Any DVD RW brands other than Sony & Moserbaer?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have seen repeated failures with Sony & Moserbaer DVD RW disks. I have noticed that the DVD RW disks fail sometimes after quick erase. I have so far thrown at least 2 Sony & 4 Moserbaer DVD RWs in last 2 years.

I was wondering if there is any other good brand I can count on for DVD RWs?
Thanks.

quicky008

Technomancer
has anyone heard of national?Is it a reliable brand?i found some sellers offering national dvd-Rs and RWs for as low as Rs 230 for a pack of 10 discs on ebay.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've not used National DVDs recently. But they were a mix bag in terms of compatibility with DVD drives. Same can be said about their reliability also. Out of 8 DL DVDs I've used 6 were recorded good and two got wasted. Now for the 6 DVDs I had to write'em at 2x speed, Lol :D

BTW, here's review which may be helpful ;)
User review: National - DVD+R-DL (DVD+R9) 8.5GB - Club Myc

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
In my personal opinion ebay is as well a home to duplicate, unreliable products. They do not have a good descriptive review mechanism and the %feedback rating for sellers there is totally deceptive.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, there's good sellers. I've bought original japan made Verbatim DVDs. and Theyt are original Japan made Verbatim. From the Plastic box to the quality of the DVD - when you hold one in your hand and when you write one is sheer awesomeness to say the least.

icebags

Technomancer
i wonder why u still look for dvd rw discs ? among all optical disc types, dvd rws are what fails fastest.

back in those early pen drive days, i had several moser baer, frontech, samsung discs. samsungs probably lasted a bit longer, may be more than a year, but eventually they all failed. then felt happy to have made transition to pendrives.

Top Bottom