Budget PC for 30K

getvmurali

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office work with S/W like MS Office and browsers. For multimedia (watching Full HD Movies). If Possible it should have very good audio output (2.1 possible?)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K (+5K)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10 and some Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Should be capable of playing Full HD videos. Size should be less than 20"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I can build it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai. Please mention good place to buy

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need to have WiFi receiver. I have place constraint and hence need to keep the monitor on top of the CPU. So please suggest cabinet accordingly.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -33.2K

Intel Pentium G4560 -5400,
MSI H110M-Pro-VD -4600,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -4200,
Cooler Master Force 500 -2700,
Antec VP450P -3000,
WD Caviar 1TB Blue (WD10EZEX) 7200RPM -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ 22" LED IPS -9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -33,200.

Don't ever go with Corsair VS Series PSU's.
Link for Processor: Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560 (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz)

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
Budget -33.2K

MSI H110M-Pro-VD -4600,
Antec VP450P -3000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -33,200.

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please suggest where in Chennai I can buy.

I think the monitor will not fit in my place...maybe need to look for something small

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
Budget -33.2K

MSI H110M-Pro-VD -4600,
Antec VP450P -3000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -33,200.

Well Iam not able to get G4560 in Chennai Market.
I will not be able to buy from Online, since I will have to get the entire PC with proper bill, so that we can include it as part of office assets.

Can you suggest i3 or AMD configuration, that is available in Chennai. Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well Iam not able to get G4560 in Chennai Market.
I will not be able to buy from Online, since I will have to get the entire PC with proper bill, so that we can include it as part of office assets.

Can you suggest i3 or AMD configuration, that is available in Chennai. Thanks

What? Reputed online sellers give proper bill. No other intel/amd value for money config will fit into your budget. (at least not till Ryzen 3 and AM4 APUs are launched)

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
What? Reputed online sellers give proper bill. No other intel/amd value for money config will fit into your budget. (at least not till Ryzen 3 and AM4 APUs are launched)

I agree they give bill. But for accounting process and compliance it is better to have all items in one bill. With all the components in one bill it becomes a PC (as per our auditor advice).

What would be the cost of base i3 rig?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is getting out of stock very soon(a very good indicator of how popular it is). Just ask them to keep one in reserve for you but don't pay more than 5.5k for this processor.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well you acquired all components say in your name or in your business's name and then gave those parts to someone to assemble a pc for you. Should not be a problem to create an asset in your books.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Office assets are supposed to be audited so you just can't purchase them in your name,bill must be in the name of office/company & needs to be present in office.It also means same shop should sell parts & assemble it to make a single bill,not like parts are bought from different places & assembled at another place resulting in more than 1 bill for a single pc.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
No luck guys. Still iam not able to get the processor here in chennai. Most of the dealers have only 4400. Very few (and not so reliable) has G4560 but quote 7K+

Can anyone here help me with a reliable dealer in Chennai. (Note: I have already spoken with Delta and Supreme, but no luck)

sumit05

In the zone
No luck guys. Still iam not able to get the processor here in chennai. Most of the dealers have only 4400. Very few (and not so reliable) has G4560 but quote 7K+

Can anyone here help me with a reliable dealer in Chennai. (Note: I have already spoken with Delta and Supreme, but no luck)

Get it from online only here.
Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560 (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz)
or
INTEL PROCESSOR PENTIUM DUAL CORE G4560 (INTEL 7TH GEN, LGA1151 SOCKET, 3M CACHE, UP TO 3.50 GHz)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Sincere apologies for jumping in with off-topic observation, but if its not too late to answer,
can anyone tell me, why exactly do we have this question
"4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?"
in the "must-fill" template again?

Are we asking the question to include an OS cost in the budget ?

Or, are we under the presumption that user would already have a bootable OS at his disposal to start off with the newly configured rig? ( this does not happen very often for one building a PC from scratch now days, not with Windows 10, unless....)

In which case, are we suggesting hardware in a way which would differ based on some convoluted way should user choose different OS, are we nerds that big?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ For most suggestions, price of OS isn't included in the list. I guess it is there for cases when people want to stick with older OSs like Windows 7. Components who have drivers for that particular OS available would be prioritized. Sometimes the OS is blocked for installation on a particular hardware (IIRC like Win 7 on kabylake).

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^ For most suggestions, price of OS isn't included in the list. I guess it is there for cases when people want to stick with older OSs like Windows 7. Components who have drivers for that particular OS available would be prioritized. Sometimes the OS is blocked for installation on a particular hardware (IIRC like Win 7 on kabylake).

So basically we are saying that buy a brand new PC but stick to your old HDD because you had windows 7 on it? That also immediately defeats the Q/A for this

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Unless someone is planning to sail with the wind in the black-flag way of OS installation, Transmigration of Windows from old hardware signature to a new is not cakewalk.

User will have to use Windows System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) to generalize the installation first, that too in an Un-upgraded windows version ( in case its upgraded one from an earlier version , he has to edit Windows registry a bit before generalizing Windows installation with Sysprep).

Lets not forget that besides above, transfer of the 10 product key over to the new machine need to be followed up with MS.

Its not a suggestion , but I believe its better to educate new users on PC buying guide about the OS he's going to use from a Buyer's perspective, to let them know about the cost it associates.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
So basically we are saying that buy a brand new PC but stick to your old HDD because you had windows 7 on it? That also immediately defeats the Q/A for this

Unless someone is planning to sail with the wind in the black-flag way of OS installation, Transmigration of Windows from old hardware signature to a new is not cakewalk.

User will have to use Windows System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) to generalize the installation first, that too in an Un-upgraded windows version ( in case its upgraded one from an earlier version , he has to edit Windows registry a bit before generalizing Windows installation with Sysprep).

Lets not forget that besides above, transfer of the 10 product key over to the new machine need to be followed up with MS.

Its not a suggestion , but I believe its better to educate new users on PC buying guide about the OS he's going to use from a Buyer's perspective, to let them know about the cost it associates.

The reason that I didn't mention about the OS is that we have a WIN 7 and WIN 10 licenced copy (Which was used in an older PC). So we are basically planing to use all the SWs that we have in the current setup to the new one.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Win 7 will install on Kabylake processors but MS has recently stopped providing non-security/non-critical windows updates to system running win 7/8.1 on kabylake processors,only critical security updates will be provided by MS on such systems.

Top Bottom