Batman: Arkham Origins

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ok some more interesting news:

Kevin Conroy Won’t Reprise His Role In Batman: Arkham Origins, Additional Details Surface

Its bad that the best voice actor of batman won't be around but with convincing reasons. Since this is an origin story featuring a much younger self of batman, a younger voice actor had to be roped in.
Its still unknown at this point exactly who that is. Check below for some interesting facts to know how this game is shaping into:

From GameMasters UK Senior Producer Ben Mattes explains:

• The Batman of Arkham City is Batman 5.0. He will punch out a guy without looking at him knowing exactly how many teeth he’s just fractured just from the feeling from his knuckles. Our Batman is version 0.9.
  • Expect every boss encounter to be different
  • We [ WB Games Montreal ] really believe that we’ve made the coolest version of Deathstroke [in any media]. He’s a wonderful counterpart to Batman
  • Making Batman scary again is important. Thugs are in absolute awe of Batman, debating whether or not he’s even human
  • Two game features were abandoned because they didn’t live up to previous Arkham games. (1) Robotic drones that would hunt Batman were axed because the developers decided that Batman shouldn’t spend the whole of the predator sections on the defensive. (2) Gusts of wind from the dynamic weather system which would force thugs to stand still and cover their eyes made it to difficult for players to control Batman ( snowy rooftops made him slip ). Mattes said that they cut it because it “sucks”.

• Batman is impulsive, overconfident as he still has to encounter an opponent on par with his strength. He is clever but does not think of everything, for example when interrogating a thug he can be dominated by violence and stun the thug before getting the information he wanted. The major difficulties he will have to deal with in the game will have a strong impact on his psychology and will make him change to the more realist and stoic Batman from the previous games.
  • Rupert Thorne is mentioned (as well as Falcone)
  • Some of the 8 assassins will be side missions, and we will not be finished with them from the first encounter.
  • Unlocking location for the Batwing is a whole side mission : an unknown hacker has jammed the radio system and Batman needs to restore it.
  • New combat move : Batman can rush toward an enemy while knocking another one on his path.
  • Freeze boss fight from Arkham City is the main model for Origins boss fights.

Imo, its shaping up extremely well. :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

• The Batman of Arkham City is Batman 5.0. He will punch out a guy without looking at him knowing exactly how many teeth he’s just fractured just from the feeling from his knuckles. Our Batman is version 0.9.
  • Expect every boss encounter to be different
  • We [ WB Games Montreal ] really believe that we’ve made the coolest version of Deathstroke [in any media]. He’s a wonderful counterpart to Batman
  • Making Batman scary again is important. Thugs are in absolute awe of Batman, debating whether or not he’s even human
  • Freeze boss fight from Arkham City is the main model for Origins boss fights.

That's it. This game's a winner. I loved the thug conversations more than anything in Arkham City.

*Installs Arkham City*

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Feast Your Eyes on Brand New Batman: Arkham Origins Screenshots

The new batsuit looks amazing and flawless.

*i.imgur.com/9PvTZFN.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ZhvqjQV.jpg

*i.imgur.com/nCU4vpf.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Qo8oUlt.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qilvbvp.jpg

*img542.imageshack.us/img542/4243/batmanarkhamoriginsscre.jpg

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
sexy sexy!!

Notice there are a lot of similarities to Earth One's suit.

*static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18863/2149721-batman_11.jpg

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yeah everythings peachy but this is absolute bollocks- "Batman is impulsive, overconfident as he still has to encounter an opponent on par with his strength. He is clever but does not think of everything, for example when interrogating a thug he can be dominated by violence and stun the thug before getting the information he wanted. The major difficulties he will have to deal with in the game will have a strong impact on his psychology and will make him change to the more realist and stoic Batman from the previous games."

If there is one thing batman is not,that is impulsive -__- Even with all his rage,scary factor and bone breaking,he is always in control. As in his mind is always calm and to say he doesn't think of everything is the stupidest statement of the century. Batman has a plan A,B,C,D,....Z and backup plans for all A,B,C,D,...Z plans. Even during his early years,he was never out of control because of his anger(Year one). I get where the developers are coming from with this approach. That he is a young batman who hasn't faced any challenges but I reiterate,he was always in control,young or not. But this is just plain stupid.

Everything else sounds top notch though. Specially the "We want to make batman scary" part. :D Yep,gotta love that :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
If there is one thing batman is not,that is impulsive -__- Even with all his rage,scary factor and bone breaking,he is always in control. As in his mind is always calm and to say he doesn't think of everything is the stupidest statement of the century. Batman has a plan A,B,C,D,....Z and backup plans for all A,B,C,D,...Z plans. Even during his early years,he was never out of control because of his anger(Year one). I get where the developers are coming from with this approach. That he is a young batman who hasn't faced any challenges but I reiterate,he was always in control,young or not. But this is just plain stupid.

Yep he is. Even the New 52 range highlights his lack of backup plans and his overconfidence. In an issue, Bats is so overconfident that he thinks Joker could never kidnap Nightwing, Robins, Batgirl and Red Hood, and goes on a hunt in Gotham. But the exact opposite occurred. He didn't have any backup plans.

But since it's Batman, the writer Snyder, made Joker kidnap the co. in one of Batcave's caves. So Batman immediately had a plan. So much for his impulsiveness. :batman:

And also read The Dark Knight Returns, even though he's a lot older from the rest of the comics, he's fed up of the criminals and almost does shyt.

And damn, can't wait to fight with Deathstroke. The suit looks terrific!

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yeah well thats the new 52 for you. -_- And I have read dark knight returns where he is a grumpy old grandpa(well almost). And also, trust snyder to take away all the depth from the character that morrison's will have till batman inc.13
After that snyder and others will probably take him back to fight mob boss no. 123456 again and again -_-

Anyway,as long as the game is well made,I won't have too much of an issue with this.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I hope pc version release like arkham asylum and not like arkham city which had tons of problems . And no GFWL please /

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yeah well thats the new 52 for you. -_- And I have read dark knight returns where he is a grumpy old grandpa(well almost). And also, trust snyder to take away all the depth from the character that morrison's will have till batman inc.13
After that snyder and others will probably take him back to fight mob boss no. 123456 again and again -_-

Anyway,as long as the game is well made,I won't have too much of an issue with this.

I found Scott's stories to be more mature than Grant's, but that's me.

On the offtopic, have you read New 52 Aquaman?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Teaser did tease me x.x Damn that fight. reminded me of ra's al ghul fight vs batman from batman begins :D

@nvidiageek No mate, kind of hard coping up with so many universes and superheroes at the same time :p Haven't read too much of aquaman in any case I'm afraid. :(

The reason why I like morrison's batman run so much is because he destroyed the archetype of the grumpy always batman bit by bit. He took him away from the batman vs mob villain number 123567 and introduced a much more interesting take on batman. And I am a big fan of psyche and messed up stuff so it was just more appealing to me :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Dedshawt! Holy crap, one of the most amazing Deadshot I've ever seen. It's almost as good as Arrow's Deadshot (this one's terrific).

Teaser did tease me x.x Damn that fight. reminded me of ra's al ghul fight vs batman from batman begins :D

@nvidiageek No mate, kind of hard coping up with so many universes and superheroes at the same time :p Haven't read too much of aquaman in any case I'm afraid. :(

The reason why I like morrison's batman run so much is because he destroyed the archetype of the grumpy always batman bit by bit. He took him away from the batman vs mob villain number 123567 and introduced a much more interesting take on batman. And I am a big fan of psyche and messed up stuff so it was just more appealing to me :p

But, Batman = grumpy, give little shyt about himself (and/or others). And yeah, I'm a fan of messed up stough (suggestion: Swamp Thing). I highly recommend Black Mirror by Snyder, if you haven't already read it. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I am sorry. Its not grumpy. Thats a character trait(I am talking about the bruce batman here,not grayson or damian). I meant being a d**chebag. Even in dark knight returns he is pretty much a d**che. -_- And for too long that has been abused to the extent that it had become a monotone and singular approach to the character.I meant morrison broke away that aspect bit by bit and introduced a more varied and interesting angle to the character. I enjoyed the swamp thing. And I have read black mirror. Its not bruce batty though.I always liked grayson as batman as well. He is not as "powerful" in his fighting as bruce is,but his detective skills are epic and damn nice acrobatic maneuvers.

P.S:- Loved the teaser :D Should be epic .

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
*Phew* Now, this game's Arkham City equivalent or better.

Kevin Conroy will be returning for Batman: Arkham Origins | PIXEL ENEMY

Top Bottom