BPL ,VU or Leading Brands. 32" to 40"

IamMrH

Broken In
1. Budget - 25k
2. Display type and size - 32 or 40 inch
3. Primary use of Tv/monitor - watching Prime Video, Netflix, Hotstar TV (mostly football), Occasional use of laptop, Movies from USB (rules out Sanyo just for this.
4. Ports Required - Minimum 2 HDMI
5. Preferred choice of brand - Open to all
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration - BPL 40 inch with Firestick, VU 39 inch with Firestick or LG 32inch Smart
7. Any other info that you want to share. - TV will be in a 10 x 10 ft room and the viewing distance will be 5-7 feet.

I have zeroed in on BPL (22k + 4k) , VU (20.5k after 10% discount +4k) & LG (25k) but can't able to decide which one to go for.

My Pros & Cons:

BPL:

Pros - 40 inch, Trusted Brand, Amazon Service, Free installation with wall mount.
Cons: Not displayed in any showroom to see the demo & clarity, No IPS display, Poor sound. ( Have a Logitech z623 to connect so not a big issue)

VU:

Pros - 39 inch, IPS Display, Free installation with wall mount.
Cons: Not sure of the brand and it's after sale service. Not displayed in any showroom to see the demo & clarity, Flipkart Service.

LG with webos3.0 :

Pros - Smart Tv, Wireless Display (WiDi), Supports all the apps i need like Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar. Reputed Brand, Can have a demo at local store.

Cons - 32 inch , and cant think of any.

Please help me decide and let me know if the infos i mentioned above are wrong.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Buying a smart TV is a bad choice if you are on a low budget. A non-smart TV with Chromecast or Firestick does almost the same at a very lower price.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Display is nice! perfectly fine.
Sound is below average. But no complaints when on cable TV.
Playing anything on USB/miBox has LOUD music and explosions, and barely audible dialogues. But this is the problem about almost ALL tv's IMHO

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Videocon used to import/manufacture panels for Philips LED TVs a few years back & I have found their picture quality to be good enough for the price in 2014.If one wants to get a cheap LED TV which is available in tv showrooms for demo then videocon is the only option.I don't trust any brand which I can not demo & don't recommend to buy a TV based purely on online reviews.

Top Bottom