BSNL BB 900 'really unlimited' plan

nilanko

Banned
Is there any BSNL BB plan having a monthly rental of Rs. 900 with 4 Mbps connectivity speed that never reduces to something lower after crossing any certain limit? I am asking this because, I'm am not exactly sure which plan I actually have ( :lol: ) ... I just answered "900 Unlimited" when I was asked for the plan which I wanted to opt by BSNL guys while obtaining the connection. I saw on BSNL website about the "900 ULD"(<--pl. note) -- it was written: "4Mbps upto 8 GB, then 256Kbps onwards". I received a small form filled by BSNL guys ... the plan was mentioned as "900ULFC"(<--pl. note again). When I asked about that speed limit from the BSNL guys who came for modem installation and setup, they said there is no such speed limit, they said speed would remain 4Mbps only, no reduction after any limit. But I don't trust at all about what he said. Is there really any such plan which the BSNL guy mentioned of? :-?

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
...that's sad news :( I wish they were correct.

But what is the difference between 900ULD(Unlimited Download with Differential speed) and 900ULFC(Unlimited Download..., then ??) plans? :-?

abhidev

Human Spambot
@nilanko - now that u hv taken the plan why don't you track it yourself if the speed remains constant even after 8gb limit....let us know if the speed remains constant...i would switch to that plan then :D

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
@nilanko - now that u hv taken the plan why don't you track it yourself if the speed remains constant even after 8gb limit....let us know if the speed remains constant...i would switch to that plan then :D
There are softwares like Dumeter in windows, they can alert you when you reaches 8 or 10GB limit.

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
There is a 10 GB limit. Then it reduces to 256 kbps
Now that's something new I have read. :-?
I have a usage meter installed but installed it quite later...I don't know how much I downloaded before installing that meter. So, there lies the problem. :neutral:

Again asking, what is the difference between 900ULD(Unlimited Download with Differential speed) and 900ULFC(Unlimited Download..., then ??) plans? :roll:

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
^^I have already gone for that plan...please be on topic and try to answer my question if possible.

sygeek

Technomancer
I'm not sure, just a random guess, ULD = reduced speed after going beyond the FUP (limit). ULFC = $/kb after going beyond FUP.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I checked the BSNL website. Where is the so called 900ULFC posted?

.:Unlimited Home Only:.

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
I checked the BSNL website. Where is the so called 900ULFC posted?

.:Unlimited Home Only:.
It's not there that's why asking. The BSNL guys wrote and printed "900ULFC" on two forms they gave me. Is that "900ULFC" same as "900ULD"?

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
Bad news: As soon as I crossed 8GB, the download speed immediately shot down to ~30 KBps from ~500KBps. BSNL's plans ****. :x It would have been better if the downgrade was to 1Mbps or atleast 512Kbps. 256Kbps really ***** for bulky downloads :x Browsing is OK. But if you're browsing while downloading, the download speed appears similar to dial up speeds. > : - ( A sudden downgrade from 500KBps to 30KBps is really unbearable. :(

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
Bad news: As soon as I crossed 8GB, the download speed immediately shot down to ~30 KBps from ~500KBps. BSNL's plans ****. :x It would have been better if the downgrade was to 1Mbps or atleast 512Kbps. 256Kbps really ***** for bulky downloads :x Browsing is OK. But if you're browsing while downloading, the download speed appears similar to dial up speeds. > : - ( A sudden downgrade from 500KBps to 30KBps is really unbearable. :(

Thanks for the warning . I was seriously considering switching to ULD 900 from 625 , those Employees are ..... anyways , why did i even consider taking theirr word to be true.

If you high downloads , i would suggest UL 600C. 2.5 GB for Browsing , Night Unlimited , you'll get 4GB/night download .

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
Thanks for the warning . I was seriously considering switching to ULD 900 from 625 , those Employees are ..... anyways , why did i even consider taking theirr word to be true.

If you high downloads , i would suggest UL 600C. 2.5 GB for Browsing , Night Unlimited , you'll get 4GB/night download .

True. Those stupid BSNL employees know absolutely nothing. I hate that night unlimited one too. My dad would burn me alive if he finds the PC on for the whole night anyway. :x A better plan would be the 1350UL one: 4Mbps upto 20GB, then 512Kbps onwards.:)

mitraark

Decrepit
My dad would burn me alive if he finds the PC on for the whole night anyway. :x A better plan would be the 1350UL one: 4Mbps upto 20GB, then 512Kbps onwards.:)

Your Dad would be mad if you keep your PC on for 6 Hours in the night , but its ok to download at 512kbps , which only gives about 200 MB/hour ?

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
What to do...it's like that only..these aged dads know nothing about modern generation guys. For him, 300GB hard disk is like "baap re baap...itna bada hard disk!", and for us, it's equal to nothing. :D

Do all these stupid BSNL UL plans have such speed limits? No plan with 'forever 2Mbps or 4 or 8 Mbps?' :(

eagle_y2j

Youngling
What to do...it's like that only..these aged dads know nothing about modern generation guys. For him, 300GB hard disk is like "baap re baap...itna bada hard disk!", and for us, it's equal to nothing. :D

:D my dad was recently talking about a TB HDD ....

Do all these stupid BSNL UL plans have such speed limits? No plan with 'forever 2Mbps or 4 or 8 Mbps?' :(
here are some plans BB Plans for Home & Business Users with Unlimited Usage with almost no speed crap *

OP
nilanko

nilanko

Banned
^^Oh there are! If I had the BBG UL 15000 plan, I would have downloaded the whole world!! :cool: Even the 9000 plan is good...but these cost too much. :(

lm2k

Journeyman
No need to stay awake whole nite u can use scheduler in u r download manager along with auto shutdown option.
Browse in daylite and just leave u r pc on during nite.
It does work,one nite and 4gb would be poured to ur hdd from the wire! Else with 512kbps practical dwnd speed would be 40kbps and for 4gb it would take some 29hrs=electricity and time wasted! Go for the nite unlimited plan.

Top Bottom