Votes: 34 34.0%
  • I will sit lame @ home..

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
yeas congress sucks big time.......i wanted to support some party but after seeign these ppl in LS...........i feel these ppl are not woth voting.........see them in LS channel fighting at each other........shame....

financial crisis,marathi regionalism,etc etc really upsets me with pres gov

will vote for some new party if UNPA is formed.......better than these two foolish party......or else someone suggest some good party i wil vote..............fedup seeing so many pathetic situations in INDIA/We need to have more unity among ppl.....regionalism,casteism,poverty are the biggest issues today(n many others...)......hope someone comes to solve hem in future

karnivore

in your face..
esumitkumar said:
so wat do u do ? u go to vote or not ..?
Till 5-6 years ago I did more than just vote. Now I just vote
esumitkumar said:
I am not supporting HMA..I am saying one UCC should be enacted for everybody who is present in India no matter what he is...(One Indian can take divorce by saying talaq talaq talaq and another Indian has to run to courts for years to take divorce ! Why this partiality ? ) do u know concept of Jury duty in US ? Once u become an american citizen , u cant refuse from jury duty saying ur religion doesnt allow it

Another classic example is reservation..One Indian and his all next generations get a special quota ..they get admission with lower marks and another Indian who has scored higher in entrance exam is not given admission as he is not SC/ST/OBC..again fking discrimination !
Common buddy, you are now shifting the goal post.
I am well aware of jury duty, and you know better that there are ways to get out of jury duty.
I support reservation at primary level, not in IITs and IIMs.
esumitkumar said:
I know ppl dont have now four wives but why their law still allows four wives ?? Even if some Indian has 4 wives police will not catch him just cuz he is of a particular religion
Agreed.
esumitkumar said:
well how can u say that was disastrous ? If in Assam,Bihar there is always flood and in Rajasthan,Gujarat there is always "SOOKHA" or no rain. whats the problem in linking the rivers ???? Please explain your point in detail
Sorry can’t give you the detail, but perhaps Mr Google can help you. Anyway, I had these two bookmarks, which I can share with you. Read a little bit on Amu-Darya project and its disastrous effect on Aral sea. Then read this opened by V. Rajamani, Professor of Geology at JNU, Delhi. Tinkering with nature, beyond a threshold is always disastrous.
esumitkumar said:
..but how about Nuclear test ? do u consider it useless ? in spite of all threats frm Pak and China ! Why Congress had not the guts to do it again after 1974 ? They were just freaking afraid of USA ? In congress I adore only one PM and that was Indira Gandhi !! we need some ironlady/ironman as PM not some lallu panju !
About the nuclear test, I am split in two. More than the nuclear blast, I was happy that we could beat the Yankees in their own game of hide n seek. On the other hand, we achieved little from the blast, if you keep the overflowing nationalism in check. The embargo that followed the blasts almost crippled our nuclear plants and defense research, and even some civil projects (funding got cut). If you think in Real (material) terms, there was no gain.
Strangely though, I find Ms Gandhi, to be one of the worst PMs of India. Remember Emergency, Bhindranwale (Khalistan movement), turning Congress into family property etc.
esumitkumar said:
How ? India is a Hindu Majority country ! and in our religion cow is considered as mother...
Whats the harm in banning cow slaughter ?
India is constitutionally secular country. It does not matter which religion is the majority. That’s why it is ethically incorrect to ban cow slaughter. Next the muslims would ask for ban on slaughter of swine.
And I can actually refer to hymns from Hindu scriptures that profess cow/ox slaughter and beef eating. But lets not get there. But let me quote you only:
esumitkumar said:
There were many things said in religious books........kya tum sabko maante ho ?
Those things were in old times ..Todays things are changed in today's perspective ...

esumitkumar said:
Our country is the most secular..We dont have any problem peacefully living with other religions...In fact Hindu Dharma is the most tolerant of all religions...and Its in India only we can have a Muslim President, Sikh PM and first woman PM..in the whole world..I have many Muslim close frnds and I never differentiate b/w them and my Hindu frnds !

Have u ever seen Pakistan's state of Affairs ? How Hindu minority is living there ? How free are they to practice their religion and worship ?
Is Hindu Dharma the most tolerant of all religions ? Not considering Buddhism or Jainism, compared to the Abrahamic religions, it is indeed tolerant. But it is intolerant in a different way. It simply refuses to recognize other religion by shoehorning those into its scriptures. There is a reason why Buddhism is virtually non-existing in the land of its birth.
esumitkumar said:
Thats the gr8est thing which most educated ppl do ...Please dont vote and play safe..Country BJP chalaye ya congress mujhe kya ????? Mere ko kya fark padega ? right ? aisa hee soch k hazaron lakho ppl dont vote..they dont voice their opinion..so who wins..not democracy..but only a handful powerful ppl who want to always remain in power !
You are forgetting, that voting is legal right, NOT compulsory. NOT voting is also a right. Just as voting is expression of opinion, NOT voting is an expression of opinion – negative opinion. In a democratic system, not voting is equivalent to saying, “I don’t like any of the candidates and hence I refuse to choose any of you.” Please explain, why negative opinion is NOT an opinion.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ But isn't NOT voting different and less effective from NO Voting ( *timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1030221.cms ) ?

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
^^ But isn't NOT voting different and less effective from NO Voting ( *timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1030221.cms ) ?
Hmmm, can't really agree there Pathik. If you're given the option of getting whipped by a cane or a whiplash, or not getting whipped at all, what would you choose?

Anyway, these parties are bloodsuckers anyway. In any case, they're only interested in narrow minded appeasement of someone/thing or another. Anyhow, if I feel like I'd be whipped more or less by someone, I can choose to show my dissent that I wouldn't liked to be whipped by anyone.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
A request: PLEASE don't laugh(except at jokes(you'll know!)) after reading the content of this post. Politicians, please dont read this. Also, I'd like to declare that I can't vote(I'm still a minor:mrgreen:). Nevertheless, here's what I think:

The NDA was definitely better than the UPA! The falling economy and inflation(can't stress this enough... wait, I guess I can try: Inflation) are the proofs which are screaming in our face for attention.

BJP might be better but hey, they are still politicians! Not all of them are evil(All hail Mr. Modi!), but most of them are(in BJP as well as congress, UPA, any party!). The point is, no matter what we choose, a bad apple "destroys" the bunch(I've always wanted to say that!). Corruption, even in little amounts can lead to decay of the whole system!

When I say whole, I mean whole! look at what happened to Sourabh Ganguly due to politics(Mr. Pawar, please look away).

I've said this before, I'll say this again:-
This might lead to a trapped feeling. That's what causes most of us to gape at other countries and try to find jobs elsewhere. It might appear as if, there's no way out. But there is!!! Consider trying to enter politics yourself out of frustration caused by the existing politicians! If a group of nice people do so, India will rise from its ashes!

One may argue that no one will vote for a political newbie!Well, that IS the problem! Common folks here just don't vote for anyone because they give a damn for the country. They just seek someone who is of their caste! Or someone related to them! Or someone who will give them reservations or any kind of previlage. This reminds me of elections in schools. Candidates offer free ice-cream etc!!!!!
So, unless Indians wake up and think of this alternative, there can be no common progress! <Sigh!> I can only wait for such a future (or rather hope for existence of such a future!)
We have democracy! We should use it!(Yet again, I'm feeling like a dork:oops:! Any supporters?)

@esumitkumar: Good thing you created this one, I could almost see admins getting angry about the use of Random news as Fight Club!

Also,
2. We are getting in every part of India 24 hrs power supply, safe drinking water,crime free society etc etc

Don't joke about matters like that, dude! It really hurts!;)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It wasn't by choice, mind you. Oil pool crisis led to liberalization. Once that step was taken, there was no turning back.

I don't know why the government is buffering the social costs of owning a vehicle. If oil costs so much to the governments, the people with vehicles should bear the total costs of the oil. This means that a lot of people will opt for public transport, which is good for the economy and the ecology. The parking costs of vehicles in metropolitan cities are rediculously low. In fact, they are free in many places. Look at the prime location parking rates in cities like New York, London, Sydney or Tokyo, and you will know how little people owning vehicles are actually paying up.

Another classic example is reservation..One Indian and his all next generations get a special quota ..they get admission with lower marks and another Indian who has scored higher in entrance exam is not given admission as he is not SC/ST/OBC..again fking discrimination !

Reservation is a good thing. Although how it is implemented is totally irregular, to equalize the class devide, you totally need reservations. One example of this is that mosts scientists in India are from Upper class Hindu Brahmin families from South India.

Whats the harm in banning cow slaughter ?

Only that it is against the beliefs of another religion, and they don't care about the friggin cows, they care about the number of votes this step will get them.

@Ayodhya: so what if it was a Ram temple all those centuries ago. If we go on to correct every single historical mistake commited in this country, we will end up not taking pro-active steps for the future. The govt should not invest in anything at Ayodhya. If anything, a hospital or a school should be set up there using money from Hindu and Muslim funds. Now that would be something productive instead of another hell-hole of sacrilage.

WOW..what a gr8 point..see some of amazing works done by congress from 1947-1999.

(READ ALL IN SARCASM..the truth is just opposite)

1. We have beaten China in 1962 war and occupied most of the China area near Arunachal Pradesh.Chacha Nehru's mantra "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" has really worked

2. We are getting in every part of India 24 hrs power supply, safe drinking water,crime free society etc etc

3. Our roads are super freeways, Even American freeways and German Autobahns are nothing as compared to our roads

4. Our population is record lowest . Its lower even than America.( 33 crores)

5. We have fastest railways in whole world . Germany,France and Japan have borrowed Bullet Train technolgies from us..We have so much fast trains that we can reach from Delhi to Mumbai in just 3 hrs. (1407 kms)

6. We have totally stopped cross firing from BDR (Bangaladesh Rifles) In fact we have totally stopped Illegal Immigration ..Its a thing from the past

7. We are the most corrupt free country in the world

8. BY all above ..our economy is so strong that 1 Rs= 45 $ now :)

TOO MUCH hai na :D

Except point 8, none of this is the fault of the Congress. You expect the congress to stop Indians from breeding like rats? You expect the BJP can do that? Who started the "hum do hamare do" thing? Who developed health care and the mid day meal program. Go figure. These are inherent problems of India, unless we go communist or something, these problems will never be solved. Because of the rates of renumeration of the Beurocracy, corruption will awlays be there. Bangladeshis will continue to flee to India, and as humans have a right to escape terribly inhuman conditions and come to relatively less inhuman conditions. We should accomodate them, the same as we accomate refugees from Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Bangladeshis are people too, not lesser mongrels. The problem with the roads is not that the concrete is not of good quality, its just that the transportation people [illegaly] overload their trucks, something for which the highways were simply not designed. This was from a survey conducted by the UN to see how India was using world bank funds.

++1 ..OK so in ur area..Congress has worked ? so vote for them na ?

No. Actually, in my area, the Shiv Sena has worked. They really have. I am not a marathi manoos, and I am totally against some of their methods, but in my locality, they are the most promising goons around, they will probably end up in a BJP govt at the center, which will totally work for the most of you, but I still refuse to vote.

Thats the gr8est thing which most educated ppl do ...Please dont vote and play safe..Country BJP chalaye ya congress mujhe kya ????? Mere ko kya fark padega ? right ? aisa hee soch k hazaron lakho ppl dont vote..they dont voice their opinion..so who wins..not democracy..but only a handful powerful ppl who want to always remain in power !

I do care a damn. There are retards, illiterates, fanatics, lunatics and idiots out there, and all of them vote. I will vote if any one here can give me just ONE direct benefit of doing so. What good will my vote do to me? The country is going strong irrespective of the govt in the center. Less than 60% of the people cast their ballots, and you call this country a democracy. Elections are simple hilarious, its a comedy and a put up. Everyone knows who is going to win and for what reasons. Anti-incubancy is a decisive factor in every elections since independance. We just end up hating the govt that ruled for five years.

Anyway, these parties are bloodsuckers anyway. In any case, they're only interested in narrow minded appeasement of someone/thing or another. Anyhow, if I feel like I'd be whipped more or less by someone, I can choose to show my dissent that I wouldn't liked to be whipped by anyone.

+1

Vote for the BJP if you guys want. It will be "India Shining" all over again, and everyone will have a few laughs with them going on stage and putting on a comedy. The only good thing is we won't have bloodsucking leeches in power.

Whatever happened to the hammer and the sickle?

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^Communism? It's no match for Democracy! We are just not using democracy to its full extent! You mark my words: The day we really use democracy, we WILL be the best country there is!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^^ we don't deserve democracy. Democracy works only in a country where the entire population is educated and well informed. Fat chance of that between the govt and the media.

manishjha18

In the zone
hey bjp is good for our defence
my brother is in navy--he was telling me that bjp really took care of defence forces-
and yes they think george fernandes was the best defence minister till date.
and what more more all his colleague support bjp--

and for economics too bjp is a good party.industrial growth really soared up during their time.
i guess being pro bjp is like being pro mother india

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
@anorion:Everyone deserves a say! The population should know who to vote. Or, how to stand up in the elections itself (I'm not gonna repeat the contents of my previous post again! Read yourself, it's just above yours!). No one likes being ruled over! It's just that its not functioning well! If, its not functioning well, we shouldn't remove it altogether. We should not just learn to live with it, we should make the population aware! This requires time, but is the only way apart from the disgraceful ABANDON SHIP!

By the way, welcome new mod Anorion:lol:! Didn't spot that earlier!

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@aniron...

Finally one line that can be said correct.

@ esumit

U live in US btw r8?? .... then why are u even in this debate??..

and by reading ur statements i can clearly understand that u are very happy and supportive that all the BJP's policy to uphold Hinduism. i was referring to ur statements
regarding to the temple building and cow things.... and against the repel of HMA

U first have to understand what a true democratic secular nation is. This will not be tolerated or allowed in one. coz this will be just supporting of a particular religion.

And who i will vote. None. both bjp and congress or even commies dont deserve a vote. coz india is the worst democratic nation in the world.why should i support it. why should i support for some uneducated idiot to run my country. what could he possibly do for a common citizen.

last 60 years of independence.what have we achieved as a nation. dont say the roads,rockets,IT and stuff. what has it done to the most common man? How hard is a person to live in this nation? the living costs? the common facilities.?the job scene?

India is just a puppet nation now. a big pool of resource.

and esumit...u dont need to even read this..cost this matters with people who actually live here their life.. :)..

Most of us with education including me are looking or taking the way out from this mess.
this kinda debates are only good in papers fellows. beyond that they serve no purpose.

and if i have to vote it will be congress coz they do not encourage the racism and religiousness. but not saying that they are good. the other ones are too aggressive and biased.

Jerin

karnivore

in your face..
Sreevirus said:
If you're given the option of getting whipped by a cane or a whiplash, or not getting whipped at all, what would you choose?
EXACTLY.

Anorion said:
I don't know why the government is buffering the social costs of owning a vehicle. If oil costs so much to the governments, the people with vehicles should bear the total costs of the oil. This means that a lot of people will opt for public transport, which is good for the economy and the ecology. The parking costs of vehicles in metropolitan cities are rediculously low. In fact, they are free in many places. Look at the prime location parking rates in cities like New York, London, Sydney or Tokyo, and you will know how little people owning vehicles are actually paying up.
Perhaps you got me wrong. I was referring to the oil pool deficit of 1991, which reduced Foreign reserve to less than $ 1 billion, just enough to pay for a week's worth of foreign loan interest. By this time, thanks to Mr Rajib Gandhi, India was already in a debt trap (i.e. taking loan to pay a previous loan). When India went to World Bank for more money, they refused, because they feared that India was on the verge of being bankrupt. They suggested certain corrective measures, for the sake of collateral. Mr Manmohan Singh did not accept all of their proposals (and saved India from the fate of Argentina.) but opened up the economy, as one condition, and used Gold as collateral. (I still remember how the commie ba$tard$ cried shrill about it) The rest is history.

As with your query if by charging the car owners any oil crisis can be avoided. The answer is yes and no. Petrol is used in private cars. But diesel (and coal) is the backbone of the economy. By increasing petrol price, a fraction of the cost can be recovered. Govt. can't afford to increase the price of diesel beyond a threshold. That will increase transportation cost, manufacturing cost and all other incidental costs. That will increase the price of all goods. That will result in severe inflation. That will result in erosion of money value. And...you probably know the rest.

Petroleum does not (at least a year or so ago) cost as much as you think it does. The price shoots up after charging Excise duty (duty on manufacturing/ processing) and Central/ State sales tax (duty on sale) and Cess (duty on duty). Problem is, our Govt. earns a huge chunk of revenue from petroleum. So it can't afford to cut down on the duties.

Believe me, it is way more complicated.

Anorion said:
Democracy works only in a country where the entire population is educated and well informed.
NOPE. Democracy has nothing to do with education. Information and Consciousness are all that is needed for the democracy to work and visionary leaders are needed to make it a success story.

Last edited:
OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@madjeri..I am on a short term trip to US ...I am returning back in just some days..I dont live permanently in US..so shut up ur mouth saying I dont have a right to participate in this debate :x :x :x ..In fact u can urself see who is author of this thread !!!!!

and in fact even there are so many NRIs who help our country sending forex....arent they still Indian at heart ....dont they have any right to say ????

and if i have to vote it will be congress coz they do not encourage the racism and religiousness
hahaha..they promote minority (for their s**t vote bank) so much that we have no say in our own country..They are not stopping Raj from spreading marathi manoos :mad:and u r saying they dont promote racism

@Anorion

Its because of ppl like u that Bangladeshis have become so strong..u are saying they are also humans and all things ..blah blah blah ..agreed and see in return what they have done in Assam...

Terror struck the hub of North-East when over a dozen blasts ripped through commercial areas of the capital and three other districts on Thursday, killing 56 people and injuring 350 others.

The first of the 13 bombs, suspected to have been planted by Bangladesh-based HuJI members, went off simultaneously around 11.30 am under the Ganeshguri flyover, near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar here. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

NOW ALL SUPPORT stupid Manmohan and hail Sonia..Jai Congress :mad:
remove POTA and have bomb blasts everywhere ....Wow Congress really rocks !

Also BDR kills BSF jawans mostly and UPA does not care ..who cares for army :mad:

and u r saying we shud allow them to come and nurture them :confused:

Reservation is a good thing
Dr BR Ambedkar has said himself to put reservation for only 10 yrs and due to stupid vote bank politics Congress has made reservation continue up to this day ? and Anorion dont u support free competition ? SURVIVAL of the fittest ? Would u like to be treated by a less competitive SC/ST doctor who got selected in med college just by his caste (even though he wasnt good enuf in entrance exam marks) so that he can leave a scissor in ur stomach :lol:

and to all read my previous posts : Once again I repeat what I said :

1. Leave Mandir- Masjid one side..Its not going to help common man. Babar destroyed Mandir and Karsevaks destroyed Masjid..So leave all that as such

2. I am in favor of UCC..There should be same law for each Indian (I dunno how u ppl bring in b/w HMA, HUF :confused:)

3. About Cow : Thats my feeling..If u ppl like eating cow, its ur wish ....GO and Kill those simple creatures of Mother Earth and eat !

4. About communism :Thats GOOD...Our country has become a potfull of rats..Now only some danda , COMMUNISM like China or some Nationalistic Dictator can save it ...

karnivore

in your face..
esumitkumar said:
and in fact even there are so many NRIs who help our country sending forex....arent they still Indian at heart
The bulk of NRI investment in India is in Debt securities not in equity. So, lets just say, that they are not doing any favour. They are just creating debt.

esumitkumar said:
1. Leave Mandir- Masjid one side..Its not going to help common man. Babar destroyed Mandir and Karsevaks destroyed Masjid..So leave all that as such

2. I am in favor of UCC..There should be same law for each Indian (I dunno how u ppl bring in b/w HMA, HUF :confused:)

3. About Cow : Thats my feeling..If u ppl like eating cow, its ur wish ....GO and Kill those simple creatures of Mother Earth and eat !

4. About communism :Thats GOOD...Our country has become a potfull of rats..Now only some danda , COMMUNISM like China or some Nationalistic Dictator can save it ...
1. We want to leave these things behind. But, surprise surprise, which party is not letting it go ?

2. If you do not understand how HUF and HMA are involved then you understand jack about UCC. You are only parroting a nationalistic line, which has made you believe that UCC will only tighten the screw against the muslims, and the hindus can have their way. Epic fail

3. You just can't ban cow slaughter. Not supporting the ban does not mean we have to go and feast on beef. It is an ethical stand. Thats all.

4. Communism is a failed system. No person wants that.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^thats y I have created this debate so that we all know the unknown things....

now explain to me what are Debt securities ???
and what has UCC has to do with HMA and HUF? Please explain in DETAIL ...

how communism is failed ? Isnt US now feary of China progress and growth :)

I found an interesting piece of code frm wiki about UCC :

Muslims are also funded for the Hajj, a pilgrimage to Mecca and subsidies for their religious schools (Madrassas). On one hand, Government of India provides subsidy to Muslim to perform Haj; on other hand, Government of India bound them to fly through government airlines and also gets subsidy from Saudi Arabia for services providing to Indian Muslims,

whereas Hindus claim they are accorded no similar privilege for their own pilgrimages or religious schools by the Government of India. Not only are Hindus not accorded any special privileges despite being the majority, they are even made to pay for subsidies to Muslims and Christians pilgrimages and religious education.

Christians are also given separate standards for divorce—which is more difficult for them than it is for Hindus.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Karnivore

The dynamics of geopolitics need not be analysed in intricate detail for everyone to KNOW that the UN/US blackmailed India into trade liberalisation against its own principles, and policies enshrined in the National Constitution.

Communism has not failed. China is doing great. The anti-communism propoganda by the media in the west smothered it, and in-fighting amongst communists over ideologies fragmented it, but the basic foundations are robust enough, and the only thing that can save India from the present situation. That or the imaginary benovolent dictatorship. A lot of non-voters believe this to be the case anyway.

@ esumitkumar
non-voting is not about shrugging responsibilities, betraying the nation or simply not caring. It is about understanding that there is no, zilch, nada benefit to the individual on casting his or her vote.
And don't judge all the inhabitants of a Nation based on what a bunch of them did. If India were to be judged based on what Raj Thackeray is doing, or those guys at Anand Marg, we'd have a pretty bad impression indeed.

If only everyone were atheists, half the problem would be solved, and politics would address more serious issues.

SOME of the people in the BJP can beat ALL the people in the Congress. Advani or Shushma Swaraj to name a few. If only they could bring themselves about to kick the Hindutva agenda.

zatang

Broken In
@madjeri..I am on a short term trip to US ...I am returning back in just some days..I dont live permanently in US..so shut up ur mouth saying I dont have a right to participate in this debate :x :x ..In fact u can urself see who is author of this thread !!!!!

and in fact even there are so many NRIs who help our country sending forex....arent they still Indian at heart ....dont they have any right to say ????

hahaha..they promote minority (for their s**t vote bank) so much that we have no say in our own country..They are not stopping Raj from spreading marathi manoos :mad:and u r saying they dont promote racism

@Anorion

Its because of ppl like u that Bangladeshis have become so strong..u are saying they are also humans and all things ..blah blah blah ..agreed and see in return what they have done in Assam...

Terror struck the hub of North-East when over a dozen blasts ripped through commercial areas of the capital and three other districts on Thursday, killing 56 people and injuring 350 others.

The first of the 13 bombs, suspected to have been planted by Bangladesh-based HuJI members, went off simultaneously around 11.30 am under the Ganeshguri flyover, near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar here. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

NOW ALL SUPPORT stupid Manmohan and hail Sonia..Jai Congress :mad:
remove POTA and have bomb blasts everywhere ....Wow Congress really rocks !

Also BDR kills BSF jawans mostly and UPA does not care ..who cares for army :mad:

and u r saying we shud allow them to come and nurture them :confused:

Dr BR Ambedkar has said himself to put reservation for only 10 yrs and due to stupid vote bank politics Congress has made reservation continue up to this day ? and Anorion dont u support free competition ? SURVIVAL of the fittest ? Would u like to be treated by a less competitive SC/ST doctor who got selected in med college just by his caste (even though he wasnt good enuf in entrance exam marks) so that he can leave a scissor in ur stomach :lol:

and to all read my previous posts : Once again I repeat what I said :

Talking of UCC, Muslims in India can marry only 4 wives and that is because it is upper limit as per their religious book, i.e, Quran. There is no upper limit of wives in Hinduism. Shri Krishna had 16108 wives, Raja Dasrath (father of Shri Rama) had 4 wives. And not even polygamy, Hindusim even had polygney, Drapaudi had 4 husbands.

Now since there is no limitation of wives as per hindu scriptures, the Hindu Marriage act was formed to protect the rights of the poor woman so that her husband can't cheat on her.

In muslim faith, more than 1 wife means giving equal rights to each wife (otherwise the wife can ask for nullification of marriage). Not that u have one gharwali and a hidden baharwali. And its not easy, its not that damn easy. Even having one wife is difficult, forget about 2, 3 or 4 wives. :confused:

Morever, if u feel sorry 'NOT' to enjoy having 4 wives, then the same Indian law gives you full athourity to change your religion and enjoy the 'privilages' gieven to people of other faith :D

Ironically, As per the 1975 census of India Hindus are more polygynous than Muslims. The report of the ‘Committee of The Status of Woman in Islam’, published in 1975 mentions on page numbers 66 and 67 that the percentage of polygamous marriages between the years 1951 and 1961 was 5.06% among the Hindus and only 4.31% among the Muslims. :eek:

Talking of Ram Mandir issue, lets analyse who made it an issue? Isn't it BJP who made this issue and issue in the first place. See, what Swami Agnivesh ( a 'H-I-N-D-U') from from Arya Samaj has to say about the Ram Mandir issue "There are already more than 100 Ram temples at Ayodhya. Of these, 15 are 'birthplace temples' of Ram, marking the site where he was supposed to have been born. And if you go to any of these the priest will tell you that his temple is more authentic than the others. And yet the VHP and others are clamoring for a 16th temple at a site that used to be a mosque."

Published in TIME magazine, read it here
*www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,100748,00.html

Now, talking of eating cow. There is no problem if a person wants to remains vegetarian. No Indian law is forcing a veg - to non-veg. But if you insists these 'poor and simple' creatures of Mother Earth shouldn't be killed, then presumably your arguement is nothing but derived out of Blind biasness. Its better you read Hindu scriptures to say such a statement because then you have criticise the revered figures in Hinduism who indulged in killing those 'simple and innocent' creatures of Mother earth.

It is mentioned in Manu Smruti, the law book of Hindus, in chapter 5 verse 30
“The eater who eats the flesh of those to be eaten does nothing bad,
even if he does it day after day, for God himself created some to be eaten
and some to be eater.”

Again next verse of Manu Smruti, that is, chapter 5 verse 31 says
“Eating meat is right for the sacrifice, this is traditionally known as a rule of
the gods.”

Further in Manu Smruti chapter 5 verse 39 and 40 says
“God himself created sacrificial animals for sacrifice, ... , therefore killing in
a sacrifice is not killing.”

Mahabharata Anushashan Parva chapter 88 narrates the discussion between Dharmaraj Yudhishthira and Pitamah Bhishma about what food one should offer to Pitris (ancestors) during the Shraddha (ceremony of dead) to keep them satisfied. Paragraph reads as follows: “Yudhishthira said, “O thou of great puissance, tell me what that object is which, if dedicated to the Pitiris (dead ancestors), become inexhaustible! What Havi, again, (if offered) lasts for all time? What, indeed, is that which (if presented) becomes eternal?” “Bhishma said, “Listen to me, O Yudhishthira, what those Havis are which persons conversant with the rituals of the Shraddha (the ceremony of dead) regard as suitable in view of Shraddha and what the fruits are that attach to each. With sesame seeds and rice and barely and Masha and water and roots and fruits, if given at Shraddhas, the pitris, O king, remain gratified for the period of a month. With fishes offered at Shraddhas, the pitris remain gratified for a period of two months. With the mutton they remain gratified for three months and with the hare for four months, with the flesh of the goat for five months, with the bacon (meat of pig) for six months, and with the flesh of birds for seven. With venison obtained from those deer that are called Prishata, they remain gratified for eight months, and with that obtained from the Ruru for nine months, and with the meat of Gavaya for ten months, With the meat of the bufffalo their gratification lasts for eleven months. With beef presented at the Shraddha, their gratification, it is said, lasts for a full year. Payasa mixed with ghee is as much acceptable to the pitris as beef. With the meat of Vadhrinasa (a large bull) the gratification of pitris lasts for twelve years. the flesh of rhinoceros, offered to the pitris on anniversaries of the lunar days on which they died, becomes inexhaustible. The potherb called Kalaska, the petals of kanchana flower, and meat of (red) goat also, thus offered, prove inexhaustible. So but natural if you want to keep your ancestors satisfied forever, you should serve them the meat of red goat.

Now regarding the Bomb Blasts, this is what Assam Government has to say

ULFA may be behind serial blasts, says Assam govt

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ULFA_m...lasts_says_Assam_govt/articleshow/3654610.cms

See, this is what BJP has does. Creating extreme hatred and politics of Divide and rule, fully borrowed from Queen of England. This is why people like you are so mind-controlled and think in only one direction.

I personally don't suport anyone, BJP, Congress or Communist. (Talking of SP, Mulayam Singh openly declared in parliament that he support Muslims because he is interested in Muslim votes)Yet, i support an ideology which doesn't believe in invoking racial, cultural, regional or religious biasness to attract its vote bank.

I support an ideology which believes that development issues should be in top priority in its agenda, and development not only of tier A cities, but of remote villages.

The rosy pictures of Indian metros is just an illusion, the real India is the rural India. Which is having the maximum population and requires the maximum overall development.

few days back, i attended a presentation by a NGO Goonj working for flood relief in Bihar and other under developed villages under its clothes for work program. They gave me a shocking fact that there are hundred and thousands of women in India who don't have a proper cloth to cover themselves during menses. Sometimes two women interchange the soiled clothes. Major level of pregnancy deaths in rural sector is due to lack of sanitation.

There are even a group of 'Untouchables' in India in Madhya Pradesh who are called MushakBhashi. They live on catching and eating RATS.

I am not a volunteer of Goonj or any other NGO, these points were fresh in my mind so i just mentioned.

Why a hungary soul needs anything else but food? Why a naked body, need anything more than a piece of cloth.

Divide and conquer is the motto. And as long as people continue to see themselves as separate from everything else they lend themselves to be completely enslaved.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
@ esumit

U live in US btw r8?? .... then why are u even in this debate??..

and by reading ur statements i can clearly understand that u are very happy and supportive that all the BJP's policy to uphold Hinduism. i was referring to ur statements
regarding to the temple building and cow things.... and against the repel of HMA

U first have to understand what a true democratic secular nation is. This will not be tolerated or allowed in one. coz this will be just supporting of a particular religion.

And who i will vote. None. both bjp and congress or even commies dont deserve a vote. coz india is the worst democratic nation in the world.why should i support it. why should i support for some uneducated idiot to run my country. what could he possibly do for a common citizen.

last 60 years of independence.what have we achieved as a nation. dont say the roads,rockets,IT and stuff. what has it done to the most common man? How hard is a person to live in this nation? the living costs? the common facilities.?the job scene?

India is just a puppet nation now. a big pool of resource.

and esumit...u dont need to even read this..cost this matters with people who actually live here their life.. :)..

Most of us with education including me are looking or taking the way out from this mess.
this kinda debates are only good in papers fellows. beyond that they serve no purpose.

and if i have to vote it will be congress coz they do not encourage the racism and religiousness. but not saying that they are good. the other ones are too aggressive and biased.

Jerin

See? This is why no political party, good or bad, can help us(I'm not accusing madjeri)! This is not different from the kick-all-non-maharashtris campaign of Mr. Thackeray(I still didn't spell it right eh? To hell with it!). Even if he does live in the US, he is still a member of this forum and free to express his views and discuss anything! When will people understand that the world is not limited by international boundaries(let alone state boundaries!).

Anyway, I'll request you not to go out of India in search of better opportunities. Instead, create them here! Otherwise, someday, a foreign version of Mr. Thackeray will start kicking us out of Britain, China, Russia, US etc. too! India will face the same conditions Bihar and UP(mostly Bihar) are facing now! We'll be insulted(and maybe even killed!) and will be told to make our own piece of land a better place!

I'm staying! I'm not accepting any job offers from any other country in the future!(Considering I get one;)!)

Back on topic: I had heard that the Khalifa had asked all Muslims not to kill Cows for it hurted the religious sentiments of their brothers(Hindus). This is something global effort! Better than making it illegal using the constitution!

Also, you people have gotta understand that India is a SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR Democratic Republic! We here, are, unlike most other countries, tolerant to all religions(tolerate should not be the word though!). Thus, the constitution needs to be adapted to suit all religions! Otherwise, it would be Minority vs. Majority all over again!

To those who ask equal laws still, I give you this: for that to be, Humanity needs to develop very strong bonds of friendship and unity. Unity in religion should be achieved by some revolution(I'm talking about existence of only one supreme religion(or none)). AND, one does not need foresight to predict that Humanity is veeeeeery very far from that stage! Fear not, that day will come if Humanity is not destroyed by then. I personally predict that will be near the end of Earth or after some catastrophe affecting earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom