best audio format for playing music on mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i too have a nokia 6270 ...i only use mp3..but what is the suitable bitrate to get best sound quality,good volume as well as small files..like 1 or 2 mb each (instead of 4-5 mb )

go_gamez

In the zone
ok but i got only 128 mb card complimentary ..the 1 gb or 512 mb mini sd is quiet expensive..so it will take time for me to buy it ..

OP
S

sidcool

Broken In
i have used the realmedia format(rm8) at 56kbps and it gives sound quality as good as 64kbps mp3.

sarvanan

Broken In
Hello to all,

I am new member in this group..... can you please tell some good software where i can compress 5mb (mp3song) to 1mb .... I have Nokia 3230 phone and have 512 mb card.

Thanks

saran

Hello to all,

I am new member in this group..... can you please tell some good software where i can compress 5mb (mp3song) to 1mb .... I have Nokia 3230 phone and have 512 mb card. You can mail me the link to saran_pillai@hotmail.com

Thanks

saran

Last edited:

go_gamez

In the zone
you can u se mp3 workshop...where u can decrease the bitrate..as well as increase the volume....but 1mb mp3 files sound quality is not that good..atleast if u r a music lover...

Pathik

Google Bot
ormat is .OGG for mobiles... but u need OGGPLAY for symbian fones

for converting to OGg use dbpoweramp wit ogg vorbis codec.... search on google and get that

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well ... if u have loads od space , then MP3 for sure (>180 kbps) ... and if ur running short on space then use MP4 ...

sarvanan

Broken In
thanks folks...what is .ra format..where you compress songs from 5 mb to 500KB or less than a mb.... one of my friend sai....any one is aware of this...Kinldy let me know.

Najesh

Broken In
Friends can u put some light on what is FLAC.I converted mp3 to .flac,and its size became 32 mb.I had heard that .flac is lossless compresssion,bt how did it compress,infact it increased d size.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
well i think the same way but being a music lover, cm to think of it, normally u wil listen to around 5-10 songs during a period i mean only a few songs can b ur most favs...so btter keep thm in best quality, since quality is more importnt thn quantity....wotsay guys!

Pathik

Google Bot
FLAC is the best quality audio... i think it was invented by Apple...
it is compressed in comparision to WAV

martian

Broken In
I'm using Sony Ericsson. For SE fans, I'd bet on music files ripped as AAC... Damn good Bass! High Profile MP4 ripped at 64+ kbps sounds good too! Dont know about Nokia... I hate Nokia!

G

gxsaurav

it's a nokia 7610, convert to Real audio format at 64 kbps

expertno.1

Technomancer
I suggest to get the format in mp3 @ 96 kbps , stereo and at 16000 hz instead of 44000 hz . it will redue ur file size and will be best sound in nokia .

but you must use the software "mp3 player 3.20" for symbian phones .
it gives good and loud sounds.

if u r low on memory , then get the mp3 @ 48 kbps at 32000 hz , mono/stereo ur wish .
it will give u best sound within 2.3 mb .
and the software is "mp3 player 3.20" for symbians .
u can get this software here,

www.mobuniverse.com

Thanks....
Regards....
Expertno.1

martian

Broken In
MP3s @ 48 kbps?? Dude, you must be nuts! Any MP3s less than 96 kbps are not worth listening!

Rather you can opt for MP4s @ 64 kbps... not bad!

paraman

Journeyman
I listed to music using the MP4 format. I encode MP3's to MP4 at 64kbps and honestly, you can't make out the difference. At least not on my SE k750i!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom