C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi All,

Today I was scanning with my KAV persenal pro and everything went fine. As always, even today kaspersky dint scan this file "c:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask" i dont suspect this file but my kav says its password protected and asks me to enter password which was given during installation of this file. I am sure ad-aware wont ask for any password during installation. Wondering what is this.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
No password only if u install the personal version. Pro version has some security limitations but i guess its not the question of passwords, but simply serial numbers.
For the skins folder, it seems to be just a password protected archive. Nothing to worry about. If u want ur scans to be clean, simply put the folder in the ignore list or
Start Scan->Custom Scan-> Uncheck 'scan within archives'
Savvy! :wink:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yup... Those skin files are password protected. Dont worry, they are clean...

anandk

Distinguished Member
several files on several such applications are password protected, mence av or ani-spy scanners, cannot scne them. nothing to worry about.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Yups done with no worries. One small question, why wud those files have passwords and which applications use those file. If ad-aware does, y wud it require password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom