ASUS GTX295 4GB Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
ASUS has just designed a new monster graphics card that breaks the mold for reference design GeForce GTX 295, called the ASUS MARS 295 Limited Edition. The card, although retains the name "GeForce GTX 295", same device ID, and is compatible with existing NVIDIA drivers, has two huge innovations put in by ASUS, which go far beyond being yet another overclocked GeForce GTX 295: the company used two G200-350-B3 graphics processors, the same ones that make the GeForce GTX 285. The GPUs have all the 240 shader processors enabled, and also have the complete 512-bit GDDR3 memory interface enabled. This dual-PCB monstrosity holds 32 memory chips, and 4 GB of total memory (each GPU accesses 2 GB of it). Apart from these, each GPU system uses the same exact clock speeds as the GeForce GTX 285: 648/1476/2400 MHz (core/shader/memory).

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-05-28/2e.jpg

Each PCB holds 16 memory chips, a 6-phase digital PWM power circuit, drawing auxiliary power from an 8-pin PCI-E power connector, the GeForce GTX 285-class GPU, and its companion NVIO2 processor. The PCB holding the PCI-Express bus interface, also holds the bridge chip. ASUS broke away with using the nForce 200 chip, and instead is using a yet to be disclosed third-party bridge chip. Currently, PLX and IDT are two likely sources for such a chip. The memory consists of high-density 0.77 ns memory chips made by Hynix.

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-05-28/2c.jpg

The electrical-management on each PCB is care of a Volterra VRM controller, which supports the NV-I2C interface, which means that the card supports software voltage control, perhaps a big plus for ASUS' Voltage Tweak feature that is gaining in popularity. Fused power circuit provides Over Current Protection while also facilitating extreme overclocking.

*www.techpowerup.com/95445/ASUS_Designes_Own_Monster_Dual-GTX_285_4_GB_Graphics_Card.html

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Jus' when I thought the HD4890 X2 would take back the fastest gfx card crown, this card had to come along!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What the hell is this.

The ugliest Graphics card that I ever was but is monstrous. Kudos to ASUS.

afonofa

Journeyman
2 Q's

1. any idea about the price of the card?
2. any idea whether bill gates has daughter of marriageable age? :razz:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This cards are going to be :

1000 of them going to be made probably 500£ price tag

So it's 37,912.6 INR but 1000 pieces is very little. But we all know if somehow it reaches in here the price will be not any less than 50K :p

*forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14167780

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey guys, y don't u we make two separate Offical discussion threads for Nvidia and ATi so dat there we can post news and details abt new card releases and updates, instead of creating multiple threads like this each day....and MetalHeadGautham can make them Sticky since he is an active Mod in hardware section.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

There was a thread called "Official Overclockers" but it never became sticky, and bringing it back from the dead was therefore a tough job.

============================================================================

EDIT:-

Have a look at these:

nVidia/ATi NEWS Channel
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117078

INTEL/AMD NEWS Channel
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117080

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Ejjactly and also I would like to see a separate Overclocking section.

+1 ya I would love to see a separate overclocking section :)

there was one thread earlier but it was some kinda overclocking guide thread, dats y it is dead not lasting long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom