Best Graphics Cards in India – 2017 Q2 Guide

PriyankB

Right off the assembly line
Hello. I am trying to put together a PC for the first time and need some insight on graphic card manufacturers. Right now I have decided on GTX 1060 6GB but I can't decide which AIB to go for. I was thinking of MSI, but I saw a few cases of really poor customer service reported online. Of course, ideally I wouldn't have to bother with customer service for a few years atleast but I don't know how far or close to reality that scenario is :p So can anyone tell me which brands are the most reliable, if there is any marked distinction to begin with, in terms of product longetivity and after sale service? Or is there anyone which people here feel is distinctly NOT reliable? Much thanks for reading this, all help with be appreciated.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello. I am trying to put together a PC for the first time and need some insight on graphic card manufacturers. Right now I have decided on GTX 1060 6GB but I can't decide which AIB to go for. I was thinking of MSI, but I saw a few cases of really poor customer service reported online. Of course, ideally I wouldn't have to bother with customer service for a few years atleast but I don't know how far or close to reality that scenario is So can anyone tell me which brands are the most reliable, if there is any marked distinction to begin with, in terms of product longetivity and after sale service? Or is there anyone which people here feel is distinctly NOT reliable? Much thanks for reading this, all help with be appreciated.
Avoid Asus as they are overpriced.
Go for Zotac Amp! Edition 6GB with 5 years warranty.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello. I am trying to put together a PC for the first time and need some insight on graphic card manufacturers. Right now I have decided on GTX 1060 6GB but I can't decide which AIB to go for. I was thinking of MSI, but I saw a few cases of really poor customer service reported online. Of course, ideally I wouldn't have to bother with customer service for a few years atleast but I don't know how far or close to reality that scenario is So can anyone tell me which brands are the most reliable, if there is any marked distinction to begin with, in terms of product longetivity and after sale service? Or is there anyone which people here feel is distinctly NOT reliable? Much thanks for reading this, all help with be appreciated.
Why don't you wait for Amd's Vega?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
First one wait for it's release, then for availability then for price drop. By then, rumours and leaks about next generation started to surface on online. Again the cycle starts, wait for the next gen release - wait for availability - wait for price drop. Don't wait too much hoping you could get the best of the best tech.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
First one wait for it's release, then for availability then for price drop. By then, rumours and leaks about next generation started to surface on online. Again the cycle starts, wait for the next gen release - wait for availability - wait for price drop. Don't wait too much hoping you could get the best of the best tech.

I agree, but when you know that something new is going to come out very soon, it's better to wait. I am saying this from my personal experience. I bought i5 configuration in December last year, and couple of months later, Ryzen came out with better value for money.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Vega is meant to compete with 1070 and 1080 so ofcourse the price will be similar to those.
I agree, but when you know that something new is going to come out very soon, it's better to wait. I am saying this from my personal experience. I bought i5 configuration in December last year, and couple of months later, Ryzen came out with better value for money.
What is going to come out soon? His budget is that of 1060, he cannot just increase his budget to 35-40k and wait for Vega.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Vega is meant to compete with 1070 and 1080 so ofcourse the price will be similar to those.

What is going to come out soon? His budget is that of 1060, he cannot just increase his budget to 35-40k and wait for Vega.

1. I hope you are aware of pricing kept by AMD for its Ryzen CPU series, which kicked intel out of the competition for budget builders. AMD is anyways going to release a series of cards (presumably VEGA 10 PRO, VEGA 10 XT etc.) , and not just one GOD card.
Let me give you an example: these days 1060 6GB is priced approx. 20-24k , and 1070 is approx. 29-34k. What if AMD's 1070 competitor comes around 25k, to build up the competition, and it actually makes sense to increase budget to get that? Also, don't forget that new players in market makes the older ones cheap. RX 480/580 and most probably nvidia 10 series will get price drop.

2. Again, even if Vega doesn't come into budget, price drop of existing is a big possibility.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. I hope you are aware of pricing kept by AMD for its Ryzen CPU series, which kicked intel out of the competition for budget builders. AMD is anyways going to release a series of cards (presumably VEGA 10 PRO, VEGA 10 XT etc.) , and not just one GOD card.
Let me give you an example: these days 1060 6GB is priced approx. 20-24k , and 1070 is approx. 29-34k. What if AMD's 1070 competitor comes around 25k, to build up the competition, and it actually makes sense to increase budget to get that? Also, don't forget that new players in market makes the older ones cheap. RX 480/580 and most probably nvidia 10 series will get price drop.

2. Again, even if Vega doesn't come into budget, price drop of existing is a big possibility.

I don't see any price drop in our market. Ages old cards like GTX 750 costs still similar as before and with GST newer and older graphic cards will just go more pricier. As for drop of price due to introduction of newer cards well such old cards just go OOS here everywhere.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
lol @topgear @billubakra

I admit, what I said didn't happen. The main reason behind this is huge demand of AMD cards because of their better performance in bitcoin mining, which really made them OOS in almost every market, wordwide. And so nVIDIA got the monopoly in mid-segment, again. It really turned the market around, atleast for now.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
lol @topgear @billubakra

I admit, what I said didn't happen. The main reason behind this is huge demand of AMD cards because of their better performance in bitcoin mining, which really made them OOS in almost every market, wordwide. And so nVIDIA got the monopoly in mid-segment, again. It really turned the market around, atleast for now.

I was getting 1060 gb for around 18k then I waited for Vega and eventually got it for 22k. You owe me ha ha ha ha. Vega abhi tak nahi aya. Every component that I got now is way too overpriced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom