Building a gaming PC under 1L

Nitish07

Broken In
Hi,

For the past 4 years I have been using my Samsung NP550 laptop for gaming.
The laptop has now grown old and I want to create a new rig.
I understand a PC will always be better for gaming than laptop. right? Hence, I need advice as to what configuration should I go for.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primary I would like to run the latest and upcoming games like, Battlefield1, Tomb raider, Far Cry, Witcher and assassin's creed series. the list can go on.
As for Softwares I sometimes use Maya and After effects. May look into exploring similar so

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget preferably is upto 70K. But if the rig can last for the say next 4 years I can extend till 1L.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I have never really overclocked. So the chances are slim. Still I would welcome all suggestions.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10. or whichever comes after it.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: At the very least 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I do plan to buy a monitor. somewhere between 17 to 22 inch. My knowledge is a little rusty as I have been using laptop for a long time. I am not really looking for 4K gaming but if it fits the budget then yes; Else I would settle for a standard 1600 resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None. I have to create a complete rig from scratch. If I can squeeze in a gaming Keyboard and mouse, that good else I'll use the standard stuff for now

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Sometime Next month or in January

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have never built one before. Should I try it this time? Is it risky? If you have suggestions for assemblers in Bangalore, please let me know

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Bangalore. I am open to buying stuff online. I am also open to visiting Nehru Place in Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Any and all help appreciated. Cheers!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -98.5K

CPU- Intel Core i5 6600K -16000,
MOBO- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming -14500,
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X -3000,
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz -6000,
SMPS- Seasonic M12II 620w -6500,
Cabinet- Corsair SPEC-03 -4500,
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -7000,
Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8500,
GPU - Sapphire RX480 8GB Nitro + -24500,
KB/Mouse - Cooler Master Octane Gaming Bundle -4500.

Total Cost -98,500.

Buy Seasonic PSU from amazon.in or overclockerszone.com

Pairing AMD GPU with a Free Sync Monitor reduces screen tearing.

AMD GPUs are giving more fps in games that are built on DirectX 12 and also support Async Compute & Vulkan on Hardware level.

Nvidia GPUs though gives more fps in DirectX 11 games, struggle in DirectX 12.
Nvidia supports only Vulkan on software level and also does not support Async Compute.

Since Windows 10 uses DirectX 12 and is the future on which more games will be built, its better to go with AMD GPUs.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Budget -100K

CPU- Intel Core i7 6700k -26000,
MOBO- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming -14500,
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X -3000,
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz -6000,
SMPS- Seasonic M12II 620w -6500,
Cabinet- Corsair SPEC-03 -4500,
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -7000,
GPU - Sapphire RX480 8GB Nitro + -24500,
KB/Mouse - Cooler Master Octane Gaming Bundle -4500.

Total Cost -1,00,000.

Buy Seasonic PSU from amazon.in or overclockerszone.com

:facepalm:

i5-6500 is more than enough and B150 mobo would be a better option for the same.

The difference amount can be used to get a monitor which you forgot to add in the build.

Also, IMO get a GTX 1060 from Asus or Zotac because of better power efficiency and performance. That 850 Evo is overpriced, get a Kingston SSDNow V300 250 gb for 5.5k.

source:Geforce GTX 1060 Thread: faster than RX 480, 120W, $249 - AnandTech Forum

*i2.wp.com/www.babeltechreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/main-summary-OC-chart.jpg?w=1218

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
OP can visit Ashirwad Computers & Golchha IT in SP Road, Bangalore and get quotations from both.

Choose from who ever gives better prices.

OP
Nitish07

Nitish07

Broken In
Restarting this old thread. I ran into some financial issues last year so I couldn't make that PC.
I made a few changes and updated the configuration bringing down the budget a little too.

Can anyone review this and let me know if this is viable? At this point I am not looking at futureproofing and I am open to downgrading it further as long as it allows me a decent gaming experience.

GPU : AMD Radeon Rx 580 - 22400
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 17200
MOBO : AsRock AB350 Pro4 - 8900
FAN : Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 - 2700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ - 4825
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB - 3500
PowerSupply: Seasonic S1211 620W - 6400
KBD/Mouse : Cooler Master Octane Gaming Bundle - 4500
Cabinet: Corsair SPEC-03 - 4500
Monitor: Dell E2215HV 22" - 8890

total - 83815.
Open to reducing the final cost. Don't want to increase it.

Thanks

Edit: MOBO from B350 to AB350

Last edited:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Nice build. I guess you meant AsRock B350 motherboard?

You can get CPU at better prices than that. 16.5k is the max for Ryzen 1600. I've bought for ~16k at binary world, SP road.

I have not tested this yet on system since I'm waiting for the stable bios release for my motherboard to support 3200Mhz RAM but there are reports Ryzen performs best with higher RAM speeds. I went with G.SKill 3200Mhz dual 8GB kit. I can benchmark this in few days if you are not buying yet. :)

I suggest you to accommodate SSD if possible. At least 120GB to put OS and most used apps. It wouldn't make much difference for gaming but overall responsiveness of the system will be drastic difference.

The monitor is a TN panel? Probably someone can suggest IPS panel here.

OP
Nitish07

Nitish07

Broken In
Nice build. I guess you meant AsRock B350 motherboard?

You can get CPU at better prices than that. 16.5k is the max for Ryzen 1600. I've bought for ~16k at binary world, SP road.

I have not tested this yet on system since I'm waiting for the stable bios release for my motherboard to support 3200Mhz RAM but there are reports Ryzen performs best with higher RAM speeds. I went with G.SKill 3200Mhz dual 8GB kit. I can benchmark this in few days if you are not buying yet. :)

I suggest you to accommodate SSD if possible. At least 120GB to put OS and most used apps. It wouldn't make much difference for gaming but overall responsiveness of the system will be drastic difference.

The monitor is a TN panel? Probably someone can suggest IPS panel here.

Planning to buy in the next 15 days if everything goes well. Do let me know your benchmarks. Also, can you share your build config?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Playing a game on SSD than on HDD makes a huge difference..games load faster and good User experience.
Even installation is breeze

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Playing a game on SSD than on HDD makes a huge difference..games load faster and good User experience.
Even installation is breeze
Correct. I meant in terms of fps.

btw you need not buy separate cooler with Ryzen 1600. It comes with decent stock cooler. Put that money towards an ssd.

You can also save some money with other B350 motherboards. Asus and Gigabyte have good ones at ~8k.

Last edited:
Top Bottom