Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
yesterday read the review of sony RX100 at dpreview...its a nice cam...but cost is initially high as always with sony products

They say it can simply beat canon S100 in all departments. but the thing is these cams are used as secondary cam by professionals...coz amateurs will buy DSLR at that cost or a superzoom.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
A few days back, we collectively trolled Leica for making Black and white cameras. However 2 days ago, while doing so googling for my blog post, I came across an amazing technology used in Leica M Monochrome camera - Non Bayer sensor

Conventional cameras even the high ends like D800E and 1DX use a Bayer sensor. Just for example a conventional Bayer MP sensor includes only 4Mp green, 2Mp red and 2Mp blue pixels, which are interpolated to 8Mpix R, G, B image.
A similar non bayer sensor uses true R, G, and B pixels. Advantage? Bayer matrix results in loss of 30-50% of the real resolving power of the sensor.

Although I lost the blog link, the 18MP images from Leica had equal or in some images had greater details than the 36MP images from D800E.

Interestingly Nokia 808 also uses oversampling to eliminate Bayer interpolation hence its 5MP images are very very detailed. But in most cases are under 2MB. Hence we get the resolution equivalent of 10-12MP images in a very small size. This is some amazing technology!

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice technology....even D800 and D800E have some difference....I dont remember correctly

leica uses best of everything...but spending money equivalent to D4 and get something soo simple is a difficult idea

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hi! It's been two weeks. I was like hmmm... "held up" :(

SX160 and SX500 cameras are listed in Canon site. Price of SX160 is nice and good but SX500 is too much. FZ47 is far better in spec comparison.

Some super duper deals on ebay. You can get D5100 under 28k (I think soon it will go out of stock...) D7000 for 65k

mastervk

In the zone
Saw a great deal at eBAY ..Canon EOS 550D Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens 18.0 Megapixels Digital SLR Camera - Black for Rs Rs. 27,490.00....

Canon EOS 550D Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens 18.0 Megapixels Digital SLR Camera - Black | eBay

mastervk

In the zone
these days i am not going out much so didnt get much opportunity to take pics...

i think we guys should suggests a topic every week and lets take some pics based of that topic..we all can post those pics in "photography thread"...the topic can be an object or idea or anything else...

what do you guys think...

sujoyp

Grand Master
mastervk if we get enough support for that idea its better to post those pics in saperate threads :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Maybe a theme based friendly photo competition... weekly or fortnightly

Both Canon and Nikon have announced enthusiast-level full-frame DSLRs EOS 6D and D600. Both are priced around $2000. It seems that they have killed RX1 even before launch!

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
But RX1 is a compact body...

Mastervk, Just start a thread... We will go with the flow.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
ZOOOM NEWSSSSS :D

Canon launches "50x optical zoom" PowerShot SX50 HS camera

more info here..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...0x-optical-zoom-powershot-sx50-hs-camera.html

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow 50x zoom let me see :) there recent announcement of full frame DSLR 6D will be a big flop...its specs r even poor then 4 years old 5DMKII

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
SX50 specs are not at all attractive other than that whooping 1200mm tele...

Top Bottom