Best software to recover deleted files

Flash

Lost in speed
Since you have tried multiple softwares, but still in vain, most probably the data has been over-written. Using anymore recovery softwares won't be of much help.
As said above, if the data is of prime importance, give the HDD to a professional recovery company, but even then you need to keep your fingers crossed.
Exactly. If the data1 is overwritten with data2, you will little or zero chance to retrieve data1.

Vickytintu

Right off the assembly line
Recuva, TestDisk, Undelete 360, PhotoRec, Pandora Recovery, MiniTool Partition Recovery, Wise Data Recovery, Puran file Recover are the Best software to recover deleted files.

Last edited by a moderator:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I accidentally deleted a folder from desktop which had some important excel files. Immediately ran recuva, but it found millions of files but not the specific folder which I deleted or its contents. What should I do? I am going bonkers. Also isn't there any option to search for our files from that list?

Flash

Lost in speed
If it is the excel files, which you have deleted - then you can limit your search by adding extensions. (*.txt|*.mp3, for example). Its likely that the files will be renamed with some junk name, but with *.xlsx/xls extension.

Then sort by type and state as "Excellent or Good", and restore all excel files to a path. Now, search for yours.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If it is the excel files, which you have deleted - then you can limit your search by adding extensions. (*.txt|*.mp3, for example). Its likely that the files will be renamed with some junk name, but with *.xlsx/xls extension.

Then sort by type and state as "Excellent or Good", and restore all excel files to a path. Now, search for yours.

Did all that but it didn't help at all. It didn't even search the deleted folder. Out of options I had to make those excels again. Recuva helped me recover 6 months old data from a pen drive during my college days which was formatted like a zillion times in those 6 months.

Flash

Lost in speed
Did all that but it didn't help at all. It didn't even search the deleted folder. Out of options I had to make those excels again. Recuva helped me recover 6 months old data from a pen drive during my college days which was formatted like a zillion times in those 6 months.
Maybe that data cluster was overwritten with some other data.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Flash
1 more thing the pen drive was fully written multiple times but still I recovered those files after 6 months. In this case within 10 minutes of deleting the files I ran recuva but nothing was found.

Top Bottom