before a crucial photographic moment just coz i accidently forgot to switch off my wifi

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Recently, Canon have slashed prices for its compact cameras... and it's the reason for SX240/260 are getting super deals in ebay :)

Most of the Canon's latest announced cameras have smaller aperture than it's predecessor's.
SX220/230 vs SX240/260 (still it performs better)
SX150 vs SX 160
SX40 vs SX50
And now with G15 they have dropped articulated screen, but the aperture range is so good f/1.8 - f/2.8

sujoyp

Grand Master
y dont people buy g15 or nikon P7700...They look awesome with grip,multi dials and viewfinder...even Sony RX100 is in that segment..

These r much better for a photography enthusiast then those 50x zoom and 3D panorama modes

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ I guess "price" matters...

If the advanced compacts like RX100, P7700, G15, G1X comes at a price of P300 ;) people will sure buy (or at least I will buy one for me) :D

mastervk

In the zone
In general people ask only two question about camera..megapixel and zoom ..so a 50X zoom sounds much better than other camera...also price matters.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am right now reading about Olympus XZ1 ...its selling for 20k and it seems a much better advance P&S cam then even S100,p7700 etc ....
Just loving it ...it have nice range...a 1/6'3 sensor,a lens of 1.8-2.2 ...dual dial,RAW, ISO 6400 (good upto ISO 800), nice bokeh,builtin ND filter, art filter,

I will definitely consider it when replacing my house P&S for dad.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I was very close to buying P7000 but I compared SX240 with P7000 on imaging resource and saw 240 performing better...

XZ1 has better ISO performance than SX95/100... Best I think is LX5?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ There will be a nice one when you plan to replace.

May be it's coz of brand, we just stick with the popular brands. But... what do you think of sensor shift IS?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac I read the complete review in dpreview ...and it says it works very well

The XZ-1 offers sensor-shift image stabilization and it works rather well. This, combined with the fast lens means you can get away with shooting in incredibly low light without having to push the camera's sensitivity too much. The stabilization itself isn't significantly more effective than just concentrating on holding the camera steady but will boost the number of steady shots you get.

In addition to the sensor-shift stabilization, the XZ-1 is able to offer digital stabilization in movie mode. And, while we've rarely been impressed by digital stabilization for stills, the reduced resolution of movies gives greater scope for it working. Because movies use only a portion of the sensor, the camera can vary which portion it uses and compensate for how the camera's being moved. We were pretty impressed with how the XZ-1 does - making a good job of canceling out walking movement, despite my fairly pronounced gait.

XZ1 is also cheapest among all ...nikon p7100,canon s100,g12 etc

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Pictures are nice... But who is gonna spend $2800 for a fixed lens cam.

Rockstar,
I closed the page after seeing focal length 33-165... and I don't see a single review for that cam...

And why are looking at this cam, it's not at all in your league ;)

Top Bottom