Boarding School - pros and cons

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi Guys ,

I want to know about reputated boarding school for my son for next year. He will be 4 yrs. by then. Please suggest preferly in North India region and also mention it's annual fee.
And Is there any other online forum to discuss these issues? If yes, do post their links here. Thanks a lot for your support.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You're sending your 4 year old kid to boarding school? Isn't the world brutal enough for him already?

Last edited:

Hrishi

Re: Boarding School in North India

It's too early to send him to boarding school . isn't it ?

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak

Well , if he gets admission early in boarding school then he will up come all the boarding chaos and confusions if admitted later. And once he gets in then we, including him, had not to worry about his overall performance till he cleared 12th standard.
This may further infuse discipline,sports activities and he would be comfortable in unversity hostel life afterwards .

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I don't think its good for the child to be subjected to hostel life this early from a mental and emotional point of view. People learn whole life and adjust when required. Hostel in college years or even class 11th-12th is justified, not before that.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak

Hmmm everyone has his own point of view. And my family also support the same.
BTW I'm not here to start a new debate on sending kids to hostel.
You may ans. my query I have asked :neutral:

But thats just bullshit! I offend it. Put him in a normal school, you are better off with that. or dont have him study anywhere.

PS to mods: Ban me if i offend you. I cant let a person destry a 4yo life.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: If you want to neglect him, why do you even have a son? you said that you wont have to worry about his performance in school! you know what? serious bullshit! im so ****ing angry! why you do this?!

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak

[MENTION=2744]nikhil[/MENTION]_Sharma
Why are u so serious about this consideration. I am just planning about this and hav'nt send him yet. We have to scrutinize various facts before the final go. Or the idea may be dropped also.

bikramjitkar

In the zone

I agree with [MENTION=146650]nikhilsharma007nikx[/MENTION] . How can any parent even think of sending off their kid who has barely learnt to walk and talk to live among complete strangers? I don't care if this offends anyone, but you might as well put him up for adoption.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

uh If anyone has contrarian opinions, start a thread. Else, stick to answering OPs question. Don't give unasked for advice.
There is nothing wrong with boarding school. It's not like he is abandoning his kid, he is doing something good and healthy, in fact giving the best education and you guys are stopping him because of your small minded outdated paranoid primitive beliefs.

bikramjitkar

In the zone

uh If anyone has contrarian opinions, start a thread. Else, stick to answering OPs question. Don't give unasked for advice.
There is nothing wrong with boarding school. It's not like he is abandoning his kid, he is doing something good and healthy, in fact giving the best education and you guys are stopping him because of your small minded outdated paranoid primitive beliefs.

And which boarding school guarantees that a 4 year old will be an IIT/IIM grad someday? I'm not saying that boarding schools are bad, but this borders on child abuse. Anyway, I'm out of this thread.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

unasked, free advice: no hostel in school life. yes hostel in college/uni life.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Well , if he gets admission early in boarding school then he will up come all the boarding chaos and confusions if admitted later. And once he gets in then we, including him, had not to worry about his overall performance till he cleared 12th standard.
This may further infuse discipline,sports activities and he would be comfortable in unversity hostel life afterwards .

Looks like you are not too keen to deal with the daily ****.

Gollum

Collector

Hi Guys ,

I want to know about reputated boarding school for my son for next year. He will be 4 yrs. by then. Please suggest preferly in North India region and also mention it's annual fee.
And Is there any other online forum to discuss these issues? If yes, do post their links here. Thanks a lot for your support.

Well , if he gets admission early in boarding school then he will up come all the boarding chaos and confusions if admitted later. And once he gets in then we , including him, had not to worry about his overall performance till he cleared 12th standard.

*emotional mode ON*
Mate, good luck. Your kid will have no love for you when you are old and probably put you in an old age home saying that you did not take care of him when he needed you the most.

For highlighted content.
your statement is sounds very cold.
"Yeah, we made a kid, now all we gotta do is pay for his expenses at the school and everything will be easy and set for the next 12+ years."

*Emotional mode OFF*

Then again, who am I to say. Its your kid and your decision.

Edit: You might wanna send him to Dehradun when he is in say 3rd or 4th grade. Before that, he needs your love and care.
One of my college buddies went to Boarding when he was in 1st grade. His parent didn't call him for weeks on end when he was in college. And he was okay with that. He used to not go back home in holidays like the rest of the kids.
But he wasn't the only kid of his parents.

Last edited:

*emotional mode ON*
Mate, good luck. Your kid will have no love for you when you are old and probably put you in an old age home saying that you did not take care of him when he needed you the most.

For highlighted content.
your statement is sounds very cold.
"Yeah, we made a kid, now all we gotta do is pay for his expenses at the school and everything will be easy and set for the next 12+ years."

*Emotional mode OFF*

Then again, who am I to say. Its your kid and your decision.
Agreed!

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak

[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]
You missed the term "including him" there.

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]
It only looks to you. I had already said that ...
I am just planning about this and hav'nt send him yet. We have to scrutinize various facts before the final go. Or the idea may be dropped also.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

It is the time to be together. You will have enough time when he will live away from you.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

oh nothing will happen
there are still vacations, it is a great environment. @OP I suggest you take opinion from those who have gone to boarding school or those who send their children to such schools instead of those who have avoided it for whatever reason

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

oh nothing will happen
there are still vacations, it is a great environment. @OP I suggest you take opinion from those who have gone to boarding school or those who send their children to such schools instead of those who have avoided it for whatever reason

4 years.

Gollum

Collector
*www.digit.in/forum/fight-club/193276-boarding-school-pros-cons.html

[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]
You missed the term "including him" there.

oh I got it now. when someone is so bad at parenting the kids are better off living away . my bad I misunderstood

Top Bottom