By Demand [May 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxymoron

Broken In
Demands can also be made by e-mail, story ideas and other suggestions (Fast Track ideas, design, demands for specific articles etc) to
*img502.imageshack.us/img502/1421/editory.png
Suggestions for DVD content, mail links or suggestions to
*img829.imageshack.us/img829/9820/bydemandtext.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only for DVD content
Some more ways in which you can send us demands. If you use Free Download Manager, set the files for download, limit the bandwidth to minimal (3-4 bytes/s), export the download list, then mail us the list of suggestions to the DVD email id mentioned above. See if you can send us lists for the perfect 16GB content mix, so we'll get an idea of how much content you want
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listed below are sites where we get most of our stuff for the DVDs. Keep adding more interesting sites to the list...

Software: Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com, Free Downloads Encyclopedia - Softpedia
Games: GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment, GamersHell.com - Largest Independent Video Gaming Website (gh3d.com) - GamersHell.com
Game Trailers: Video Game Trailers for Wii, PSP, Xbox, PS3 & More | Upcoming Video Games
HD Trailers: Best Place on the Web to Download HD Trailers - HD-Trailers.net (HDTN)
Music: Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo, If You Make It, Daytrotter: The source for new music discovery and free MP3 downloads from the best emerging bands., QUOTE UNQUOTE RECORDS.COM! HOME OF "RECORDS"!, Purevolume, Mp3.com
Audiobooks: librivox.org, AudioOwl - Free Audio Books - Download mp3 and iPod format today!
Lectures and Courses: academicearth.org, MIT Open Courseware, Open Yale Courses, freevideolectures.com
Distros: distrowatch.com
Movies: vodo.net
PS: To ensure that your requests are added to the DVDs, please try to send them in by the 8-12 of each month

Krow

Crowman
Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta (Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta - Adobe Labs)
Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 RC1 (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate | photo management software prerelease - Adobe Labs)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Download - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

android x86 ics for eeepc...

and windows 8 rc....

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Latest version of JDK

IDE: Eclipse / Netbeans

OTHERWORLDS (Sci-Fi) video

Fuduntu-2012.2-i686-LiveDVD.iso (908MB)

WIKIPEDIA full offline version . You can download it from here *kiwix.org/index.php/Main_Page Approx 10gb download , can`t download myself on my gprs connection.

swa

Right off the assembly line
there is rarely any content for MAC users...n so is the case with the dvd content...
and there is absolutely no content for windows x64 users :(
do include them also!
rest...the dvd contents are not very useful
the game demos and full free games are worthless..plus most of the dvd's space is covered with huge video file's size...please improve these contents!
For the Fast Tracks it looks like a reflection of wikipedia!
seems digit is out of Tech-writers?

Confused_user

Journeyman
Please provide atleast one free game worth playing. Most of the casual games provided on the DvDs are worthless. Please provide games like Tribes, Area 51, America's Army, etc.

swa

Right off the assembly line
there is rarely any content for MAC users...n so is the case with the dvd content...
and there is absolutely no content for windows x64 users :(
do include them also!
rest...the dvd contents are not very useful
the game demos and full free games are worthless..plus most of the dvd's space is covered with huge video file's size...please improve these contents!
For the Fast Tracks it looks like a reflection of wikipedia!
seems digit is out of Tech-writers?

have seen DVD's quoting a boastful title stating "so and so" GiGs of video and games...please do not quantify it in terms of file size...and please please provide stuffs for 64 bit systems...

i use MAC PRO (12 core processor) can you please publish articles pertaining to how can i make the most out of it?i basically use it for video editing and supermassive gaming using bootcamp!
am a subscriber since last couple of years,
it would sound professional if digit's article resonate with upcoming technologies and tech trends...
have read MIT's technology review...why cant digit produce such intricating yet lucid interesting articles?
hope it reflects in future issues!

Confused_user

Journeyman
And please do not include adult content. For example, a while ago, one of the DvDs included the demo of venus hostage, which is a pr0n game. Digit should not provide such vulgar content

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
UDK .Plzz!!!!!
The last time it was bundled,that version has some serious issue.

And Yes I want Photoshop C6 on my next Digit DVD too!!:smile:

Cryengine 3 SDK.

In last months DVD you guys budled Shiva,Unity But Skipped UDK.
You May Skip On CrySDK but please dont miss on UDK.

Last edited:

harsimran123

Broken In
in.april dvd i have requested for windows 8 consumer preview and this time also iam requesting because sir your team didnt include in dvd maybe because of some reason so iam requesting again windows 8 consumer preview 32 bit and 64 bit so both all the buyers can try sir requesting again please sif

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
in.april dvd i have requested for windows 8 consumer preview and this time also iam requesting because sir your team didnt include in dvd maybe because of some reason so iam requesting again windows 8 consumer preview 32 bit and 64 bit so both all the buyers can try sir requesting again please sif

well Digit could not get permission for this. A team digit member already posted this in another thread-
r4gs said:
We did want to carry the Windows 8
CP, unfortunately it is not free to
distribute and we did not get permission to bundle it with our DVD.
Sorry guys. We're still trying to get it
though so keep your fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom