Argent alert change your modem password immediately. (BSNL Dataone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharun518

Banned
Change your modem password immediately. If someone knows your I.P address they can access your modem site. If your default is admin please change it. They will be asked for password. If they enter they can restart the modem deactivate wireless change settings and all the things that we do. You can know this by type your I.P in browser when typed the mode site open’s.

Visit this to get more details. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57773

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
192.168.1.1 on your PC will show you *your*router page. Entering anyone else's IP will not connect unless he has some Webserver like Apache running on it.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ But the router runs an HTTP server.. But for that to work, you need to enable remote administration, which is enabled by default on Airtel routers, dunno about BSNL/MTNL ones..

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Choto Cheeta said:
I doubt that, I have tried that, unless u configre it to get accessed, by default u may not have access....

No that guy is right....
I just tried it from my Dad's office...
I can really change my password and other settings from there...
And I am using default config. for my modem...
With default password admin.
Its wierd.
Suggestion : Change ur admin password immediatly...Even if u r sure u r secured. Just for precaution.

Edit : Just Changed my Password. Now I feel more secured

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
192.168.1.1 on your PC will show you *your*router page. Entering anyone else's IP will not connect unless he has some Webserver like Apache running on it.

Well i tried 50 random ip addresses after reading this post.
All like this - 59.**.**.**
And 12 of them worked. and I was given access to all their settings. Ofcourse I didn't done anything wrong with settings. (Althought I wanted to :D :D Just for fun.. :D ).

And I doubt they have any web servers running.
So basically if I know the IP and and the person whose IP is this have not changed the default pass. I can manipulate his router setings easily.
It's for BSNL dunno about Airtel.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
with a proper FW(iptables),how can anyone access my dataone router?
I think no chance!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
What's this modem password??I only use the BSNL username password(default changed).Can anyone tell me how to change the password for the modem.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
praka123 said:
with a proper FW(iptables),how can anyone access my dataone router?
I think no chance!
Its actually a feature through which ISPs can troubleshoot modem problems remotely.. So yes, anyone CAN access your modem if you still have the default username/password..

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Harvik780 said:
What's this modem password??I only use the BSNL username password(default changed).Can anyone tell me how to change the password for the modem.

If u haven't changed the default one yet. Do this...

Type 192.168.1.1 in ur choice of browser. In the password box type admin as user id and password.

Your Modems page will open up.
Look for administration tab (Or any similar looking tab, it depends on ur modem model.) there you can edit password for admin. U cant change ur username. (Atleast I am not able to do this.) but you can add more users and assign them rights.

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Very strange, if i enter someone else IP in my browser, it doesnt connect. I am on Airtel

Well you just can't connect to any random ip. I tried 50 randoms and got onlt 12 connected.

or maybe its not possible in airtel...

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Quiz_Master said:
If u haven't changed the default one yet. Do this...

Type 192.168.1.1 in ur choice of browser. In the password box type admin as user id and password.

Your Modems page will open up.
Look for administration tab (Or any similar looking tab, it depends on ur modem model.) there you can edit password for admin. U cant change ur username. (Atleast I am not able to do this.) but you can add more users and assign them rights.

Well you just can't connect to any random ip. I tried 50 randoms and got onlt 12 connected.

or maybe its not possible in airtel...
Thanks quizmaster for replying but the address u gave does not open in vista's internet explorer 7.Is it right or there's a problem with IE 7.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Very strange. Even entering my own IP wont show anything. Only entering 192.168.1.1 will show me router page.

This is a interesting topic :lol:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well a bit of the topic but MTNL is a damn fool...
The CA number they allocate is similar to the telephone number..
It is simple to formulate if you have someone's telephone number..
And CA no. is the default password that is issued to all new broadband connections..
So just get the phone number and you have his broadband account;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom