Bike daily commute 30km 80k-150k

mitraark

Decrepit
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a bike for daily commute. My office is around 13 km away from home ( maybe around 9 if I take the short route via inside lanes) Want to buy a bike which would be comfortable, low maintenance ,robust and durable, with decent mileage :D. Speed is not much of a concern :rolleyes:. Good looking bike preferred :cool:

I don't even know how to ride a bike yet:D:D:D:banghead::banghead::screwy::screwy::confused::confused:

But I've been riding the cycle since childhood,and have done long.distance.cycling across the busiest of roads,and I'm fairly well built, I hope handling and driving any type of bike won't be a concern after a bit of practice.

What is your budget?
- Flexible. 80k , but can go up to 150k if it's worth spending.

Your height & body build (lean/medium/heavy).
- Height: 6'1" , Build:Medium.

Looking for 100cc or 125cc or 150cc or >200cc?
- 150 cc to 220 cc

How many KMs do you travel everyday?
- I will travel around 30 kms during weekdays, May go for long distance rides occasionally.

How do you intend to travel most of the times- Alone or with pillion?
- a good Back seat is preferable, borderline necessary rather.

Looking for Naked/Semi faired or faired bikes?
- No idea what these are '-_-

Do you have preference to a certain brand or interested in any specific bike?
- Apache RTR180 ( ABS or standard ?)
KTM Duke 200
Yamaha FZ

What do you want most out of your bike? (Mileage/Power).
- Low maintainance, Mileage ,Comfort

Your place of stay and where you intend to buy it.
- Kolkata

What bikes have you owned in the past?
- None. This is my first bike.

How long do you intend to keep the bike?
- 7-10 yrs

kaz

right here
Looking at your budget I would suggest you the CBR 150, the Duke 200 and the Pulsar 200 NS...
Pulsar 200 has better mileage than CBR 150 and Duke 200..
Duke has a much better performance than the CBR 150 and slightly better than the 200 NS..
The ride quality is good in Duke and Pulsar because of upright seating, CBR has the much sportier look and might not be comfortable for long rides...

Overall 200 NS is the best value for money, but CBR 150 IMO looks much better and I wouldn't mind spending the extra bucks :)
Duke doesn't look any good to me plus I have no idea about the availability of its spare parts..

R15 V2 is also a good looking bike with good performance...

May be save 1lakh more and get the R25 when it launches in India :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Duke is locally manufactured and comes at a VFM tag due to reduced taxes. Get the one with ABS.

kaz

right here
Duke is locally manufactured and comes at a VFM tag due to reduced taxes. Get the one with ABS.

Not at all VFM when you compare it with 200 NS...Pulsar has got better mileage, almost same power, and costs way lesser...Duke 200 is overprice IMO

root.king

geek in action
Go for Honda if you want to keep it for 8-10 years
cbr150r and CB unicorn
They are smooth in sound and have less vibration on topspeed
Compared to others they are low maintainers

rj27

Net Addict
If you spending 80k + then you better get one with an ABS. I think it should even be made mandatory for these 1L segment bikes because **** happens and this things works at right time upto great extant.

My recommendation would be the Duke 200 RC new model with ABS if it's price is announced and falls in your budget (launch is around). It's a sheer pleasure to ride bike and throttle response is addictive(friend has one). Personally have a Apache 180 ABS and really miss an option for 6th gear for better ride quality at high rpms and higher top speed. Pulsar 200ns is also okay but no ABS even optional puts the deal off for me but probably best option if ABS is not on your priority prefrences.

johnjoyjoe1979

M A R I N E
If you want a very light bike then you can go with Pulsar 135 which also comes cheap. It gives a 60km per liter on the highway as I am using it right now.In city traffic it gives 50km per liter.Maintenance charges is also very less compared to other bikes in its range.

Last edited:

.jRay.

Youngling
If you want comfort R15. People think that the 150cc engine isn't as capable as 200cc but trust me its one hell of a beast. Two of my friends own it and One of them has even gone 150+kmph. Most of all the riding position is comfortable unlike 200ns and duke200.

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
Considering that this will be your first bike, and you haven't ridden bikes much, I would suggest the Pulsar 200NS or the KTM Duke 200. Dont go for any bike which has "bending" seating, like the R15, riding like that requires some experience, and further its not fun to drive in the city. Street bikes are best for daily commuting. They give you a surge of power which is essential in overtaking slow moving traffic. KTM Duke gives you more acceleration then pulsar 200ns. But the pulsar 200ns has better mileage, better headlight, better price. If you want absolute performance then go for the Duke. Else go for pulsar 200ns. And remember that any bike will run good, provided that you run it within limits and service it properly.

dude1

Journeyman
If you can , go for classic 350. Price around 1.3lac.Waiting period of around 3 months for non black version . Mileage around 35. Good power, awesome looks and excellent comfort. Also the torque-y engine is pleasant to drive in city traffic. I suggested that considering your built, it will suit you.Once you ride an enfield you cannot go back!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I would also suggest Pulsar 200 NS. But I doubt that you would be able to keep your bike for that long.

[OFFTOPIC]

I think that the right place for your query is XBhp forums, not over here in the chit chat section.

The websites such as TeamBHP and xBhp are exclusive and do not allow all. They are supposedly for high quality content so any noob will not flood their forums with which bike, what car etc. Getting entry is like winning the lottery or getting selected for IAS. I am not sure that knowing proper English equates with good automotive knowledge. My mechanic cannot speak one proper English sentence but is the best one around here.

[/OFFTOPIC]

Top Bottom