Assassins Creed 3

Alok

Adventurer
Ubisoft continues to annualise its franchise. And here is another confirmation.

Assassin's Creed 3 launching October 30 - GameSpot.com

So we ,could start our discussion how is it flocks waiting for the game finally don't worry yet not far away Assassin Creed III will be here Officially on Oct 31 ,2012:|
*img269.imageshack.us/img269/3172/fsdggsdgd.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Action Adventure
Multiplayer Options: Online
Release date: Oct 31, 2012

There have been rumor's of Assassin Creed III will be featuring American Revolutionary war and with the picture leak today, there is little doubt anymore that it is indeed going to be the setting. It is fair to say the reveal was met with mixed response at best, and despite generally trusting Ubisoft (the constant milking of Ezio notwithstanding), I do with a lot of complaints about the setting, and it pales in comparison with the other potential settings. For example:

The American Revolution is an era explored countless times in books, movies and even in video games (Age of Empires III and Empire: Total War come to mind). We would’ve liked a setting less visible.

The setting does not feature the large sprawling cities typical to AC games, neither does it contain any unique architecture.

Depictions of the American Revolution are usually very black-and-white, where the line between the “good guys” and the “bad guys” is clearly drawn.

Conspiracy theories about the American Revolution are trite and overdone, and have been explored from Dan Brown books to the National Treasure films.
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/8026/original21430x606.th.jpg
But then again, I’d like to put my faith Ubisoft (pointless gameplay additions in AC: Revelations notwithstanding), and in the right hands, the American Revolution setting could potentially be good, and there a lot of elements can come into play to create a great AC game, such as:

A Native American protagonist (as the tomahawk in the poster suggests) alludes that their will be some moral ambiguity, where neither the white Americans nor the English are the “good guys”.
The American Revolutionary had MAJOR effects on world politics and history, and this could play into a very interesting story
New era-specific weapons means new combat mechanics without shifting focus from bladed weapons
London and Paris could potentially be the settings for some parts of the game, given the role of England and France in the American Revolution

A great cast of supporting characters consisting of the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, King George III and Benedict Arnold.

The lack of big cities could mean new game mechanics for exploring other locations, such as forests, forts, mountains…etc

Voice actors won’t have to do any ridiculous Italian accents

Anyways, I can’t say I am not disappointed by the choice of location, but I’d like to keep my faith in Ubisoft (lame filler plot in AC: Brotherhood notwithstanding). Plus, there’s virtually no information at all yet on the game, and it would be ridiculous to make any judgem… oh crap.

//MOD edit:
Added 101gamzer's post in OP as it had a little more details

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
may be AC 3 will be set in future as Altair and Ezio's stories are over and only Desmond is there.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
good news for AC fans..
i have never played any in the AC series & have AC Brotherhood (is it worth playing?)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Meh, franchise fatigue.
Such a good game, but they should stop releasing a new game in such short span of time.

utkarsh73

In the zone
good news for AC fans..
i have never played any in the AC series & have AC Brotherhood (is it worth playing?)
Must give a try to AC Brotherhood but before that play AC-II else you may find it difficult to understand. All controls are almost similar in both though.

I skipped Revelations. Seemed waste of time. Will play AC3 for sure :D
Revelations is best in the series(along with AC-II..;-)). Its navigation system is brilliant and missions are more challenging(Compared to other 3) along with more variations in the missions.

may be AC 3 will be set in future as Altair and Ezio's stories are over and only Desmond is there.
It must not be in future. The usp of this franchise is creating medieval eras feeling very realistic. Besides, they will have to overhaul the entire gameplay as it will not sound good if we keep stabbing from behind while we have more stealthy and deadly guns and artillery available:mrgreen:.
It will become much like Splinter Cell(If they want to retain the stealthy approach)...:wink:

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Here is an article trying to guess time period. Imo it may be Roman or American revolution.

The 5 Coolest Time Periods Assassin?s Creed 3 Could (Shou... | GameZone

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I skipped Revelations. Seemed waste of time. Will play AC3 for sure :D
You made a big mistake. That game, coupled with the short movie, Embers, is the way to conclude Ezio's storyline (and Altair's). You could have probably skipped Brotherhood, which wasn't really memorable, save for the Cristina missions. :wink:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Revelations is the best game in the series.I skipped that brotherhood.This game has the Best character development shown in any game.

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
As for me i have AC1, II and Brotherhood, yet to finished AC-B. Will buy revealation in summers.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
30th October? Wow, so quick :p
I just hope it won't carry forward Revelations crap and kiddish concept of Den defense.

gameranand

Living to Play
Now that I have played all AC games. I play them mainly because of the story because gameplay is more or less similar specially in last 2 games.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I am thinking of buying ac brotherhood! after all completed ac 2 yesterday bought Fifa 12(as i am soccer fan).But is ac 3 sequal to ac2 or ac b is sequal to ac 2?so much confusion.......

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
I am thinking of buying ac brotherhood! after all completed ac 2 yesterday bought Fifa 12(as i am soccer fan).But is ac 3 sequal to ac2 or ac b is sequal to ac 2?so much confusion.......

AC3 will be entirely different game acc. to story.
AcB is sequel to ac2.

Top Bottom