Build for around ~80K

PriyankB

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: AAA games like the new DOOM, Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3 at 1080p(don't want to go for 1440p or 4K) at ~60 FPS.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80K-85K give or take 2-3K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 20-23 inches, 5ms max, 60Hz minimum of course.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Nothing in particular

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: A few weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. It will probably be assembled from a computer store.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Yes I am planning to buy from Chandni Chowk, probably MD Computers. Any suggestion of a reliable store will also be much appreaciated.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Yeah. I have a rough build put down:

Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB AMP! Edition - My Custom Build - PriyankB's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker India

Though any advice on making it better or more cost effective will be greatly appreciated.

**NOTE**: Do not go by costs listed on PCPartPicker, it only references amazon.in which has ridiculously high prices on everything compared to the retail market here.

Some MAJOR doubts I have are:

1.) Right now I have decided on GTX 1060 6GB but I can't decide which AIB to go for. I was thinking of MSI, but I saw a few cases of really poor customer service reported online. Of course, ideally I wouldn't have to bother with customer service for a few years atleast but I don't know how far or close to reality that scenario is :p So can anyone tell me which brands are the most reliable, if there is any marked distinction to begin with, in terms of product longetivity and after sale service? Or is there anyone which people here feel is distinctly NOT reliable? Much thanks for reading this, all help with be appreciated.

2.)MOTHERBOARDS! Good god for the life of me I cannot make sense of all the mobo parameters. My first approach was to go for the cheapest one that supports intel 7th gen, gtx 1060 and HDMI. But then I read online that "buses" are the most bottlenecking element of any build, I assumed that "bus" would be part of the mobo but looking at their specifications, there is no explicit mention of bus. Sorry if this sounds really stupid, but I am grasping in the dark here. They do mention PCIe lanes and I wonder if thats the same thing? I threw a mobo in the above build as a place holder and its not something I have decided on; right now I am thinking of either B250 or H270 if the latter ensures a boost in performance or the former can cause some bottleneck(I am pretty much set on getting 8GB X 2 DDR4-2400MHz RAM). There are so many variants for each, B250 and H270 from so many manufacturers, I can't wrap my head around this. Would it be smart to get the mobo from the same manufacturer as the graphic card?

3.) Cases- Seems a simple enough choice but I read case design can be crucial as it may end up not being able to fit all the components or a better design will help with temperatures and proper wiring? Right now I am looking at Cooler Master K380/Master Box 5 or Corsair SPEC-3/200R.

4.)PSU- This one is simple. How much power do I need? PCpartpicker and other calculators online are telling me ~300W I read the official recommendation for gtx 1060 was 400W but I read a few amazon comments that said gtx 1060 needed 500W minimum?

This is pretty much it. Much thanks for taking time to read all this. I am really looking forward to your advice, so glad to have found this forum. All help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -85K

1. Processor - AMD R5 1600 -16500,
  2. Motherboard - Asus Prime X370 Pro -13000,
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -5000,
  4. GPU - Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC -21500,
  5. HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  6. SMPS - Seasonic M12II 520w -7000,
  7. Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
  8. SSD - Crucial MX300 275GB -6000,
  9. KB/Mouse - Thermaltake Commander -3500.
  10. TOTAL -85,000.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Go with Ryzen 1600 and also Choose AMD Rx 480/580 instead of Nvidia 1060 for GPU so that you can use FREESYNC with that LG freesync monitor .. read more about freesync , don't miss this..

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Build
Budget -77K

Intel Core i5 7500 -16000,
Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
Seasonic M12II 620w Evo -7000,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
HIS RX480 IceQ X2 Roaring Turbo -23000,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -8000.
TOTAL -77,000.

Buy all components from mdcomputers.in

AMD Build
Budget -80.5K

AMD R5 1600 -16500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
Seasonic M12II 620w Evo -7000,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
HIS RX480 IceQ X2 Roaring Turbo -23000,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -8000.
TOTAL -80,500.

Buy all components from mdcomputers.in

OP
P

PriyankB

Right off the assembly line
Thanks to both. I will be looking into Freesync.

I forgot to mention that I would also need to get Windows 10.

@bssunilreddy : Would it be ok to drop SSD to make the budget work? If I go for the intel build, would the Asus B250 Prime Plus be better choice than the Gigabyte?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to both. I will be looking into Freesync.

I forgot to mention that I would also need to get Windows 10.

@bssunilreddy : Would it be ok to drop SSD to make the budget work? If I go for the intel build, would the Asus B250 Prime Plus be better choice than the Gigabyte?
yup, Asus B250 Prime Plus is a solid ATX board. It will also be more expensive than the mATX Gigabyte board bssunilreddy suggested. Both are good choices according to your budget.

I don't think it makes much point to go for Intel if you aren't overclocking i.e. buying i5-7600K or i7-770K + Z270 motherboard. AMD the way to go otherwise.

i5-7500 will be choked on all 4 threads. Ryzen 5 1600 will have lot of room with 6 core / 12 threads.

Think about the long run.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
If you go for AMD, x370 mobo is overkill considering overclocking is not required. Get a cheaper A320/B350 mobo instead.
Also, it is wiser to go for AMD build these days, considering the extra cores/threads you would get.

89praveen

Broken In
If you go for AMD, x370 mobo is overkill considering overclocking is not required. Get a cheaper A320/B350 mobo instead.
Also, it is wiser to go for AMD build these days, considering the extra cores/threads you would get.
Totally agree ....x370 is only for enthusiast ..any b250 mobo.is good as it supports 3000+ mhz ram...go for rx580....they r more value for money..
R5 1600
Asrock b250 m pro4 mobo
8gb ddr4 ram
256gb ssd
1tb HDD
Rx580 8gb gpu
Antec vp550 psu..

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

ssb1551

Technomancer
Totally agree ....x370 is only for enthusiast ..any b250 mobo.is good as it supports 3000+ mhz ram...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I think that is valid only if one overclocks. For eg. if I buy DDR4 3000 MHz RAM and run it in a B350 MoBo that supports 3000MHz RAM frequency without overclocking then it will run at 2400MHz. That is my understanding though. Let the other experienced and knowledgeable members comment on it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that is valid only if one overclocks. For eg. if I buy DDR4 3000 MHz RAM and run it in a B350 MoBo that supports 3000MHz RAM frequency without overclocking then it will run at 2400MHz. That is my understanding though. Let the other experienced and knowledgeable members comment on it.
Whatever motherboard you buy, go to its spec page on the manufacturer's website and look for compatible RAM kits.

Buy only validated RAM kits for AMD. Currently the situation is, one 3000 Mhz RAM kit will end up running at 2400 Mhz, and the other one from the same manufacturer won't. So, check the list on motherboard's website and then buy.

Top Bottom