Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
finally put my 150-500 for sale on OLX...will go to the person who clean lenses on saturday. Haved priced my lens at 25k , but lot of negotiation possible :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
finally put my 150-500 for sale on OLX...will go to the person who clean lenses on saturday. Haved priced my lens at 25k , but lot of negotiation possible :D
If you can edit the title, edit and say it's NIKON mount and give link to official page.
Yours is the cheapest, should sell quick.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh yes nikon mount..sheh i forgot to mention...cant give links..I tried to give flickr link but it didnt allow

Reactions: nac

sujoyp

Grand Master
for the next lens I will do all arrangement possible to prevent fungus...its dificult in mumbai with such high humidity

raja manuel

In the zone
Here's a big one: Phase One has announced a 101 MP medium format digital back with no Bayer or IR filter. Yep, this is for those who love luminescence over colour. The price for the back alone is $50 K so you will have to love luminescence over many other things as well. But it comes with a free lens worth $7 K so no different from buying a pressure cooker with free gasket :)

Here's a big one: Phase One has announced a 101 MP medium format digital back with no Bayer or IR filter. Yep, this is for those who love luminescence over colour. The price for the back alone is $50 K so you will have to love luminescence over many other things as well. But it comes with a free lens worth $7 K so no different from buying a pressure cooker with free gasket :)
Medium format is still an unknown territory for 99% of the photographers out there. The only memory of me using a medium format is a Fuji 680, with only two sets of films.....I like the direction Fujifilm took with GFX50s(which I got a chance to try), a more "handheld" ready medium format, but still, too expensive, and lacks lenses which full frame competitors have. Phase One and Hasselblad, both are loosing relevance just because of their implementation of medium format, much like Kodak did with digital.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am happy with my D7000 :p 14mp DSLR ...Max I would go is 24-30MP full frames ...a 101 MP will take hell lot of time to copy/process/store. No Thank you .

sujoyp

Grand Master
one person is asking my Sigma 150-500 for 18k saying it will cost him 5000 for removing fungus and maintenance...what to do...should I try to fetch 20k and give it.
I know inside me that I have to sell this before this rainy season or else fungus will increase and it may become difficult for me.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
one person is asking my Sigma 150-500 for 18k saying it will cost him 5000 for removing fungus and maintenance...what to do...should I try to fetch 20k and give it.
I know inside me that I have to sell this before this rainy season or else fungus will increase and it may become difficult for me.
People always low ball. Next cheapest is 26k, right?
Check this link Fungus Cleaning in Mumbai I don't know if he is still in business.

CRACING

Journeyman

Check if the fungus has developed inside or outside. Get it cleaned if its outside otherwise sell it as is. Make sure buyer accepts it "as is" condition and no returns.

Cleaning fungus inside the lens elements is difficult and zoom lenses are complex. After assembling, the lens won't be as original.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Tomorrow I am going to Fort market to check the condition.. Will decide then

Sent from my E5563 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nac

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh :)
So the update is the person at fort checked my lens and straight away said 5k for cleaning :( ..now I am selling the lens with fungus only..reduced the price to 22k
I asked the price of Digicab Dry box and it cost too much ...I will require 70L one which cost 16k ...soo I dropped that idea and will do DIY.

I got two offer for 300mm f4+TC ...1st is quoting 52k for lens +nikon 1.4x tc and 2nd quote 48k for lens and kenko 1.4x tc ...will check the Nikon one first and if found any issue then will go for kenko one.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes even I am interested in Nikon TC...I negotiated a lot with that guy :D he was quoting 44k for lens initially and now with TC1.4x he is giving for 52k ...TC1.4xII cost a lot new in market.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes even I am interested in Nikon TC...I negotiated a lot with that guy :D he was quoting 44k for lens initially and now with TC1.4x he is giving for 52k ...TC1.4xII cost a lot new in market.
Okay. Then, test both of 'em before finalizing.
How you gonna do?
First sell your lens and buy these or don't mind which goes/comes first?

sujoyp

Grand Master
first my old lens have to go...I want money to get new lens..in anycase I am not in very hurry..it will be bonus if all happens before my birthday (30th may)
A guy will be comming for my lens this weekend..lets see.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
first my old lens have to go...I want money to get new lens..in anycase I am not in very hurry..it will be bonus if all happens before my birthday (30th may)
A guy will be comming for my lens this weekend..lets see.
First b'day after marriage. Have a blast.
Wish things go the way you want.

Top Bottom