Best CPU assembly under 15k

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi,

One of my friend needs a CPU (only CPU, already has a TFT, Keyboard, Mouse & UPS) under 15k.

I know the budget is quite less. But he only needs the same for some basic Internet surfing & day today work.

Please recommend the parts accordingly.

Kindly Note - Our preference is to select those parts which can be utilized at a later stage, if he plans for an upgrade in future.

Thanks.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
man, please search the forum before creating a thread. There's a similar thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/161547-budget-pc-under-15k.html

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
You said you friend already has a TFT, Keyboard, Mouse & UPS. So you need CPU + Motherboard + PSU + Cabinet or what ? Its confusing.
So to avoid further mis-communications, please fill the questionaire in the thread which I'm linking below.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
You said you friend already has a TFT, Keyboard, Mouse & UPS. So you need CPU + Motherboard + PSU + Cabinet or what ? Its confusing.
So to avoid further mis-communications, please fill the questionaire in the thread which I'm linking below.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Yeah! He needs all that -

Processor
MotherBoard
HDD
RAM
Cabinet
PSU
DVD RW

And here you go -

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Basic lite gaming, otherwise official work in excel n all

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15k Max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NA

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: TFT, Keyboard, Mouse & UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 or 2 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Not Really

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Suggested RIG#1 ( With good PSU) - You'll need to add 1k more. (prices I've specified would be lower if you go hunting in market).

ComponentName Price
CPUIntel Pentium G6303500
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H61M-D2H3200
RAMCorsair Value Select 4GB 1333 MHz1200
PSUCooler Master 350 Plus1500
CabinetCooler Master Elite 311 or 3102000
HDDWD Caviar Blue 500GB3700
Optical DriveAsus DVD Writer900
SpeakersCreative SBS A40 Stereo500
Total16500

Suggested RIG #2 - With PSU which comes with cabinet (no guarantees that it wont burn your hardware). But this would be well in the budget.

ComponentName Price
CPUIntel Pentium G6303500
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H61M-D2H3200
RAMCorsair Value Select 4GB 1333 MHz1200
CabinetiBall Piano 441 (with 250 Watts PSU)1600
HDDWD Caviar Blue 500GB3700
Optical DriveAsus DVD Writer900
SpeakersCreative SBS A40 Stereo500
Total14600

Cilus

laborare est orare
Better get Corsair PSU instead of Cooler Master. The Coole Master Extreme and Extreme Plus PSUs, available at sub 4K price ranges are really bad. Better get Corsair VS450 @ 2.2K or CX430V2 @ 2.7K. I will suggest you to go with the later.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^ I suggested CM since budget *15K Max* does not allow for Corsair VS450 :( It would go above 17k. And CM is at least better than local PSUs or likes of Zebronics and Circle.

@OP if your friend can extend upto 17k then get Corsair VS450 as Cilus suggested.

great_manish

Journeyman
buy b75 chipset motherboard. it has usb 3 and sata 6bps and it supports ivy bridge processors as well in case u want to upgrade in the future !

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
a good b75 will cost atleast 4 k

delhiuser's advice is good :
^ OP can save few bucks by opting for cheaper cabinet & transfer that money to Corsair PSU.
since there are not many things to be included within the cabby , you can hunt for a .6 ~.7 k cabby
and put some money in buying a decent psu.

the h61 also supports ivybridge

great_manish

Journeyman
a good b75 will cost atleast 4 k

delhiuser's advice is good :

since there are not many things to be included within the cabby , you can hunt for a .6 ~.7 k cabby
and put some money in buying a decent psu.

the h61 also supports ivybridge

yea, but i couldn't find one with usb 3 in the market. i bought myself a gigabyte based b75 board for 3.9k yest btw.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
This looks good to me....

Processor - Pentium G620
MotherBoard - Gigabyte H61m DS2
HDD - WDC Blue 500GB HDD
RAM - 2 x 2gb Corsair Value
Cabinet - Zebronics Deluxe
PSU - Corsair VS 450
DVD RW - HP 24x DVD-RW

Hope all this would be around 15k to 16k. Rite guys?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ I'd suggest better opt in for a 1x4GB DDR3 stick instead of 2x2GB DDR3. Will let you some upgradability with one slot empty for a 4GB RAM + you'll save up around 100 bucks as a 2GB stick is comparatively costly than a 4GB one.

Top Bottom